What are some other films for brainlets that think they're watching art?

What are some other films for brainlets that think they're watching art?

Stuff like picture related, inception, biutiful(or pretty much anything by inarritu), idiocracy, etc

fuck off it was great

Lynch's movies

What is a genuinely intelligent film?

>I don't like thing
That's great and all but why do you feel the need to convince others of your opinion?

Any Villeneuve or Nolan film

anything else by villeneuve

Inception was a fun watch, no amount of meming will make me dislike it

>we'll need to buy all the seats in first class
>I just bought the airline

KINO

Why don't you list some real 'art', user. Clearly you must know your stuff from this thread

He's too scared to post anything that he considers "artful" or even good. Kinda pathetic desu

Nolan’s dark sentimentality may seem classical to naive filmwatchers. But the way his clichés manipulate viewers’ perception of the world and human behavior is merely timely, not profound. Like Grand Theft Auto’s quasi-cinematic extension of noir and action-flick plots, Inception manipulates the digital audience’s delectation for relentless subterfuge.

Inception should have been called Self-Deception.

All of Snyders movies

My favorite movies:

Emociones Fuertes (Rodríguez-García, 2003)
The Conversation (Coppola, 1974)
In Search (Straussberg, 1991)
मदद (Pareesethamul, 2001)
M (Lang, 1931)
CoseX (Lezama, 1988)
Píngaráo (Joao Avelar, 1999)
Rostros (Luz María de La Fuente, 2012)

I bet you haven't even seen anything off that list. What google search did you use to come up with it?

Is this flick the new Gravity by Cauron in the sense that easily impressed plebs will sing it's praise until the next plebs bait product comes out?
I haven't seen it yet btw but the amount and style of posting for it feels just like back when that came out

How is an almost 3 hour long R rated slow burning visually focused neo-noir sci fi film that deals with the human condition "pleb bait"?
The box office flopping should be your first sign of how plebs and normies outright deny the film.

>highly praised on pleb approved sites and boards;^)
Wew I wonder why I would assume that it's pleb bait

>It's only art if I deem it art
The title of art is not a badge of honor. Everything movie is fucking art. You're the brainlet.

Epic

>t.contrarian faggot

Are you serious Leto's lines were much more profound than Eisenbergs problem of evil 101

Capeshitters should stay away from kino they might have an aneurysm

Anything by Refn or Scorsese or Fincher. Every single dumb, beer swilling, dude-bro, wanna-be chad but is a fat fuck in dirty basketball shorts buying ben and jerry's at midnight and driving his moms car back home with his identical twin moron of a best friend piece of filth that I have ever met names a film by one of these cinematic disgraces as his favorite movie.

Isn't it atleast a bit pathetic to fill out countless captchas arguing with anonymous people to death about a film you didn't even see?

>kino
fuck off retard

Apocalypse now

Amadeus

>muh garden of eden
>muh angels
>le i le have le lock, le but le i le need le key xDDD
>hey check it out guys i have a bluish light in my neck, also i'm blind for some reason :^)

no you reddit

question: why was las vegas all polluted and abandoned? and if it was so polluted and dangerous how was harrison ford able to live there?

Yep that made it so much better than a fake wig on eisenberg talking about muh devils from above.

This was far more human in a sense he wanted to be god and a colonist but failed where tyrell succeeded with Rachel and is constantly trying to improve his product. Greatness drives a man insane

It was "Deckard is a replicant" allusion to please ridley. Las vegas was polluted because of the blackout, watch the anime short

When Goose did the radiation scan, the radiation of that specific place showed normal levels.
Ford has just been living there eating from the bees and drinking straight whiskey for years and that's it.

Of course not that's why I asked and if it's dogshit like that I won't see it

>Radiation: nominal
the words were right there on the screen

>expecting an honest recommendation

>half the movie is a remake of her
>harrison ford only shows up near the very end
>still doesnt answer the giant question if deckard is human or not
>super unresolved ending with some replicant uprising about to happen and jared leto still alive and in charge
wtf were they thinking?

Upstream color

>Asks for something
>Answer is given
>"hurr, I betcha didn't saw them!"
The Conversation is entry level, you pleb. The fact that you don't know at least 4 of them is sufficiently embarrassing.

Define art.

And then tell us why such movies cannot be considered some form of art.

