I keep thinking how much more powerful the Spiderman origin story would be if Peter Parker was an African American kid...

I keep thinking how much more powerful the Spiderman origin story would be if Peter Parker was an African American kid, whose Uncle Ben was shot by police while being arrested for a minor parking infraction. There is no formal investigation, and Peter decides to put himself on the line to prevent it happening again. He tackles the white crimes that go unpunished, punishes POC criminals fairly. He is the leveler, always fighting to be without bias, to be just. To protect people like his uncle.

This not only mirrors so much of what’s happening in America, but feeds right into the complex relationship between Spiderman, the authorities and the media.

Peter Parker is a brilliant student, awkward, a nerd, but is branded a thug, a gang member, a criminal, because of his appearance. The media latch on to that and misrepresent him totally.

The police, humilitated by the fact that he refuses to work with them and often punishes cops themselves for brutalizing innocent people, or guilty people who still deserve better treatment than they get, attempt to hunt him down.

The “with great power comes great responsibility” line gets such a deeper meaning within this context.

Not to mention a white nerdy boy with glasses is not the look of a social outcast or person of ridicule anymore. In fact they never were to begin with. Just revisionist history and a victim complex.

Yes

Sup Forums is triggered in 3, 2, 1...

Yeah Miles Morales could've been a real something but instead it was just "wow I have spider-powers™ guees I'm gonn be Spider-Man now!"

Also sliding timeline was, is and will never not be a mistake

How about you come up with an original character instead?

Please, for shit's sake, nobody fall for this copypasta or the shitheads like

Would you really want Bendis trying to tackle that?

Bendis?

That would change his main motivation massively. He endures all the bad things life throws at him, because of his crippling guilt, in not doing anything to stop a crook, that later killed his uncle.

Your version is great, but it would alter the characters main motivation too much. As another user said earlier, be bold and create another hero with this backstory.

No I am not triggered. I would love to see this so I could laugh at it.

Bendis. The Bendis.

I think you should change the names for more realistic ones, Putanda Pokuanda and Aunt Mowanda.

(You)

Give spooderman a huge dick that the white girlfriends cant handle.

Spider-man is made of fanfiction writers.

There shouldn't be a "Canon spider-man". Because Stan lee&original writers already left spider-man.

>The “with great power comes great responsibility” line gets such a deeper meaning within this context.
It gets no meaning at all, it wasn't his fault his uncle died in this version, in this version he didn't missused his power neither got profit from them, that phrase literally doesn't affect him.

Inb4 miles morales trash.Ignoring that I think it would make a good elseworld of the writer had a fine understanding of race relations and delt with it.A spider man motivated by perceived racial injustice could make a fun mini series.

Serious responses are not allowed in this thread.

So then why not make another character?

This would have been a lot better for Miles Morales. Maybe not his uncle, but father or something (or I guess his uncle is a bad guy, but he maybe wouldn't know that yet) and it'd mirror Peter's origin. When they'd meet and talk, they'd have the discussion and Peter would feel even more guilty for not stopping the robber who killed Ben and also for not watching the streets more for whoever killed Miles' family.

get outta here, Bendis

The Bendis? Is the same Bendis I'm thinking of?

The writer like seeing another version of spider-man.

I mean...Frank miller could just create his own batman.

>Not to mention a white nerdy boy with glasses is not the look of a social outcast or person of ridicule anymore. In fact they never were to begin with. Just revisionist history and a victim complex.

Isn't this cultural appropiation?

Didn't he do exactly that when the company said that his idea for a More religious Batman didn't mesh well with the concept they liked going with?

the phrase goes from "if you have the power to do things,do good things for others" to "if you have power use it to bring real justice to the world",if imagine this version would be a lot darker and similar to batman with a similar dogmatic need to bring "real" justice.There are a lot of directions that kind of motivation could lead to both in a darker direction and a lighter one too

I hate niggers.

Yes, But he did successful fanfiction batman.

That happened, dude. Google Holy Terror.

>Peter Darker
In both senses, I like it

Batman is a pussy that has never killed to prevent the joker committing more murders.

He is a morality story for children.
>Always do the right thing and be a good guy! However never get your hands dirty. Leave that to adults.

Right because he kept the character within the bounds of the pre-established narrative.

There it is

If you arnt willing to carry out a bombing campaign, you arnt oppressed.

This is a child's understanding of batman.

I think you just got baited. Whoever made that post you responded to is probably an ultra liberal just fucking with you. Dummy.

If Spiderman is not a transgender biracial pansexual otherkin then I won't read this comic, user

It is still a fanfiction.

Like i said, All fans or writers should have the ability to write stories about heroes in a different life. It is what keeps superman/flash interesting.

Yeah but with an iteration that was still more or less close to Batman albeit darker. Even the future Batman still was within that mold.
The better comparison would've been Daredevil whom he'd made into a Catholic Ninja

No its a child's morality story.
An adult can kill to protect since that is sometimes required.

>Black people still thinking they're persecuted
No, only criminals are, maybe, just maybe if you don't resist arrest, fake having a gun, shoot agaist police, rob, etc, maybe then you won't end in jail or dead

This

ALSO

THIS ALREADY FUCKING HAPPEN!

>The day
>We president

But you shouldn't really be shocked when people feel you've totally changed the character to something that doesn't really resemble the character.

Are you thinking of a different Bendis?

>Telling blacks to don't follow their traditions
Woah, that's racist.

>>Le batman has never tried to kill the joker me

>It is still a fanfiction.

But it's within the boundaries of the pre-established narrative.

