Will anything ever top SG-1 ? I'm still suprised why they wouldn't renew it

Will anything ever top SG-1 ? I'm still suprised why they wouldn't renew it

Other urls found in this thread:

stargatecommand.co/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>SGA under BB5

get this shit outta here

It was actually money, the show wasn't cancelled, it just wasn't renewed as they wanted to focus more on SGA since the SG1 story felt "complete", although SG never ends, the universe is fucking infinite, they should've known that.

I finally broke down and read a fanfic that completed SGU's story the other day. Even enjoyed it a bit.

*It was actually making money

The show was definitely canceled. It was reported as such, and if you watch the first episode they wrote after finding out they were done, "Family Ties", bitter jokes about them being canceled are scattered throughout.

>tfw you will never eat yellow blocks with Thor on his homeworld.

It was never cancelled, it just wasn't renewed, Syfy wanted to focus more on the Atlantis arch storyline with the Asurans, they deemed the SG story "complete" since the Ori was basically dead and Earth is basically god tier now(in the Milky way galaxy) atleast

Tbh, the creep power really went insane last episode, they should of kept Earth weak in spacefights like usual, instead of randomly giving them plasma beams that melt Ori ships like chocolate, from there on coming up with a new story was impossible without somehow nerfing Earth.

Out of the way you Wraith fucking shits.

>Ancients died to this

Maybe they should do something other than sitting in that diner.

>Be Ancient
>About to get your successors wiped out from existence and all your progress
>Sit casually and do nothing
>Ori wants to wipe you out
>Sit casually and do nothing
>Get saved several times by Tau'ri & Asgard
>Don't give a kek and just keep eating waffles at the astral diner

>why they wouldn't renew it

They wouldn't renew it because the entire ori arc was so bad that it killed any enjoyment most fans had for the show. Imagine being a fly on the wall for that pitch meeting.

>Well sir, we've finally done it. We've resolved the plot of humanity overcoming aliens pretending to be gods and their brutal tyranny. How do we top this?
>DURR LET'S DO HUMANITY FIGHTING ALIENS PRETENDING TO BE GODS BUT THE ALIENS ARE EVEN MORE POWERFULER

Not even the collapse of Game of Thrones rivals the collapse of stargate.

I want to slap who ever put Discovery next to Space Above and Beyond.

You even made "I believe in you" cry!

Also why is Anubis so fat?

Rick and Morty omitted due to controversy?

They went too deep in the Ori story arch.

Originally SG-1 was about exploring worlds and random shit happening at every world, usually by some Ancient device, that was the fun shit, especially alternate dimensions and realities.

Because he knows that wearing that black cloak over his incorporeal body is slimming, so he can get away with it.

I just got to Season 2 and this is great. It's like X-COM UFO Defense: The Show

It was kind of that. The cool thing about SG for me was the xcom like tech tree advancement. Humanity actually progressed technologically in the show, rather than returning to a stasis after every episode.

Which was ruined by the Ori arc, since instead of progressing past aliens pretending to be gods, the writers decided they couldn't do anything else and invented a new threat. The SG;A team must have gotten all of the writing talent, but that show kind of sucked too.

>General Hammond ordered this destroyed
Worst plot contrivance ever. I wanted more alternate reality shenanigans damnit!

What came first? The Qtinuum diner or the ancients diner?

What made SGA amazing was the random shit happening, usually by them exploring something new in the city, not the wraith or the stupid Asuran storyline.

The Milky way was basically finished after Ori died, they could of expanded the story a bit in the Ori galaxy, especially the connection between Ancients and Ori.

the milky way was finished after the gouald died, the ori came from another galaxy I think.

I don't mind them inventing a new threat for the SG team to face as they enter intergalactic politics. I just dislike the unoriginality of the threat they did face. Instead of the Ori we could have gotten a DS9 level political clusterfuck.

For some reason both SGA and SG1 destroys these devices in a instant instead of expanding the story around them, the Arcturus Reactor from SGA had huge potential but they blew it in a single episode.

Ori came from the Lantean galaxy which they imo is where the story should've gone and explored instead of focusing around muh Prior going to worlds and yelling "HALLOWED ARE THE ORI ALLAH AKBAR".

NID was the political clusterfuck but that lasted only a few episodes.

>How EU border defense should really be like

>when you reach the evolutionary point your dong falls off

They genetically engineered themselves to have no benis.

truly the most advanced race, they finally ended the patriarchy among their kind.

Which N64 game is that

Stargate 64

Quake 2

Is The Expanse really that good?

I downloaded it but couldn't motivate myself to watch it over my 5th SG1 rewatch

It's unique, since it's much "harder" sci-fi than anything currently on the market. I enjoyed it a lot, and it's definitely worth a watch for the first couple episodes to see if you dig it too.

I will never not find it hilarious thats the waffle house from dead like me.

Favorite Hammond quotes?

>Jack, may I share something with you? A vision I had in my sleep last night — distinguished from a dream which is mere sorting and cataloging of the day's events by the subconscious. This was a vision, fresh and clear as an event horizon — the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision, I was on the deck of a vast starship, a bridge of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light from within — this gleaming radiant trinium. I had known this ship. It had in fact been named after me. This was my first return, a reunion with the deepest wellsprings of my being. Wandering about, I was happy that the ship had been immaculately maintained. There had been added a number of additional decks, but in a way it blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the ship's bridge, there came a knock at the hatch. You and Sam were standing there. you were both happy and care-free together, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced — a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were in this moment one. My vision ended. I awoke with a tremendous of optimism and confidence in you and Sam, and your future. That was my vision; it was of you. I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to share it with you. I wish you nothing but the very best, always.

love this guy

>Lexx that low

Can you not

Anyone sign up for the new online platform thing? There's supposed to be prequel things coming out

stargatecommand.co/home

>.co

I liked whenever he wouldn't approve the mission, and then couple minutes later he would.

Aparently mgm are too cheap to buy the .com domain off some fanboy or something.

>STILL NO MMO

I was playing Destiny last night and got really sad it wasn't Stargate branded