>that image
wut
I posted the poster

at least eisenberg was unintentionally funny, unlike this obnoxious faggot whose nonsensical rambling provided some of the most excruciatingly dull scenes i have ever seen
what you just said is only theoretical, his goals are never properly conveyed in the film , and the overzealousness of leto's performance is the main reason why
also while yes eisenberg was cartoony and his motivations were unclear, he at least felt like an actual villain
leto felt like some wise assistant to the real villain
and even when he had opportunities to act like a villain he passed them down
like when he said "i have ways to make you talk mr deckard", instead of doing that straight away to get the most important info for him at this point he instead uses the fake rachel method which fails, whose only purpose was to buy more time for k so he can come and be the hero at the end, aswell as to give the audience some cringy melodramatic goo
just shit, SHIT, T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E writing

hahah this denial. Villenueve is garbage. Blade Runner 2 is trash. You have the taste of a middle aged housewife. Deal with it, and then get back to reeddit.

Yes I'm sure middle aged housewifes loved Blade Runner 2049, that's the prime audience.
Also try to use actual arguments next instead of spouting meaningless buzzwords.

>tips fedora

>middle aged housewives
You're not even trying now

I think part of it is people just hating on Leto, if it was Bowie or someone like Sir Ian Mckellan in his role with the same lines it would probably be praised as the best character

Not that user, but posting names of films in their native titles is pretty fucking retarded and highly pretentious, especially Asian titles that you probably had to copy paste just to make it seem more "patrician"

Make a functioning Rachel would mean be an actual Tyrell.
If you were neurotypical you could get it.

>especially Asian titles
>not knowing such an easily famous movie as Help from India
You seem so insecure by being defensive, that's the worst part, man.

>>half the movie is a remake of her
That's the best part, the most genuinely engaging romantic relationship of recent times.

>>harrison ford only shows up near the very end
And that's bad why?

>>still doesnt answer the giant question if deckard is human or not
And that's bad why?

>>super unresolved ending with some replicant uprising about to happen and jared leto still alive and in charge
And that's bad why?

Does every single sub plot and side character have to have full on-screen closure for you to be happy with a film?

Everything in my top 25
1. Dead Man's Letters (1986, Lopushansky)
2. A Man Escaped (1956, Bresson)
3. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
4. Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980, Fassbinder)
5. Closely Watched Trains (1966, Menzel)
6. The Great White Silence (1924, Ponting)
7. Syndromes and a Century (2006, Weerasethakul)
8. My Night at Maud's (1969, Rohmer)
9. The Color of Pomegranates (1968, Parajanov)
10. Lucky Star (1929, Borzage)
11. Markéta Lazarová (1967, Vláčil)
12. The Virgin Spring (1960, Bergman)
13. A Page of Madness (1926, Kinugasa)
14. The New Land (1972, Troell)
15. Evolution of a Filipino Family (2004, Diaz)
16. Days of Heaven (1978, Malick)
17. Distant Voices, Still Lives (1988, Davies)
18. Cold Water (1994, Assayas)
19. Bad Blood (1986, Carax)
20. Les Vampires (1915, Feuillade)
21. Viridiana (1961, Buñuel)
22. Orphée (1950, Cocteau)
23. Eden and After (1970, Robbe-Grillet)
24. The Goddess (1934, Yonggang)
25. A Short Film About Killing (1988, Kieślowski)

How about you?

the movie feels like a giant set up for another sequel which im sure wont happen. why was this movie even made

I dont think he was meant to be a pure evil villian more of an antagonist

If your looking at a movie in terms of pure good and evil, hero & villain dichotomies your doing it wrong.

>Housewives
They find it boring and walk out try again

To further expand on the narrative of original and to save the current creatively degenerate state of Hollywood by bringing an actual experience to the cinema.

I thought blade memers were supposed to be pats and not shit posters wtf!?

im not one of those people
and while yes, i do believe the wallace scenes would be much more bearable with someone else in that role, they still wouldnt be good
because this character is badly written, and nobody, not bowie, or mckellen, or gerard depardieu, or 1980s mickey rourke can change that

damn, OP utterly and absolutely BTFO. How will he ever recover?

Is Last House on the Left acknowledged as a remake of The Virgin Spring?

Also: why A Man Escaped?

