Describe to me how you felt when this started playing at the end of the new Blade Runner anons

Describe to me how you felt when this started playing at the end of the new Blade Runner anons

youtube.com/watch?v=F51oRsId124

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UgsS3nhRRzQ
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I realized that I am lonely.
And that all women are evil.
I should have married that Thai Ladyboy who really loved me.

I was honestly close to tears.

I don't care what any of the contrarian retards on this site say, this film is a fucking masterpiece.

What video game is this?

Satisfied overall this was amazing

It was pretty nice, one of the high points of the movie.

Member the 80's? I member!

I feel like this one of the few movies I won't feel ashamed going to alone
Should I go for it?

Without a doubt the best part of the movie

...then they went and ruined it by having the most unnecessary scene of all time. should have cut to black right then

like someone ripped fine art from the wall and used it to soak up water beneath a urinel

Yes, counted lots of lone moviegoers when I went

hell yeah man

Yes it's better that way. I can't remember the last time I felt so immersed in a movie.

Pretty much this.

Yeah same here, weird. Universal solo watch movie

>feeling ashamed of going to movies alone
Is this an american thing or something? Who fucking cares?

I actually agree with this

Honestly I and my fiance was openly crying at that point. Couldn't keep it in. While the Tears in Rain monologue is still the best individual moment between the two films, I think 2049 had the best finale and that scene fucked me up. It felt truly earned to play that track, not just a cheap callback.

Film is a near-flawless masterpiece, I've seen it three times already and I almost never watch a movie more than once in theaters because it's too expensive. This is a very strong contender for my favorite movie. It completely gutted me by the end. Villeneuve's magnum opus, and a better movie on the whole than the original.

Completely Morose, I want a fucking screenshot of the final frame of that scene. It's a powerful moment in the film.

I would love to have an edit of pic related to incluDe 9S from NieR Automata and K from 2049

Ending was kinda shit, so I felt disappointed

Imagine being typecast as "pretty former child star who exposes her breasts"

>fiancé
>E
Hah gay.

Edit: I thought you were referring to the Joi hologram scene

During the ending I was satisfied and feeling fairly melancholic, the music in the credits played as I walked out of the theatre through a dark room lit with neon lights running parallel along the floor. After watching Kino it felt like I was a part of Kino, amazing vibe.

agreed.

It was the sequel to Drive we all hoped about and dreamt about but deep down never thought we would get

I shed a couple of tears for K but was happy he had a purpose in life and was more human then I am right now.

Two days later. I still feel so hollow and without my own purpose in life.

seriously this
maybe if you are a teenaged minority whose only refn film you've seen is drive and you love posting wojaks it's good, but anybody with half a brain knows this flick gets irreversibly derailed after he leaves deckard's place

sage

We first see Ryan driving and he is sort of laying back like at the end of Drive.

>tfw you realize Driver's favorite movie was Blade Runner and 2049 is his brain tripping out before death.

>Driver had extended fantasies about a better life and he based one off his favorite movie, then his brain pics that fantasy to play through as he dies
whoa

I felt genuinely satisfied at that moment. Haven't felt like that in quite a while.

REAL HUMAN BEAN

i got a bit of a stiffy looking at a 40 foot high naked Ana

you should always watch Kino alone

>amazingly moving song comes that perfectly concludes the film
>credits
>FUCKING EPIC SONG OH SHIT COMES IN AND RUINS THE MOMENT

fucking hell

>He's even dying from the same gut stab wound

>tfw somebody kills your holographic waifu

I felt like crying because I felt so bad for K. Throughout the beginning of the movie, you get this sense that K doesn't value himself beyond physical survival. He loves his AI girlfriend and that's it. He only starts to care when he thinks he's human so when it turns out he's not, and his AI gf was probably just exercising her code when she was talking to him, I really felt his emotional pain. I was glad he seemed to find peace.

GOD DAMNIT!

fuck, I love whenever Goose shows his power level on film.

>He only starts to care when he thinks he's human
He never thought he was human. He thought he was a replicant that had been born, not made.

Which effectively made him human. All humans are born and as he said "to be born is to have a soul I guess".

It was a great movie, but one thing I didn't get was why did humans hate replicants so much? They aren't violent unless they're commanded to be or provoked, they obey every order their master gives them, and they only take jobs that they're told to take, so it's not like they're taking jobs away from humans. Racism isn't logical, but still, it doesn't make sense in this case.

>being ashamed for going to the movies alone

Comments like this make me feel autistic because I’ve never had a problem going to the movies alone. I also sometimes go to restaurants and eat alone, not often but I do it.

A lot of people seem to think that’s weird but it has never bothered me, I like enjoying movies on my own.

>Why did humans hate replicants so much
>Racism isn't logical
You answered your own question. Many people fear what's different from them. And as we know, fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate.
Also, it wouldn't have been much of a movie if everything was sunshine and rainbows between humans and replicants

Should I see this new one in 3d? It's playing at a more convenient time that standard but I'm usually just sorta meh about that format

3D doesn't add anything.

Humans hate replicants because of the uprisings. People still can’t fully trust them.

I mean, imagine if tomorrow every toaster started exploding regardless of what brand it was or how old it was, they just exploded so they’re all taken off the market. Now imagine a couple of years later they say “We’re making toasters again, these ones won’t explode”. You’d still be pretty cautious and think “Well I still don’t trust those things, I don’t want them near me”

That’s what it’s like for replicants. Some people accept that they’re different and the new models are more obedient but other people still hate them

I don't get the longevity of the nexus 8 and the 2022 plotline.
In the 1982 movie replicants were banned and it was set in 2019.
Why the re-ban

Finally a sci-fi masterpiece...

time to die..

watch this youtu.be/UgsS3nhRRzQ

Thanks

Everyone in the cinena I saw it at felt disappointed. My friend said it was shit and that it didnt compare to the original. I'm still undecided but visually it was really good but I felt like the plot didnt go anywhere. Leto's character was pointless and it could have been cut down at least half an hour. I need to watch it again.

