I'm watching The Sopranos for the very first time. I've been binge-watching the show and I just finished season 1

I'm watching The Sopranos for the very first time. I've been binge-watching the show and I just finished season 1.

The episode where Christopher Moltisanti invests in a fucking music band was painful. Made me almost quit watching because how bad it fucking was. Talk about a filler episode. Most shows don't have fillers until they've been on the air for a few seasons.

>first season of the greatest show of all time has a few rough spots

You don't deserve this kino.

The stuff involving the rock band is extremely cringe but they are supposed to be bad, right?

I actually like that Hesh was outed ripping off young black musicians for tons of money

Just remember the name of the song.

I dunno, I think it established some important precedents in Christopher and Adriana's relationship.

I figured that it was only shown to illustrate how different the new generation of mobsters were. Tony or Junior would never have done something like that.

I found season 2 to be worse than 1, but 3 was so abruptly good I was like wtf were they doing before???
Stick with it

I honestly, seriously, legitimely dont understand this "sopranos is the best show ever" meme. It was the wire before, is it because Sup Forums came in and what they wanna be is tony?(the wire fucking sucks btw)

This show is fucking stupid, no character is relatable, everyone is a stereotype italian mob guy. What the fuck, Sup Forums? Mad Men was a much better character study than this shit for fucks sake.

You people are seriously plebs or you just enjoy this ironical meme shit too much. Either way, youre worthless and fuck you.

What a fucking pleb

Pretty much this. There's a new generation of gangsters that revere and glorify the mythology of the Mafia as seen in the movies, that actively invest their identity in the commercial fantasy. "A Hit is a Hit" exists to show just how gauche and juvenile that kind of posturing is.

You were born in the 90s right?

obviously it was intentional but i agree still painful, very painful. the defilers

I don't understand any of what you're saying. I mean I understand the words, and the way that they link together in a sentence to produce meaning, but I can't imagine what kind of life you could've led before making this post - to produce this fucking post. Where you're coming from is completely alien to me. And, charitably, I've given you the credit of not assuming that you're trolling. Please elaborate on your points.

WATCH IT

Hope this is bait. Otherwise, you are a clueless, stupid child. Either way, fuck yourself.

>i agree still painful, very painful
Are you fucking retarded cunt?

It's not a good episode, and there are some weaker ones later, but the great episodes of this show are unparalleled to any other series, except The Wire and Mad Men. Stick with it, by the end you'll realize the praise is 100% justified.

What's so bad about it user?

So... A single not-so-good episode is all it takes for you to think about dropping a show? That's weak

Have you ever finished a series? Literally all have at least a few low points

This is pretty low-quality bait.

No, there were a few other bad episodes but this one got me questioning how good the show is. I kept hearing about how this show is the best thing ever and season one was average as fuck.

90s born queer detected.

the scene in the recording studio is fucking hilarious.
>studio engineer is exhausted and dumbfounded at how bad the band is
>the band are acting like they're already worldwide sensations
>christopher wants to finish the session so forces the singer (ex-coke addict) to take coke
>smashes him with the guitar
that whole scene is absolutely priceless. also the singer was a friend of david chase and chase basically told him to write some shit songs that would fit in with a starting band