Superhero saves a bunch of people with his powers

>Superhero saves a bunch of people with his powers
>They tell him to fuck off
>They mistreat people with superpowers
>Even when they see that superpowers can fuck them up six ways til Sunday.

How fucking dumb are these assholes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DF6JbNG9zSo
youtube.com/watch?v=2SIzmWolaFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People are just naturally hateful and bigoted.

This may sound fascist, but it angers me whenever I see a civilian or other non powered character shit talking a clearly powerful character. Like, anytime that happens, I want so badly for the super powered character to utterly BTFO the civilian. I don't care if that's evil. They need to learn their place.

>super hero has superpowers but none of them are superhuman durability so you could still feasibly kill them with guns
The real problem is that every hero has become an endless variant of invincible flying brick + energy beams

It doesn't even need to be that combative. All the hero needs to do is not save them the next time they're on fire or a meteor is about to hit or some shit. That'd speak louder to me than just petulantly lashing out.

That's because fanboys are obsessed with power levels, and they want their favorite characters to be competitive.

freaking Marvel civilians, man.

It's to show the hero's moral fiber, that even if the good they do isn't appreciated, they'll still do it.

Good thing Kamen Rider is the hero of the people and protector of mankind.

spiderman can break steal chains with a flex but a bullet is a bullet and even one in the arm almost killed him

I like that about him doing what he does is a real risk to him

I felt like this through all the UN/muh dead innocents crap on CA:Civil War. Not one person who opposed them seemed to have any common sense.

Don't worry, user, you managed to be both fascist AND evil!

Congratulations! It's a christmas miracle!

The writers have to throw away logic so they can shoehorn in their racism/homophobia allegory.

Remember that a squad of guys with guns would have killed Bucky if Cap wasn't there. In the MCU a lot of the heroes could probably be wiped out with drone strikes if it came down to it.

I think the complaint is that those people doing it are playing with fire

Add to it that they most likely hate their lives and actually want the superhero to disintegrate them quickly

It highlights a cultural distinction between religionfags and fedorafags.
Religionfags see acts of altruism and self-sacrifice as admirable and possibly necessary for God/Buddha/enlightenment/etc. and hold people who go out of their way to help or self-sacrifice in high esteem.
Fedorafags don't have a moral framework defined by a culture or institution and view the same acts purely on how they are personally affected, and even then question the motives of the actor because altruism frequently defies common sense, therefore the actor must have a hidden selfish motive for their actions to be logical.

>How fucking dumb are these assholes?
People will piss of dangerous animals in real life to see what would happen.

So someone angering a powerful superbeing wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination.

just ask people in real life who still blame MoS Superman for Zod's invasion. Literally the same people.

to create conflict and a sense of isolation for the characters so they have something to do.

Probably what came along with the hero-saving was immense collateral damage in which we rarely see the heroes taking part in rebuilding.

There are stories where we see the hero being well loved by everyone, and then there are stories where the writers just feel like kicking the heroes into the ground, so when they finally stand up and regain the trust and love of the people, it feels that much better.

I guess. I dunno.

I've never thought people bitching at someone who just saved their kid's life was very realistic, based on my life experiences.

Always walking around on eggshells so as not to piss off the ubermenschs among us would probably breed resentment though.

Well that's a well reasoned argument that no one will challenge.

You don't beat up people in the street because they insult you, retarded manchild.

>treat your overlords nicely or theyll kill you
Whoa I totally agree
This is why I fully support jews and muslims

>Probably what came along with the hero-saving was immense collateral damage in which we rarely see the heroes taking part in rebuilding.

So instead of being mildly inconvenienced and/or temporarily homeless they'd rather die in the most painful way possible via a supervillain's death beams or a natural disaster?

Nobody sees the big fucking picture here.

Edge.

I would like to see a few X-Men just turn on the hurt when ANOTHER mob starts throwing bricks and bottles at them after they've saved the day.