>Racism isn't logical
racism is inherent to human nature. in group preference. stop believing humans are all one world utopian species.

So, is Ks memory real or fake? How did he get that memory if implanting real memories is fake?

Also, this movie ruined my feels. It made me realize just how alone I am. I shunned intimacy believing it would never find me. But now I realize that it is a part of being human. It's wired into us. How can you run from such a thing? I hope one day I can experience a closeness like what K and Joi had. Or deckhard and Rachael.

I'm all fucked up.

The madman did it
lets be honest, blade runner didn't need a sequel and nobody really wanted it but he made it work anyway

I unironically felt that way after seeing it

K's memory was real - It just was never his it was Stellini's, aka the daughter of Deckard and Rachel

For me, I care less about whether Dekcard is a replicant or not. I want K to live. and I want him to be reunited with the Joi he knew, his own copy with the memories that copy had.

Not well since it kept reminding me how alone I was and how I never had anyone like her.

I thought the movie was phenomenal, the only thing that made me go "?" was why would wallace girl(forgot her name but main villainess) and company just leave K when they took Deckard away? Why would you either not take him as well(i mean they were fucking looking for him the whole time) or retire him?

Rather odd how they made these outside of the film where it's probably almost essential to view to understand the backstory.

Yeah I wondered that too, there was no reason to not pop a bullet in his head. Also whats with the lax security at the police station you can just walk in and steal shit from forensics and murder people indescriminatly?

I fantasize now about being a lonely guy living in LA in 2049 and that qt Replicant prostitute takes a liking to me

I'm so lonely

My cold replicant heart gave a tear

Yeah but that girl had a compromised immune system. How could she have been in the orphanage? Also, she even says using real memories is illegal.

Bring your 2D waifu.

Yep.

Just buy a second portion of crab legs.

sad

>racism isn't logical
sweetie

To be honest, should've cut to black as soon instead of showing Bubble girl again.

this

Sounds scary as fuck.

Intimacy never would have found you no matter how hard you looked

Some people are too damaged and twisted to be happy with others

People like you and I

Sup Forums loves this film because it fulfills their every most fantasies
>holo-gf
>be the goose
>think harrison ford is your dad
>robot

don't forget
>wearing cool cyberpunk coat
>flying your flying car
>cool stoic unemotional badass
>double shooting gun
>die doing something meaningful with your life

Did you know that it's possible for people to do things that are illegal?
Whooaaaa!

The other thing I assume it wasn't as dangerous when she was young. Or heck maybe it was all made up to keep her safe from other stuff. I don't know but it isn't necessary to know.

I'm filling a coke bottle up with whiskey and heading alone today to see it for the second time.

Gonna be COMFY. Plus, now that the Normie's have thinned out and will have told their friends "it sucks, don't go. No action or anything!" I'll probably get the theatre to myself. There was under a 1/3 full on opening day here.

>I cried
Why are "men" desperate to showcase their faggotry these days?

I was surprised there were so feel people in the theater tonight

To me this is what Arrival tried to be but failed at. Slowly paced but 10/10 visuals and strong characters and themes

Just go. Fuck people. You won't care when you're old.

>I fly

>hans zimmer

What the fuck? I thought it was Johan Johannson doing the soundtrack. I don't even want to see the movie then

Fugg she was perfect. At the end, she really just needed someone to hold her and tell her that she was loved and it would all be OK in the end.

She thought Goose could be that someone, and hated Joi for being able to win him over in her stead. Even then, she couldn't bring herself to kill him, and left him behind in the hope that he might live.

She was truly the best grill

The immunocompromise story was clearly a ruse to keep others away from her genetic material at a time when she could be killed if the wrong person found out she was a replicant.

So was there anything at all special about K or was he just a regular replicant?

He was just a regular joe who made a very human choice

>Dekcard is a replicant or not

this was answered in the first movie.

This except without the tears. I felt like my life was missing something when it ended

going alone is the preferred experience and even better if the theater is near empty

I got that warm beautiful feeling in my chest that very few films give me.

I liked the red-head prostitute more than Joi

I need a waifu who's toes I can suck

This film was fucking incredible

dude what

almost cried.

would've cried if he put a piece of broken Joi on side of him.

He talking about the charicter Luv, which is not played by this actress

New rule. You are not allowed to call this film a masterpiece without mentioning your age in the post.

I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! THERE WAS A "TEARS IN RAIN" SCENE AD DECKARD USED HIS BLASTER, HOLY SHIT! IT BROKE NEW GROUND!!!

I enjoyed it a little more than my favorite film, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I'm 27.

Masterpiece 28

Ending was reminiscent of a mediocre Rick and Morty feel episode. Complete disgrace to the original Blade Runner. Go see The Florida Project instead.

masterpiece, 37

It's pretty god damned good that's for sure. That was a beautiful way for K to go out. Deckard knowingly asking a replicant, things he used to kill, something along the lines of "you going to be alright?" K lying and telling him to go see his daughter, feeling real snow, then laying down and fading away. One of those "more human than human" type deals. Loved the comparisons of K to a dog, then when K meets Deckard and his dog he asks something like "is it artificial or real?" and Deckard says "Why don't you ask him?"