Its a cgi face scene in a sequel to an old movie episode

>its a cgi face scene in a sequel to an old movie episode

Wtf were they thinking? The entire scene was made worthless due to the fact that they had a terrible cgi'd face that's lips didn't move properly when they spoke.

Whoever was in charge of shipping this film out with this scene in it should be shot.

I'm watching something that is already a fictional experience and you are going to place a character in an instance in which they are confirmed to the audience to be even less real than the rest of the experience already is? Pathetic!

I honestly thought it looked great. Best use of that technology so far

This.

What was Wallace's plan on bringing a copy of her to Deckard?
Even more absurd, how could he miss her correct eye color when he had retina scans of her?

It was all so pointless.

I didnt even realise it was cgi until people told me after the movie. I thought it was a very similar actor

There was none of that weird texture and motion breaking the illusion like with tarquin in TFA

Honestly was the first passible use of face CGI I've seen. Rouge One should take some notes.

/thread
unlike the cgi of tarkin and leia

Was it anywhere near as bad as the cgi faces in r1?

i thought it was well done
go play with your autism spinner

It was deckard saving face

He was blind you dipshit it was a miracle she didn't come out looking like a mashed potato

Holy fuck its no wonder people are praising this film so hard. You guys must literally be blind.

Go watch it again and watch how her mouth moves when she speaks. It was horrible. It hasn't been done well even one time and this time is no exception.

Fuck off normalfag

>Was it anywhere near as bad as the cgi faces in r1?
Lets just say people didnt realise it was even CGI it was that fucking good

they already got your money, they don't care

I was tricked, looked real to me

The mouth was fine the only odd thing was her eyebrows and eyes I thought it mightve been the way the makeup was applied on the actress but never thought cg

kek

This is the first time I've seen someone say the CGI looked bad. A thousand other posts and reviews saying it looked great, but here's one that says it looked bad, so I'll go with your opinion then, OP.

The CGI looked great. kys

Hell no. I was really suprised how well they pulled it off. I thought Rogue One being a star was film that that would be the upper limits of what was possible with the technology, but BR2049 blew it out of the water.

I've only seen the German dub, is it that bad in English?

I want to believe you user but faggots were saying the exact thing about tarkin on here and that looked like something out of a video game cut scene.

was her voice done by another person? it didn't sound like her

i saw it in imax and was looking very closely, honestly it was pretty fucking immaculate
the only problem was the voice sounded nothing like her

Sean Young is credited as Rachael, so I doubt it. She probably did the mocap too if she got that credit.

how could they fuck up the eyes?

Yh tarquin was like a video game compared to this completely different. The lighting lined up perfectly nothing really gave it away looked more like a de aged tony stark in iron man sorta realistic

its on the same exact level as Leia in rogue one.

Rachael has bright red lips that move like a ps2 game. I am astonished that there are so many people in this thread that state they were fooled by it. So much so that I have come to an epiphany about just how retarded people in this board, and perhaps real life in general really are.

I thought it was a similar looking actress maybe with a bit of CG tweaking to make it look more like her, not full CGI Tarkin/Leia.

I'm still inclined to think that's actually what it was and that OP is full of shit.

Also sean young is still fucking alive unlike the dead tarquin actor so they got much better motion capture from her and she is credited

>this triggers the autism spinner

lmao

What? It was the best CGI face I've ever seen. Tarkin looked terrible, Leia looked terrible, Rachel looked nearly perfect.

Leia and tarkin both loomed awful and so many people on here were saying how they couldn't even tell. Were they blind? Retarded? Shills? This doesn't fill me with hope.

>its on the same exact level as Leia in rogue one.
Objectively wrong. Leia was shockingly bad, Rachel was passable.

You know she's alive right? Its a more accurate one like the de aged MCU characters like ant man for example was great. Thats all they had to do not a complete pure CGI face model

I think the biggest differenc between the two was the lighting. Leia was so brightly lit that the flaws were more obvious

Kurt Russell was probably the best de-aging the Marvel ever did. The illusion was kind of broken though because you could hear Kurt's raspier old man voice through his young appearance.

So was carrie fisher and that looked like garbage

This, Peter Cushing was dead and Carrie Fisher was an ancient witch that barely resembled her old self. In both cases they had to do full CGI whereas with Rachel they just had to de-age Sean Young.

Yh but carrie fisher definitely looked AGED the fuck up at the present time due to all the drugs not everyone ages the same way

Cocaine completely annihilated Carrie Fisher's looks, they probably had to do full CGI for Leia in RO. Sean Young doesn't look terrible.

Her eyes are actually brown

No, the resurrection of Michael Douglas circa wall street in Ant Man was the best

She looks like Josuke.

Where do you think those nips stole the look of Josuke from?

It has to be retardation. Anyone with even below average eye sight would see it. Although shilling could explain it. If that is the case the ammount of paid shills on this board is astronomical.

But it wasn't CGI? Villeneuve confirmed it

>Go watch it again and watch how her mouth moves when she speaks

are you autistic? who doesn't look into peoples eyes when they're talking to others

I wasn't Harrison Ford retard i was in a movie theater

what

its an actress in makeup

So all these retards complaining that "her mouth doesn't look right when it moves" really are just retarded?

>being this retarded

sorry for your circumstances

I had come to the same conclusion with people saying "reee you only hate it because no jedi" then i watch it and they have this monk faggot doing jedi shit and talking about the force more than all the other jedi put together.

It looked really really good until she started speaking. There was a bit too much movement in various points of the face for how little she spoke. Nose flaring in particular was neat but used too much. It felt more like they were trying to show off how much control they had over the face instead of reining themselves in to look completely believable. Even with the uncanny valley speaking it was the best I've seen of this kind of CGI before.