Rebirth Wonder Woman

what went wrong?

Not muh.

Rucka spent 12+ issues autistically erasing Azzarello's canon and getting the story to the exact point he put it in the fucking Rebirth issue.

Holee shit guy. You petty, slow-ass motherfucker. What a fucking indulgence this run has been so far: we coulda had an actual fucking plot this whole time.

Also, what do you guys think of Rucka turning Dr. Poison into a "Poison" organization?

Doesn't seem to add anything imo, and it's yet ANOTHER weird organization in the book.

And I miss funny Etta.

Sup Forums has more a connection to Azz's run than any other WW run

No. It's mostly post-Crisis fags.

Being a Wonder Woman fan is complete suffering.

You know, i used to laugh at Spideyfags. I'd think "Why don't these people just stop reading about the character if it's so bad", but now i know. Now i fucking know.

I hate Brian Azzarello for this. He made me fall in love with the character, which made me read the the the golden, silver and bronze age runs, and finally the Pre-Nu52 runs, and dear God. There's never a fucking break. The constant dumb twists and change to the supporting cats, the little reboots, the fucking retarded Elseworlds, the SM/WW stupid pairing, the attempts to fix the mistakes by being utterly safe and boring.

It just keeps going on. This last year was a huge roller-coaster of suck. Let's hope that the movies, bad as they are, help give WW some respect through exposure.

RUcka taking too long to move things into place to get a fucking move on with the story

I don't care if he retcons Azz's run, just don't take so damn long to do it

>autistically erasing Azzarello's canon
Are we just pretending the Finch run didn't happen?

>the fucking retarded Elseworlds
Hey, Justice Riders is the shit.

>Rucka spent 12+ issues autistically erasing Azzarello's canon

Are you serious? Is that what happened? Azzarello's run was the only good WW in years. What the fuck?

We are sure as FUCK pretending the Finch run didn't happen.

Bring back Messner-Loebs.

Not only retconned but straight up shat on Azzarello's excellent run. I can deal with rebooting to the classic interpretation but have a little class.

That's why writers should never write their waifus. They go on a full on autistic "not muh" spree and then start retconning everything until it fits their personal fanfiction.

It's also why he went batshit about Cho's covers (which were extremely tame compared to what he usually does). Waifufags are insane.

>We are sure as FUCK pretending the Finch run didn't happen.

Too bad, because everything outside of Rucka's shitty book is taking Finch's changes to Donna and Lobdell's changes to Cassie as canon.

It's like... like.. i don't fucking know. Take Rucka's run. He takes time to retcon everything about Azz's run, but he keeps the SM/WW relationship canon. Like what? Azz's run was the only good characterization Wonder Woman had back then. She was a violent cunt everywhere else. So why erase the good parts of Nu52 and keep the wost?

It's like a big cosmic joke.

Wonder Woman literally became retarded.

>Writers keep constantly retconning characters and stories to fit their personal visions
>Any big changes are undone by someone else that doesn't like it
>Constant big events that shake things up, yet still clinging to status quo

This is why comic books are becoming less and less popular. Most people just don't want to put up with this shit.

I'm seriously considering dropping superhero comics because of this reason. Only started reading 4 years ago, but I'm already tired of this shit.

How do you oldfags put up with it? Is it just a matter of getting used to it?

It's pacing is terrible and telling two different stories each month doesn't help. I was willing to cut it some slack because the rumor is that Rucka wasn't even on the book until the last minute but it's been 12 issues. The origin story sucks and the lies story is snail-paced. I like the sound of the new solicits - reinventing Wondy's rogues and integrating her classic supporting cast - but that was what Rucka should've been writing to begin with. If he had to do away with Azz's run he should've 1) outright pretend it never happened or 2) retcon it away as fast as possible, not spend half a year and counting on that shit.

Because Azz's run is essentially a good Elseworld, and Rucka has little control over books that aren't his.

And, again, Finch torched the Azz canon already.

I started in 2010 or maybe 2008, but Nu52 almost fucking killed my enthusiasm. Luckly there were certain runs like Azz's Wonder Woman and books from other companies, but yeah... i'm getting fucking tired of capecomics. It's one step forward and ten steps back.

This is the perfect summation. I am going to pick it back up for this rogues stuff.

