How would Denis Villeneuve handle a Godzilla movie?

How would Denis Villeneuve handle a Godzilla movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/115373191
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

with gauche hackery

Every time I see this picture I think it's Chris O'Dowd, and every time I'm disappointed

same as Gareth, except even longer establishing shots and maybe less CG choppers in the sky

Gareth cannot seem to handle actors to save his life. I think Villeneuve would provide a better human drama.

Gareth's better with actors than he's given credit for, he just needs to work with a half-decent script for a change.

I don't know. Looks like he might be going down the Neill Blomkamp route. One decent movie and everything afterwards gets progressively worse.

Villeneuve hasn't made a bad movie yet. At worst his movies have been decent.

last I've heard he said he's fed up with studio movies and plans to go indie again, which might be good. although I fucking loved Godzilla

He's talking about Gareth Edwards.

That's actually not a bad idea because we would finally get an actual Godzilla film that deals with the heavy moral implications like all Villeneuve films, not just a big lizard mindlessly destroying a city.

Rogue One was decent

defo better than TFA but it wasn't really Gareth's work, allegedly.

>we would finally get an actual Godzilla film that deals with the heavy moral implications like all Villeneuve films, not just a big lizard mindlessly destroying a city

wouldn't be surprised, either way I agree, I enjoyed it a lot more than TFA.

Now Gareth EVANS...he's one to watch.

Not according to RLM

:^)

you can take Evans, I'll keep watching the skies for choppers.

>implying this is news to anyone on Sup Forums :^)

Denis would handle the best godzilla film of all time very well

it feels like two different movies and the switch happens after Whittaker's character dies

Except Blade Runner is his best movie

>DUDE HEDORAH LMAO

always thought it should be a Cronenberg flick

tell me you guys are just pretending to be retarded

don't worry, we all very impressed with your superior film taste and don't think you're being contrarian just for the sake of it

I was talking about Gareth Edwards.

One of the best. Definitely makes the top 10.

no, I mean the post you were replying to wasn't about Villeneuve you dumb fuck

I'm aware, I misread the posts, fuck me

>Denis Villeneuve
what is the canon pronounciation?

Dennis/Denny
Vill-eh-new/Vill-eh-new-eh-vey

would be happy to, user.

Ahahaha holy fuck Villeneuve drones are literally the cinematic equivalent of children

is he the Nolan of the 2010s?

t. American

His fan base is sure, but Villeneuve himself is watered down Glazer

Easily better than Gareth, but I don't think he'd be able to match Anno with Shin Godzilla. The Eva influence worked way better than I would have imagined

his last name rhymes with nerve

explain

Check it out vimeo.com/115373191
If you've seen all of their movies you'll be able to understand it(barring Blade Runner which was more Deakins)

>Shin Godzilla
Will this get more appreciation from the West in the future? While the Japanese considered it a masterpiece, Western critics thought it was just a good movie.

cool. I think I've only seen Under the Skin (which I really liked)

would you say Nolan is a watered down Mann?

>although I fucking loved Godzilla
Who doesn't, m8?

no, I mean the 2014 one. nowadays shitting on it is the norm.

your pic related is defo my favorite one, though.

Nolan is a cheap imitation of Mann. Mann lets his films stand on their own - movies like Heat, Collateral, and even Miami Vice have plots firmly grounded in reality and built around hallmarks of the action/crime genre which manage to achieve greatness through realism. Nolan adds superficial layers (capeshit crime movie, heist movie with dreams) to his otherwise competent (aside from muddled action sequences) but unremarkable movies.

>nowadays shitting on it is the norm
isn't it kind of warranted?

>nowadays shitting on it is the norm.
because it was shit mate

Are you dumb? You're comparing directors who make completely different types of movies. Nolan enjoys making high concept movies. They're not simply superficial layers because they have grounded elements in them

nah, mate. it's flawed, but solid, pretty much the perfect blend of the spielbegian and john carpenter-like 80's sci-fi throwback BUT without being obnoxious about it like stranger memes was.

I have a feeling people will soon realize this and start appreciating the flick for its merits

Shin Godzilla already exists OP

You're forgetting it completely fails on its human level, which it pushes more than any other Godzilla movie, and most of the monster material is relegated to short spurts in the third act. It has no substance, no sense of fun, and the second act brings the film to a crawl. Only things I can compliment it on are its production value (which is to be expected for something with its budget) and cinematography (which is slightly above average for typical Hollywood fare).

Isn't Nolan still popular?