Without comparing it to the original (or mentioning how CN currently whores this thing out)...

Without comparing it to the original (or mentioning how CN currently whores this thing out), what exactly about this show doesn't work?

Robin is immature.

Raven plays with my little ponies.

Starfire suffered the worst from the transition from coy humor to zany XD humor.

Cyborg becomes a stereotypical old black grandma one episode. Literally.

Beast Boy lost his appeal by being a little multifaceted to the brainless writing of the show.

I kind of like Trigon though.

>Raven plays with my little ponies

It's been six years. You really need to get over this obsession.

>Cyborg becomes a stereotypical old black grandma one episode. Literally.

>implying that was a bad thing

relies on songs about non-sequitur shit too much. catnip for kids, boring to me. And of course it's not tailor-made for me, I just wonder how much these kids are going to appreciate this show years down the line.

Otherwise, I think this show has its moments.

Comic fags are just mad that this cartoon does much more for the characters than their ugly picture slideshow.

>Raven plays with my little ponies.
>Raven has a humanizing hobby that tends to not detract from the show
You want to bitch about Raven, bring up Legasus or her obsession with old people or her wildly varying intelligence.

It's cartoony and the gags are pretty funny. The art style isn't offensive imo. I like that it's episodic. I like to watch it whenever it's on.

I really liked the time travel joke in the newer girls night out episode.

>Without comparing it to the original
Okay. It's legitimately unfunny and often crass. In addition there are episodes completely built around wildly inappropriate (not just socially but also relative their audience) subjects and references.

There are some funny episodes and gags, but it's like 1 in 8 at best.

I don't know what more you need. It's an unfunny comedy show. There was an episode built around earning equity. Fuck it.

>It's cartoony
IT'S A CARTOON
>and the gags are pretty funny.
?

Sonic Boom does what it tries to do but way better.

There's not really a straight man character on the show. There's no sane person in the house of crazies. They're all crazy on Teen Titans GO. Raven is the closest thing the show has to a straight man but it has been shown that she is just about as zany as the rest of them.

Lack of a straight man to react to the zaniness. I do like TTGO though.

Mediocre at the best times and terrible at the worst of times. I wouldn't even say the WAFFLES episode is the worst (though still terrible) but that damn equity episode or whatever. I'm really sick of their "poke at critical people that dont like the show." It was funny the first couple of times, but now it's just fucking cringey af.

I think the main problem is that the kind of humor it used can only work for so long. If all the best episodes were condensed down into about a season I think it'd actually pretty good overall (even if I do see it as a rape of the old cartoon).

One of the episodes I hated the most was the one whete the Hive team was having a day off and the titans unjustly act like complete assholed to them, and the worst part is that the titans get off scotfree for being dicks. It's like modern spongebob with squidward

There is no consistent straight man. Robin, Raven, and Cyborg have a few episodes where they are the relative straight man until the end . Beast Boy has at least one episode and Starfire has none.

The art style is garbage. The humor is bottom of the barrel and it's overall devoid of any substance or charm.

The jokes sometimes just aren't funny.

Mileage will vary but I'd say at least half of the episode feel absolutely boring. The best episodes are when they go full meta or go 'fuck you' to the critics

at least, it's not a Cartoon Network """""""Original""""""" show.

It's the Family Guy of kid's shows.

At best, it's like a downgraded Justice Friends.

At worst, it's very annoying.

>Without comparing it to the original
It's a spinoff/remake so I will compare it to the original and if you don't like it you can fuck off.

It's not funny. TT wasn't either, most the jokes fell flat. But TT had action and drama going for it. This doesn't. The one thing it's meant to do, it does poorly.

However, I like the designs. They're good adaptations. Except Raven's bangs.

The humor is bad and not funny. I mean when your promo of episode featuring motherfucking BRAIN AND MONSIEUR MALLAH, a.k.a. a brain in the jar and his philosophy-loving, gun-toting communist Gorilla boyfriend and the best joke to put into a promo is Beast Boy calling Brain Brian, you fail at comedy.