Continuity can be really amazing in the right hands.

>what went wrong?

Butthurt Azzfags bitching about nothing.

Even the most devout Ruckafags are saying they're bored with this run.

Just don't be a characterfag or a continuity slave.

I'm not bored.

Writers should never return to something they wrote well then moved past.

It's disappointing almost every time.

Unbearable decompression
This is worse than anything Bendis has done

You can't deny it has pacing problems.

>Unbearable decompression
Yes
>This is worse than anything Bendis has done
FUCK no
All of the current Bendis books are worse than Rebirth WW.

WTF is happening with her eyes? Who drew this shit? I though we agreed that drawing like this was only acceptable in the 90s

By not being a character or continuity faggot. Just read what you like ignore all else.

Her mind-broke after continuity drug-raped her.

Artist name is right on the page my sweet stupid user

Having that one series you love from a character, and then nothing else measuring up sucks.

>This is worse than anything Bendis has done
It's bad but not that bad. Bendis can spend an entire issue on a single conversation.

I'd say Wonder Woman was fine throughout the golden, silver and bronze age. Azz's took a lot of things from the golden age era.

The problems only started after CoIE. That's when the roller-coaster of suck started.

>silver
Kung-fu depowered WW was awful.

Fuck off. It was great. She was cute and stylish as fuck. And that was more a bronze age kinda of thing.

Anyway, WW shouldn't be as powerful as Superman or have most of his powers. That's what messed everything up.

Reminds me of Waid Flash. Talk about a letdown

She doesn't have even half his powers. She just has generic flying brick powers and magical gear.

She only lacks now heat-vision and cold-breath.

At least i'm glad that Rucka brought back her talking-animal powers.

But Morrison came back for more Batman and Superman, and it was good both times.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't care much for Inc or his Action Comics.

His Action Comics run wasn't that good.

Gerry Conway and Roger Stern returning to Spider-Man were good things, although maybe I'm just thinking it's by comparison to how awful Spider-Man comics these days are.

Hey. At least it's better than The Finch's run. Not that that is saying much.

>All of the current Bendis books are worse than any Rebirth title

FTFY.

It was the art that sucked. Morrison was unlucky that he didn't have a solid longer term artist like Snyder/Capullo or Tomasi/Gleason. Imagine if Aaron Kuder or Chris Burnham drew the whole thing. Would have been GOAT.

I became a WW fan because of the show, then I started reading it and while I enjoyed the beggining of Perez' run and Rucka's original run, I never actually could say I enjoyed her comics overall. The New 52 started and I enjoyed it a lot and for some reason I thought it would actually stick.

At least Azz had fun villains

For starters, that's just a small part of the Silver Age, retard.

And it was pretty good. Not WW, but fun.

Rucka said he gets triggered when an artist draws Wonder Woman with high heels, and then he praises the movie costume.

>SEARS group
>OMG... it's an acronym for ARES!

I think Rucka is writting this for 8 year olds. Or as a 8 year old.

And apparently the next Year One issue will already wrap up the Ares storyline... when nothing really happened. For fucks' sake.

We all suck dick for enough money, user. None of us get to sit on the high horse.

But he said that in the same sentence, in the last Time article

I think he's just that retarded, user

Messner-Loebs best Flash and Wonder Woman writer
he needs a new paycheck

We're talking about a guy that considers himself a lesbian.

Over the years i've found a pattern with Wonder Woman's weird and fucked up portrayals. They haven't changed since the 80's. So every new run is like a Russian-roulette about which one we will get.

There's the childlike Wonder Woman. She's extremely innocent, extremely naive, extremely emotional and culturally retarded.

There's the warhawk Wonder Woman. She's extremely prideful, she's extremely sensitive, she's always angry, she's prone to outbursts and she hates men with a passion.

There's the Lady Macbeth Wonder Woman. She's extremely dedicated to House of El. Her entire goal in life is to follow him everywhere and everything and convince him that he has to rule the world as the king he was meant to be..

Greg Rucka is right now giving us the first one.

What Finch run?

>, the fucking retarded Elseworlds
Like that one where Diana was raised by a society of rapists, killers and slavers?

>what went wrong?