I mean, fucking hell, at some point you just have to cull everyone retarded enough to buy into shit like the Purifiers or The Right.

Being fair, the X-Men haven't been doing much heroing in 616. They've just been squabbling with each other, and then with the Inhumans now over the Terrigen Cloud.

Nobody is actually shown being a superhero anymore.

Marvel expects you to just assume your heroes are doing that between dramas.

I guess the new Champions count since they were shown doing hero stuff.

But the thing with the sex trafficking ring was grossly oversimplified.

While the thing with them fighting thinly-veiled ISIS expies in the Middle East insults everyone's intelligence.

there goes at least half the anime plotlines also
youtube.com/watch?v=DF6JbNG9zSo

To be fair, normal civilians from then on were entirely justified when it came to bitching. From then on it was nothing but heroes fighting each other, way more then they do actual villains.

I feel the same even if I see problems with my view. mostly I think because normal reasoning often does not apply, its not the same as person holding an office,having money or training that will go with time, when they have inborn powers that can destroy many tanks with no need for rest than your only option is talking, its your only weapon and tool so its sad to see it being thrown away on empty antagonism. not saying you should be an ass kisser, just that you should be smart

romantic views of self-sacrifice are a tool made to control people, it leads them to waste the only life they have and most of them don't even get to die happy in their delusion, they turn bitter and are replaced by the next idiot in line

>Probably what came along with the hero-saving was immense collateral damage in which we rarely see the heroes taking part in rebuilding.
but what does it mean really? They should go bitch at the government and curse their lot in life. imagine if during a WW2 bombing someone had saved a school bus full of kids and wash bashed because bombs took out buildings. They should work on making their area safe and they won't need heroes, its different when problems come from space but even in that regard they should notices that they are one a new stage and act accordingly (basically imagine if when Japanese met the black ships they had gone on killing each other and never took interest in international trade or colonization)

Thanks for exemplifying the modern viewpoint that supports the previous poster's hypothesis.

bucky has no superpower. That analogy stops working when someone like magneto or Jean grey can tear up a city. Like if they wanted to see the world brun its really easy for a super powered individual to more around blast everyone and move on to another city. Using gorilla war tactics rather than outright fighting to sidestep overwhelming odds. If i were a flash level speedster and i was going to get fucked abyway my last act would be racing to each and every nuclear power plant disabling all the safeties and causing them to overload.

>bucky has no superpower

he has superhuman strength (enough to jump from like 8 stories and be perfectly fine) and speed had to be running like 60 mph in that tunnel chase) and that's before you get to the metal arm.

>when someone like magneto or Jean grey

the guy I replied to was talking about MCU

prove it wrong. all you are doing is saying that 2 views exist. The dead care not for high esteem of the living while the living who live in self-sacrifice are not comforted by that esteem when the cold nights hit

>the guy I replied to was talking about MCU
wanda maximoff

she got taken out pretty easy by War Machine's sonic weapon. She's definitely not invincible. Consider also that every fight she's been in has been against an opponent within her sight range. We have no idea how good she'd be at fending off attacks from a military weapon system that can shoot her from miles away.

>To be fair, normal civilians from then on were entirely justified when it came to bitching.

They were giving shit to heroes that had nothing to do with it. Johnny storm got mugged outside a club when he had nothing to do with the incident that kicked of Civil War.

>Johnny storm got mugged outside a club when he had nothing to do with the incident that kicked of Civil War.
now you know how those poor Muslims feel

They are writen as dumb ungreatful assholes for the sake of drama, user, would you, or anyone, yell and insult a fireman that just saved you or a family member from a burning building? The aswer, if you are not crazy, is no

Losing your house and/or job is what you consider "mildly inconvenienced"? What if you lose your family during the fight? Or worse yet all of the above? You think they have no right to be mad at that? Becayse you know damn welk if any of those things happened to the heroes themselves they would be going for blood.

