Sales are down, why aren't you reading the best comic book being published right now, Sup Forums?

Sales are down, why aren't you reading the best comic book being published right now, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwenpool#Backstory
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh, but I am.

/thread.

This one wins for "Things that should be shit but are instead is actually great"

FPBP.

Tell me that this book is safe and will keep coming out for years to come

Fuck off back to webcomics and never fuck out of there ever again.

Sup Forums likes comics?

I want to do things to Gwenpool's mouth.

>He thinks theme park deconstruction is good

What is it like to have such low expectations that putting a frown on Fred Flintstone while he talks about his marriage is supposedly enlightening?

Haha, oh user. Poor sweet deluded user

Go look at the sales figures on comichron.

How can Sup Forums like comics when it doesn't read them?

That's why I was surprised, bro.

Yeah but this is meant to be a smaller book and DC would rather have a book with great reception run despite having bad sales.

Gwenpool is like the opostive, a bad book with better sales, but not much better

It's Didio's favorite book.

can someone link me a mega or something
now i'm curious

It's good but not that good.

You should read Gwenpool instead, is like the Flinstones comic but is actually FUN and SMART.

Also Gwenpool is a 100% cute, that makes it the best comic book lead ever!

Buy them yourself if you love them so much.

>It's Didio's favorite book.
>he will keep it alive no matter the sales

Sup Forums reads comics, but only Marvel and DC.

Citation: This thread.

What's it like to have such a shit taste?

is this bait?

I am. Yaas, Queen!

Probably a false flag.

For some reason I read this in an effeminate voice. Moriarty or something

>yaas king

Ftfy

But I am reading Invisible Republic, user.

So what is there to like about this character? Gwen Stacy really has no connection to Deadpool other than that DP and Spidy are friends.

What does Gwen Stacy have to do with Gwen Poole?

I missed the last story time and now I am sad.

Who name is gwenpool. Isn't she like some AU version of Gwen?

While I like the character and the concept, it's just not that good.

Well I just looked her up and I guess she isn't THE Gwen but her name IS Gwen

>Isn't she like some AU version of Gwen?
No

>GWEN? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME? AAAAARGH

No her name is Gwen Poole. Robbie misunderstood and made the costume as another "pool" type suit.

>So what is there to like about this character?

Nothing, it's like The Last Action Hero but with a nerd grll

Books don't do that any more. I can't imagine they're even conceived like that anymore.

Two years seems to be a healthy run time for a book.

You have no idea how deluded Gwenpool fags are about the book being good, they post ''Uchiha Madara'' levels of pasta

anime artwork, that's the only positive thing out of this turd

Gwenpool's art is bland as fuck but waifufags love it because >CUTE!

She isn't Gwen Stacy. She's a 100% unrelated character named Gwen Poole. The only thing she has is a passing visual resemblance because her design was conceived as a response to silly what-if/fanart of Gwen as DP.

>She isn't Gwen Stacy. She's a 100% unrelated character named Gwen Poole.

She is Gwen Stace, yes in-universe she is a different character, but IRL she was sold as ''Gwen Stacy combined with Deadpool!''

She was even created because of a Gwen Stacy cover, but she ended up being a bland version of her, barely with a backstory because ''muh secret mary sue life'' which is going to end up being dissapointing as fuck

>looks like complete shit action wise

nope. the first artstyle was way better

There's some kind of weird joke inherent to the character where the only reason she was created was to capitalize on the sudden popularity of AU versions of Gwen Stacy dressed as superheroes...but she's not a Gwen Stacy at all, she's just a random girl whose first name happens to be Gwen.

no it isnt seeing batroc more is the best thing in this book

>seeing batroc
That's not the over the top one note villian that we know and love, he would never be a mentor to anyone, let alone a useless teenager because he feels bad for her

>Gwen's "superpower" is outsider knowledge of the Marvel universe as a reader of Marvel comics
So when does she fight Gali and fail to defeat her because she thinks she's not canon? Or better yet have an existential breakdown wondering if she's not canon because a non canon character is in her book?

Red pill me on Gwenpool. What's her story?

Copy pasted from wiki:

Gwendolyn "Gwen" Poole is a fictional character who appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, originating as an amalgam of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool from a variant cover of "Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #2".,[1] one of twenty variant covers published due to the popularity of Spider-Gwen from June 2015.[2]

As a result of the character becoming popular with fans, used as a basis for cosplay, Marvel produced two stories featuring Gwenpool as a character, a backup story in the series "Howard the Duck", and a one-shot "Gwenpool Holiday Special #1".[3] Despite the name "Gwenpool", the character in fact has no relation to either Deadpool or Gwen Stacy. A retcon in the Howard the Duck #1 backup revealed her name to actually be "Gwen Poole", not Gwen Stacy, or even an alternate version of Gwen Stacy. Following the publication of the one-shot, an ongoing series titled The Unbelievable Gwenpool by the same creative team was announced, which started in April 2016.[4]

Through means yet to be revealed, Gwen Poole arrived to the Marvel Universe from what she claims to be "the real world." Unwilling to be an "extra," she went to a tailor for super-heroes and requested her own costume to stand out. The tailor (named Ronnie) complied, but misread Gwen's application form, and thought Gwen went by the alias of "Gwenpool".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwenpool#Backstory

but dammit it looks like him

Is it possible Gwen reminds him of his dead daughter?

Yes, it's unfair to compare it to the mainline books. Thing is, if you compare it to the other Hannah-Barbara books, it's doing like half of those numbers so even by the Hanah-Barabara line's standards it's doing poorly.

I don't think it's at risk of cancellation, but it's definitely not doing good. If the sales stay consistent then that should keep it alive, but if they slump any further then it's probably going to be the first HB book on the chopping block.

Cool falseflag, Gwenpool shitposter.

Yes. Obviously.

possibly but it think its more to do with the fact that right before he was about to snitch on her she told him about how he's basically just a joke in 'her' world and he just deemed her insane

kek
Merry Christmas, user.

>only Marvel and DC
>implying Sup Forums reads Marvel instead of just reading solicits, clickbait headlines and out-of-context images to get upset by
>implying Sup Forums reads DC instead of just saying it's the best thing ever as an excuse to bitch about Marvel and start console war shitposting
Any Marvel or DC discussion thread will instantly reveal that 90% of the people talking about any given comic haven't actually read the comic. You'll constantly see people talking about things that have been solicited but haven't actually come out yet like they've been out for months because people who don't actually read comics wouldn't know the difference.

Ironically, you'll find more people who actually read comics in the Image, Valiant, Eurocomix, etc. threads even if those threads barely have anyone in them because the shitposters from Sup Forums and Sup Forums (not to mention the cartoonfags) just ignore them. Marvel/DC threads are filled with people who PRETEND to read comics as an excuse to shitpost. Non-Big 2 threads don't have many people in them, but the ones that are usually actually read and care about comics. Hell, I've had better Marvel/DC comic discussion in non-Big 2 threads for that very reason.

>an ongoing series titled The Unbelievable Gwenpool
Isn't it actually "Gwenpool, The Unbelievable"?

>first HB book on the chopping block

Wacky Raceland already got axed m8

And it was selling higher than Flinstones, wasn't it?

>he's basically just a joke in 'her' world and he just deemed her insane

So she insults him, he thinks that she is crazy so he will be his mentor, breaking her out of jail and shit like that and he decides to beome her mentor because... all that?

That's fucking retarded and nothing like Batroc