When Diane Nelson signed to be President of DC Comics there began the idiocy of Wonder Woman pants, all the New 52 nonsense and now they try to correct all the mistakes which began with her in the direction of DC

Haven't read it yet, is it really that bad?
Also, am I the only one who likes this outfit? This and DCYou's Batman and Superman designs are some of my all-time favorites.

It's not bad nor good, it's a void

that was the Golden Age

I like it too she doesn't have to be half naked to be sexy

Not, it wasn't. In the golden age they'd best men in combat and take them as husband.

In Azz's run they fucked and then kill them. Then sell the males babies.

God this is scraping the bottom of the barrel for Rucka. It's lazy and sleep inducing.

It was "not muh". That's all it takes.

>bested in combat

literally made up

They ANUALLY captured men and enslaved them for various purposes, most likely for sexual purposes as well (hence "husbands").

So I guess instead of killers (and that's all the New 52 Amazons were) they just were slavers and rapists. Much better.

I'd rather be enslaved by hot amazons than be killed by then after a quickie.

I don't care what you would rather be.
Marston's Amazons were "not muh" either.

So that Themyscira is not only "false", but a literal illusion? I thought they might end up being the Bana-Migdhall, but it seems the entire Island was an illusion and they are "just standing on an empty rock"

That's way shittier than I thought it would be.

Everything about Azz's run was an illusion.

I read some tweets by Rucka and Liam Sharp and they made it sound like they were trying to incorporate both things into one thing

Someone who said they loved the New 52 asked if that meant it would be wiped away or if they should be patient, and he said "be patient".

I don't know how in the fuck this can be an amalgamation of some sort.

I like steve trevor

>"be patient".

Every time someone says this you know it's bullshit. They just want to keep you reading it.

I liked him before Rucka managed to make their relationship worse than SM/WW

The problem with Trevor, at least Nu52/Rebirth Trevor, is that he has no character.

Honestly, Nu52 Trevor is too good for Wonder Woman.

No, seriously. After all the bullshit she pulled on him at the beginning of the Nu52 she doesn't deserve him.

I wanted to see more of Azz' Steve

Just remembered he had some chemistry with Killer Frost

That was fun

I was hoping he'd tap Catwoman in the JLA book myself. They were fun.

The problem is that Morrison is a fantastic writer while Rucka is utter trash.

Someone fill me in on the qt with the scar over her eye.
Between her and the woman running the DEA in Supergirl, I'm developing a taste for women in authoritative positions.

I just realized that while Earth One WW has probably less plot going on than even Rebirth WW has, it's still more interesting and engaging to read, and I don't even like it

>Rucka is utter trash.
Let me stop you right there

Brubaker did the heavy lifting there.

I get it now. Wondyfags hate Azz because he managed to make a better story with a central theme to it by making some changes. And that's true for the best Wonder Woman runs, including Rucka's original run (even if he kept the Amazons pretty much the same, the supporting cast was new and the tone of the book was completely different).

Had he not made the Amazon raids, everyone would love it though, and it wouldn't be wiped away. I didn't mind it, but now I wish it didn't happen.

>>Had he not made the Amazon raids, everyone would love it though, and it wouldn't be wiped away. I didn't mind it, but now I wish it didn't happen.

Or Hippolyta a hypocrite homewrecker that fucked Zeus birthing Wonder Woman.

I have come to the conclusion that most rabid fans would let the Zeus thing slide. They already were. Then issue #7 came out.

That's one thing that is being kept in Rebirth anyway.

In Rebirth Wonder Woman isn't a demigod anymore. She can age outside the island.

Rucka said Johns told him he had to keep one thing. And there's that whole deal with Diana having a twin brother revealed at the end of Darkseid War.

>post 91 Claremont on any X-Men titles
Like, how does someone fall so fucking far.

Don't worry guys, the next Wonder Woman writer that comes along will retcon everything Rucka did and create his own interpretation of Wonder Woman and her supporting cast. It is a vicious never ending cycle of retcons.

Unless it's just a special issue as a throwback or something

Calm down there, son

Even Bendis is capable of creating a hit if he is lucky enough.

Maybe it will actually be good though, so I can enjoy while it lasts

Who should be the next writer?

I'm getting Hydra vibes from that pic.

Does the whole Veronica/Sasha/Godwatch stuff make any sense?

I don't grasp it.