Im in the theater right now alone. Wish me luck..

dont be fooled by the ushers. its not really penis inspection day, theyre just lying

Where the Blade Runner 2049 CAM rip at, my man?

Any Tarkovsky

Don't do that to yourself my man please. If you are such a basement dwelling autist that simply can't leave his room whatsoever than atleast wait for the bluray torrent to come out and see it then.
There really is no point in watching this film on a camrip

This. Lynch fans are so full of themselves for finding a low hanging fruit.

This. The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more.

Nothing more than a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really.

The worst part however was Deakins "look at me i'm acting!" cinematography. This poor sap has become a parody of himself to appease his internet fans(much like Refn after Drive)

I think you're projecting now.

>3 hour long R rated slow burning visually focused neo-noir sci fi film that deals with the human condition

No matter how many buzzwords you use, the film is still reddit-tier. It's a picture of meat, not meat. It's Facebook, It's millenials, it's the appearance of something that's not there, it's a simulacra of a deep movie.

I didn't use a single buzzword, while you used quite a lot of them.

but how can you do that when all this movie gives you is black and white
there is no gray in this
and even when there are opportunities for something more emotionally complex to happen, the movie just passes them down
like when the rebel lady comes and tells K "you have to kill deckard, before wallace gets to him" and im thinking ok at least if this happens it will give the movie some emotional punch, but ofc i was wrong, because k goes full white on white hero, and not only saves deckard, but also tells him that he will lie to the others and tell them that he killed him(i assume)
just unbelievably bad writing

>leto's edgy meaningless philosocunt babble
>profound
That's it. If someone "loves" this movie they are an irremediable pleb to me for ever. Thanks for the pleb filter villeneubeme

>edgy meaningless philosocunt babble
You could say the same exact thing for half of the monologues of the original.
After all they are both written by the same person.

You have to admit he sounded pretty cool

t. facebook normie

for you, probably BvS

bladerunner II was an 8/10 - no where as original as the original but the depth and skill in execution was better than the original; also the score was 9/10

while I love the original kino, your post is completely irrelevant since we are discussing this normiefest of a movie. If you "absolutely loved" this film I urge you to just go on Facebook and Reddit and pat each other's backs for the intelligence requiered to understand this movie and game of thrones and force awakens and such.

Primer and Upstream color

people do get senile you know, if you eat carbs you'll defintely get stupid as you age

Pretty sure normies don't like the film at all, as the box office is starting to show it.

whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

Is that why it's being praised on pleb normie sites like letterboxd and imdb?

Those sites are really just the minority, especially letterboxd.
Here's a screenshot of the youtube comments of the trailer which represent the actual average normie casual demographic

>he thinks these are normie opinions
>he thinks the droning scenes were "meaningful" instead of forced long silence engineered for this sole purpose
oh boy

>4.3/5
Those are the normalfags just like you

If you genuinely think "boring" is a valid argument you should stop posting altogether.

did I say "boring" you utter cunt?
are you able to distinguish between actual movie pacing vs normie-bait long silent scenes so you could feel enlightened for enduring them? Just go on Facebook, dude.

They are normie opinions youtube is normie central compared to imbd and letterbox
I guess it's hard for your ant like attention span to go past a minute
Don't worry thor comes out next month which I'm sure is much more your taste

Holy shit Villendditors really are the new Nolan drones. This just like when inception came out

>paracetamol

You implied that those atrocious youtube comments reflect on your opinion, so naturally I assumed you thought just like them,
And how are long silent scenes "normie bait" exactly?

Why didn't you say Justice League as well? Are you looking forward to that?
What about star wars 8 too?

I'm just laughing at fuckbois like you that can't pattern recognize and think that if you didn't like this no-substance film then you must surely enjoy marvel capeshit. i'm done arguing with brainlets, fuck off. please just go to /r/movies where you'll find like-minded folks and praise the movie in unison.

i'm done with you cunt, you clearly need an echo chamber filled with "adulting! lol" cunts to validate your opinions, since you still believe in your opinions and consensus reality in general

Sure if youre a redditor

Nice triggered argument faggot. Enjoy thor. Sorry blade runner was too much for you

>I go on Facebook
that's what we read

>ask the braindead user a simple question about his retarded ass previous post
>"ughhhh I'm done with you please go away"
Embarassing.