I'm not one to defend jackass civilians, but when the heroes are causing massive collateral damage in their fights, something is wrong. It's not like Spider-Man where he causes very little damage, you're defending heroes being reckless and stupid.

>Majority opresses the minority despite the minority being able to overpower the majority
And the world keeps on spinning.

>Losing your house and/or job
people can often starve to death when such things happen on a big scale.
>something is wrong
government is failing them and they are taking it out on superman

>Losing your house and/or job is what you consider "mildly inconvenienced"?

better than being killed faggot

Moving goalposts.

how is that moving a goalpost? Superheroes don't just run around and smash people's cars for sport.

>better than being killed faggot
have fun dying slowly in a refugee camp while your wife has to whore herself for some food

>So instead of being mildly inconvenienced and/or temporarily homeless they'd rather die in the most painful way possible via a supervillain's death beams or a natural disaster?

literally from the post you replied to you dumb nigger

She's probably deep in hiding between CW and IW.

>people can often starve to death when such things happen on a big scale.

That's kinda the point? Even if they did get out alive, they're just going to now die a slow and painful death unless they find some stability soon.

>government is failing them and they are taking it out on Superman

Superman goes out of his fucking way to ensure that there is little collateral damage, and beats himself up constantly for every time he fails to do so. Unless you're talking about MoS Superman, in which the civilians have every right to be mad considering Clark was the one responsible for all of that in the first place.

If you're in a refugee camp there is a greater-than-zero chance that one day you won't be. If you're dead you have no chance.

If you want to see what happens when a superhero has had enough of the bullshit you should check out this comic

>unless they find some stability soon.

As opposed to being 100% dead, not just a possibility, not just likely, but a sure thing.

>muh 0.01%
hell even when people are not in crushing situations like that you can generally project what directions their lives will take. There are points were you are just turning your pro life stance into needless suffering

Im agreeing with you.

And why does that matter when they're just going to die anyway? Why does it matter that one person survive when hundreds, hell possibly thousands, have died? You think that guy shouldn't grieve over the losses, because otherwise he's complaining? Grow the fuck up.

This whole post is just edge and all you did is prove that user right.

Well played fedora.

>Grow the fuck up.

Tell that to the people taking their aggression out on the guy who saved their fucking liives.

Man I hate to tell you but that's really how it would be.
I'm a Paramedic and have been on enough scenes trying to help people and I'm telling you they resist, they fight you. The family of a man shot 5 times literally told me howmuch a piece of shit I am whIle I desperately try to save his life.

People are cruel and petty and do not care about why, but they want a reason to be hateful. And I can only imagine taking my line of work to the superhuman level, combined with the hate and ignorance of the population... people's reaction would be hostile to say the least

Again, saving them from what? If the person loses everything in the process and are just going to die later anyway, they didn't fucking save them, you moron.

>The family of a man shot 5 times literally told me howmuch a piece of shit I am whIle I desperately try to save his life.
Is the plot twist that the family members were the ones who shot him?

Remember that time he caught a homing bullet? Nearly blew him the fuck out then, too.

If 2016 told me anything, this is shamefully true.

Anything short of death can conceivably be overcome or even reversed. Death can't. It's that simple.

>pro life

We're talking about living people, not fetuses.

most people these days don't seem to know how edge is used

>If the person loses everything in the process and are just going to die later anyway

People can and have survived with absolutely nothing. You're intentionally twisting this to make it sound worse than it is.

my mom is a pediatrician, a neighbor came to us at 3 am and asked her to look at the neighbors husband who had been shot. They shit on my mom because ultimately they still had to call an ambulance. The "don't fix a computer for your friends" seems to apply in all aspects of life

2016 was a glorious year, only uneducated and regressive people think otherwise

If your life legitimately is that bad after being saved by a superhero you can just kill yourself anyway. At the very least the superhero gave you a chance to make that choice yourself.

>The dead care not for high esteem of the living
You don't know that.

>the living who live in self-sacrifice are not comforted by that esteem when the cold nights hit
You don't know that, and you probably never will since I highly doubt you have enough empathy or compassion for your fellow man to ever think of anything but your own gratification.