They try to have anti-morals yet aim at kids who are too young to understand these lessons are sarcastic and what's worse, they're confusing them with putting actual lessons into the show as well. One episode is teaching kids just because you hate what others are doing to entertain, it doesn't mean you should ruin their work. Another has a moral that smart people are boring and annoying and nobody likes them or that girls are better than boys/ And they target kids who are too young to get which ones are actual morals and which ones are a joke.

Also, every season they do an episode where they go and abandon whatever they're doing to whine about their critics. Like, grow a spine! And, while we're at it, actually learn what are people hating your show. I mean, making an episode about how cartoons shouldn't have to teach a lesson every episode? Who the hell was complaining you don't teach lessons?

I'd probably like it more if it was a bunch of five minute shorts. As it is, well basically this

It's Family Guy for kids disguised as an actually good old show.

The show would honsetly work better if they weren't super heroes. They hardly ever use their powers and they don't even fight super villains anymore. I'd probably like it if it was just 5 original characters.

I apologize for the sheer amount of autism displayed by the replies in this thread, TT fans/TTG haters are spergs.

Anyway, what I find dysfunctional about this show is how every character seems to be the same, Most of them react to a majority of situations the exact same way, and all their personalities are constantly altered to suit the episode's premise. For example, sometimes Robin might be his stern self more reminiscent of the old show, but then other times he'll be just about as silly as his team. For a quick comedy cartoon like TTG you need strongly defined characters to write comedy for. Think about Spongebob and the variety of characters it has in it's cast, each one brings something new to the table and offers a different style of comedy. TTG doesn't have this quality.

Other than that, the comedy is just hit or miss. They have a tendency to drag jokes out far longer than they should, it gets grating.

there's a difference between getting criticism and then having an army of spergs constantly come after your show for not being like another cartoon from like 12 years ago.

TTGo Robin is the best character in both series

Kind of reminds me of Animaniacs. They're zany, wacky, and annoying characters with some damn fine humor sprinkled in.

But at least Animaniacs was funny and clever (Except shit like the hippos.).

>and all their personalities are constantly altered to suit the episode's premise.
I just watched the wrestling episode and it was so bizarre seeing this version of Cyborg be the straightman to the rest of the team. I do indeed wish there was more consistency.

Also the animation was WAY better in Animaniacs.

It's alright but the reactions to criticism are obnoxious.
The Slade episode had me hyped as fuck and instead I got a PSA about how cartoons are only for kids.
Really, the biggest positive of the show is it makes Mr. Enter upset.
I'd watch the entire run of TTG over an episode of Family Guy any day.

As someone who has watched every TTG episode so far,

>their screaming can get legitimately obnoxious at times
>their gross-out humor often leaves out the "humor" part and you have shit like Starfire constantly drinking water from a goldfish bag just because
>they tend to force/reuse some jokes even when it's not funny the first time
>the show is at its absolute worst when it devolves to screaming matches and meme-esque humor
>some episodes are just plain boring and unfunny

Season 4 has been more or less what I said above so far, except for like two episodes.

I don't care that it isn't the old show, and while I do care about the whoring the network does for it, I don't blame the show for that. The issue I have is the comedy really pisses me off. It's absolutely horrible and I've had to deal with people who say jokes like they do out loud and it just makes me want to kill myself whenever I end up hearing some of the show's comedy. It's all fucking retarded.

>I'd watch the entire run of TTG over an episode of Family Guy any day.
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Family Guy may be trash, but it's not THAT trash.
Now the entire run of TTG vs an episode of modern Simpsons?
That's a tough choice.

>watch 164 episodes, or watch 1 episode

Why would that be a tough choice?

The Justice Friends did everything this show did better 15 years earlier.

I totally forgot about how it's basically the new Scooby-Doo and Johnny Test where it's on 24/7 except worse, considering how many marathons it gets for no reason.