For an issue.
And did they have the whole Uncle Ben line? All I remember is he has a stand off with a bunch of Cops with Captain Anarchy and a bunch of punks backing him up. Then he kills Reagan and that's the end of that comic.

What if there was a superhero who was basically a well spoken responsible leader of the community and a working father? Like an uncle Phil with superpowers BTFO of shit criminals fucking up the projects and messing with his kids, and actually working with the police in a batman kind of way.

It's not as though you don't have ones that don't do that. Some are even good.

Again, this is a child's understanding of Batman.

Thomas Dowell, bitten by a radioactive white man used his powers to clean up the projects from shiftless thuggery and hooliganism. He is THE UNCLE!

No its quite clearly a comic aimed at children (many of whom have grown up) and it contains lighter moral tones than what his line of work would actually encounter.

>mfw I legitimately care more when a cop shoots a pitbull than when a cop shoots a black guy

>radioactive white man
So he was bitten by spider man?

No real understanding of Batman here.

Soooo literally black lightning

the target audience is white tho. Black teens dont read comics. they are too busy playing the knock out game

More likely I have total understanding and you cant comprehend that.

White teens don't read comics either. Hell white adults don't read comics.

Nobody reads comics except for the faggots who are still willing to fall for the Big 2's bullshit out of some misguided brand loyalty.

wolves can be tamed you mongrel.

AND HIS ROGUE GALLERY

THE HONKY TANK
THE CRACK CREW
THE NEFARIOUS NIKE NINE
THE BLACK PANTHER CUBS
VOODOO VINCENT
KING TYRONE
THE THUGANG GANG
HIP HOP HERACLES FT. BEATUP BOX BROWN
THE FUNKY FRO
ZULU SAM
AND HIS GREATEST VILLAIN OF ALL

WOOLIE OF MADDENTOWN AND HIS CABAL OF BLACK WEEABOOS

Awwwwwwwww shit. Race bait thread. Time to act like a fucking retard.

The "Tame" wolves you see are actually half wolves.
Real wolves are smaller and genuinely untamable.

Go away, Waid

No mater what race you are, everybody loves pizza

I would unironically love to watch this as a black dynamite tv show esque blaxploitation parody thing

Those reverse vampires did the world a service on that one.

I can't even tell who's being baited. Sup Forums? /tumblr/? Both?

I dont think anyone is being baited. No one took OPs bait. Its just shitposting and people hanging around in the hopes the thread will take off.

It's bait that fucking runs itself. It's like an ouroboros thinking that it finally got a hold of some corrupt entity, when in reality, it's just some dumbass snake eating its own ass ad infinitum.

I really need to check out that reprint that came out back in the spring.

>black
It's always black. Why not Peter Park the Korean Spider-man?

I remember reading that Halfwolves were even more temperamental than regular wolves.

We tried that.
It ended poorly.

reminder that whites are 50% more likely to be shot by cops on a per encounter basis in comparison to blacks

Yeah, I sure do love white writers at Marvel writing about the struggles of black kids that are all the same stories, all the time. Or did you not read Miles's original run?

But whatever, this thread is stupid fucking bait. We've already got Miles for black spider-man politicking, even though he could have been so much more than 'i'm black, also venom blast'.

>his idea for a More religious Batman

wat.

You know hoodrat motherfuckers are under represented in comics.

When am I going to get a Nick Diaz like hero I can relate to?

nigga if you dont think this whole post is an elaborate bait by some white guy you're insane

miller is a militant atheist

holy terror is not supposed to be a "religious batman" at all

it's supposed to be "what if they still made war propaganda comics like they did back in the 40s?"

>Let's make Spider-Man black, that'll be the best way to address issues faced by the current generation of youngsters!
>My creativity is otherwise so lacking all I can think of is a Trayvon Martin revenge fantasy
Reinventing an established property and shifting it to a new audience is a difficult prospect, it requires nuance, subtlety, and some good creative problem-solving skills.

If you just want there to be a "Spider-Man-esque" series about a youngster who has to deal with racism and ethnic disparity, read Ms. Marvel. It does a great job of updating the concept of early Spoodermin while placing it in a more grounded and modern America.

If you want something that addresses black issues in particular, there's Mosaic and Section 8, although Mosaic is likely getting canned because current Marvel is being run by incompetent buffoons who don't know jack shit about marketing, and Dog Welder is only one part of Section 8.

Ordinarily I'd just dismiss this as bait, but I gotta ask: Did you make that art?

Why are people replying

While I agree with the basic premise, your second half is complete bullshit.

>Peter Parker is a brilliant student, awkward, a nerd, but is branded a thug, a gang member, a criminal, because of his appearance. The media latch on to that and misrepresent him totally.

Why would the media even care about a student, much less a black student? Did he do something amazing? Or will this be stupid and he reveals his face all the goddamn time like a bad movie spider man?

>The police, humilitated by the fact that he refuses to work with them and often punishes cops themselves for brutalizing innocent people, or guilty people who still deserve better treatment than they get, attempt to hunt him down.

Gee, good thing he's not a thug, and certainly capable of thinking himself better than what he wants to avoid becoming.

>The “with great power comes great responsibility” line gets such a deeper meaning within this context.

Not really. What you described is someone abusing his power to lash out at the system. Might as well be Punisher.

>Not to mention a white nerdy boy with glasses is not the look of a social outcast or person of ridicule anymore. In fact they never were to begin with. Just revisionist history and a victim complex.

Well, ain't that the Sup Forums statement? Social outcast does not mean what you think it means.

Why not Native-American?
Cape version of Scalped would be amazing, but hey you always have to pander to blacks.