>We're talking about living people, not fetuses.
the thinking is the same.
>conceivably
yes theoretically something with low probability is still possible but that is mostly not the case even in lives of people who are not refugees. There is also the question of the cost, I was not kidding about your wife whoring herself or you doing things that would make you ashamed to look in the mirror, eventually filling your life in never ending unhappiness

Hawkeye took her out no problem in AoU.

Then kill yourself if you don't like it.

Like said, at least you can choose to die instead of it being forced on you.

>being ashamed to look in the mirror

Yeah sounds worse than death alright.

>You don't know that.
have you spoken with the dead or found proof that biological reality that applies to all other animals does not apply to humans?
>You don't know that
I do know that because I used to be the self-sacrificing type

>People can and have survived with absolutely nothing. You're intentionally twisting this to make it sound worse than it is.

As opposed to you twisting it to make it seem like people getting mad is completely unjustified? Again, you're a fucking moron.

>The family of a man shot 5 times literally told me howmuch a piece of shit I am whIle I desperately try to save his life.
That's when you drop them and leave

it does not to you? Being dead is easy.
>at least you can choose to die
have you never heard the line "I did not even have the guts to kill myself"

>It's not like Spider-Man where he causes very little damage
Spider-Man fights guys that can cause a great deal of damage. Guys like Rhino, Electro or Shocker can smash through buildings, cause massive explosions, or bring down whole buildings.

Is it Spider-Man's fault if they do that in the course of him trying to take them down? Obviously they're going to fight back, and not every enemy can be taken down instantly.

Basically how women have treated men since the 60s.

See If the superhero saving you was ACTUALLY worse than death you would have killed yourself. Your argument is self defeating because the fact that you are still around to bitch at the superhero proves you would not rather be dead.

There's literally nothing wrong with being mad that your home or business is destroyed.

The problem lies in throwing that anger at the wrong fucking person.

If you don't have the guts to kill yourself you are in no position to criticize a superhero for not having the guts to let you die.

> Being dead is easy.

People who would rather die are nothing but filthy casuals. Case closed.

>I do know that because I used to be the self-sacrificing type
I don't believe you.

And if that's the case, then you were doing it for the wrong reasons.

Spider-Man is a specific case. For one, no one is on his side, and that is mostly due to a massive propaganda campaign that paints it as the damage actually being his fault. Secondly, he still does everything in his power to make sure no one gets hurt, it's just that no one really knows better. Now most other Marvel heroes are complete jackasses that deserve to get shat upon, but that's also why Spider-Man gets shat upon; the general idea of a "hero" in Marvel is just fucked, so even if he does prove himself as one it means nothing now.

This thread is stupid and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Suck a dick for wasting trips. Fag.

>this entire thread was a thinly veiled characterfag thread

I shouldn't be surprised

>The problem lies in throwing that anger at the wrong fucking person.

What, the one that threw a villain into said building to begin with?

Wasn't there a crossover in which the Justice League was transported to the Marvel Universe, and everyone was so hostile to super-heroes, that all the JL could think off to justify the hatred was that the Marvel heroes didn't do enough for the population?

>>The dead care not for high esteem of the living
>You don't know that.
youtube.com/watch?v=2SIzmWolaFw

>user asks about specific character

>surprised that the answer is about that character

>surprised that the answer is about that character

No I'm surprised that your answer was "Spider-Man is the best and evry1 else sux!!!"

I have no desire to be the victim of the post-human's help, and I never will. The fact that they decide to rescue people without their consent is a violation of human rights. If you expect me to grovel at the presence of a transhuman and lower myself by acknowledging their unnatural existence, then you're sorely mistaken. You're the slave pretending to be free, worshiping inhumane entities, while I see the true corruption that flourishes within the "superhuman" community and have no inclination in associating with these inhuman monstrosities.

t. Lex Luthor

ok lex