No, this is the only rebuttal TTG fans have when someone says the show sucks. I haven't seen legit "WHY ISNT IT LIKE THE OLD SHOW" criticism since around the time the series started. Since then people have had more of a variety on what they hate on it, but it's still always "take off your nostalgia goggles bro you'll love it!".

No.

It's not funny and relies on constant use of "IT'S FOR KIDS=I DON'T NEED TO PUT IN ANY EFFORT!" excuse

Weak humor that tries too hard, crap animation, poor use of cast of assholes to get laughs (Compare the way Edd,Edd n' Eddy used its cast of assholes vs. Teen Titans Go) just results in us wanting to see them suffer, creators too often derail to go on their own personal tirade.

Modern Simpsons is fucking aids, even TTG is better.

But I'd rather not be shackled to watch an entire series of one show versus one episode of a different one.

It could be all the good Simpsons episodes or one episode of Johnny Test, and I'd still pick Johnny Test.

Is this what autism looks like?

it is for kids and they don't need to put any effort into it though. 5 year olds will sit there and watch it for 12 hours straight. isn't that the entire goal of the show??

>isn't that the entire goal of the show??
Then those 5 year olds will grow up, look back at it, and see that it was actually shit.
Kind of like we did with all the forgettable trash that's been on CN for the past 20 years.

Everything good about TTG started and ended with Pie Bros.

They reserve three to five minutes for a song about something they like, whether it's pie or tofu.
I caught an episode earlier today where the titans faced off against Santa, only to have the throwaway hobo character from a previous episode appear and kill Santa with bags of garbage. Then they started singing about beans.
Actually looking back on it that was really funny.

These

This, basically. B:TAS is one of my favorite series of all time. But when Brave And The Bold premiered, I didn't give it shit because it had strong comedic characters and good set-ups and was still capable of writing an emotional scene every once in a while.

So I'm going to keep shitting on TTG because I know that if they put in the same amount of effort and creativity that Brave and the Bold had, it wouldn't be getting nearly as much shit.

I hate it because its ALWAYS on.

>fucking TTG on CN
>Change channel to CN west
>ITS TTG

The only thing that really pisses me off about this show is that Robin never catches a break. You can argue that kids think that's funny but c'mon; we all felt sorry for Squidward and Tom and other characters like that or got frustrated that such characters were just trying to mind their own business or fix problems logically and just got shat on. The only kids who didn't were either complete halfwits or little assholes. Watching Robin go literally insane and start playing with fucking puppets just so he can pretend someone respects him or likes him is just depressing and angering.

Loud and frantic, restless and unfocused, shifts from topic to topic, line to line with zero cohesiveness or only the thinnest of relation to the last, throwing in as many weak jokes or non sequitur songs (or jingles, really) to keep action on screen

It is only engaging sensory functions of your brain, there is not any attempt to make it worth watching to even 10 year olds. It is literally for toddlers, and the few times it DOES require even a mite of cognisance to digest what is being displayed in a fracas of yelling and flashing is when the writers are shitting on delusional retards who still watch it eating up any morsel that CN throws out to fill the void left in their pathetic manchild heart for Teen Titans proper

It doesn't take advantage of making fun of the Titans or DC properties enough for a dinky gag show
>Make Raven and Cyborg not boring sacks of shit yet fall flat into making them actually funny
>Only really good joke with Robin was telling him his parents were waiting for him

>doesn't work
There's nothing about it that "doesn't work" per se.
The writing is rather inconsistent though, episodes are either "11/10 would rewatch ad infinitum" or "meh".
I never pay attention to who writes the episodes, but I assume there's multiple writers and that some of them can't really into gag comedy.

Unfortunately there is a quite vocal minority of autists in the Teen Titans fanbase, and they're excruciatingly mad that GO is a comedy spinoff, instead of season 6 of the old show.

The quantity of pseudointellectualism and pretentiousness is so ridiculous in your post, that I don't fully believe there're enough fedora images out there that would be able to fully contain the amounts of euphoria you had typing it out.

>that greentext
exactly