Let's get real for a second

He wasn't really that good a Joker. The portrayal was way too dark and edgy, and didn't have any of the fun the character is supposed to have. He's only """popular""" among virtue signallers, because he was a gay cowboy that killed himself.

Jack Nicholson was better.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(character)#Origins
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqWXAK-pAdA&ved=0ahUKEwiB98zQg-DWAhVGLSYKHVKDDO0QtwIIKjAB&usg=AOvVaw36wUy_e3dq-NBAAIo2dtEr
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqWXAK-pAdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>edgy
Hi reddirt

He has moments of fun, like when he dresses up as a nurse and does the whole hand sanitizer thing.

But I know what you mean. I like the performance, but it needed a little less seriousness. At times he's just too stoic. Needs a little more of that flamboyant charisma Nicholson had.

Still, great performance. Nothing tops what he does during the interrogation scene.

Jack Nicholson Joker >= Heath Ledger Joker >>>>>>>>> Jay Leno Joker

>Too edgy
Define edgy, guy.
>No fun
Did you not see the pencil trick or him mocking his henchman who got tazed by Batman's suit? He's actually pretty funny if you don't have your contrarian goggles in.

Basically, Fuck out of here, dickhead.

>The portrayal was way too dark and edgy

Here's an unrelated pic of the actual joker with his own cutoff face stapled back to his skull

JRJR?

>Needs a little more of that flamboyant charisma Nicholson had.
you don't want to go there, faggot. Nicholson's Joker was literally a fucking clown on speed.

I think you have a problem with the writing of his character, not the performance itself. Much like the Heath Ledger Joker haters actually hate how his character is written, but blame it on the "performance" which is objectively very good.
Considering how the character was written, Ledger has done that and much more. Can't think of a single other actor who could've executed it better.

His performance carried that otherwise mediocre emo capeshit movie

The whole series was darker. Your grandpa probably thinks tim burtons batman was too dark because he grew up with the adam west version.

Yeah i definitely agree that hes only popular because he killed himself.
Like how when mj died everyone came out calling him the king of pop and how they never thought he was a pedophile

this

Yes, this. I wasn't allowed to watch the "dark" Batman because it was too "dark".

The Actor and the Acting is 12/10 .... almost better than marlon brando in the godfather.

Too bad the lines and the script was written by a Fedora-wearer

Yeah I think so.

The Joker is a muderous monster and always has been. He is not meant to be a "fun" character in any way. Also OP is a raging, cocksucking fag.

Retards. Retards everywhere.
Michael Jackson was known as the King of Pop for decades before he died. Also, many people always defended him and said they didn't think he was a pedo (even though he was). You are just too young to know any of this.

DUDE I TOO LIKE JACK NICKELEDSON AS WELL BECAUSE HES JUST LIKE ME. JUST A COOL DUDE LOOKIN TO HAVE ONE HELL UVA GROOVY TIME

You could replace Jack Nicholson with Heath Ledger and your shitty post would still be just as shit.

Oh my sweet reddirt

>muh comic book joker

>(((even though he was)))

In my opinion the Nolan version of the Joker was less dark than the original, and the original was so good because of how dark and sad he was. The original Joker was a failed comedian living in the slums who got suckered into leading a mob hit and knocked into a vat of chemicals by Batman, staining his skin white. I forget what happened to his wife, but I'm pretty sure she either died or was kidnapped by the mafia. After he realizes just how hard he's been fucked in life he goes insane and starts blowing shit up and seeking vengeance on the mafia. His crazy antics and random killings are all revenge on the city that ruined him. Take this version to the "xD I just do things" man and the comic version wins every time imo.

Yes. He showed little range, merely smacking his lips and varying his tone of voice to portray the character. Not impressive at all.

He is well remembered because he died, not because the performance was 10/10

Then why did everyone like his performance even before he died?

You are going to blow their tiny minds with this kind of talk, bro.

That's one possible Joker backstory from a comic made decades after his creation.
There is no "original" Joker backstory.

>Hello there beautiful
>implying it's not the best Joker's joke

a fun joker wouldnt make sense in bales no fun universe

Name one other Joker origin story from the comics. Cite it. We'll wait.

If you don't like reddit, fuck off. we're here to stay, bitch like it or not

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(character)#Origins
Fuck you.

Kek
Seriously, that bitch is straight up busted.

Dammit. Where would you like to fuck me? In the ass or in the mouth?

Busted chicks can still be a great lay.

That's a shame

Have you seen The Deuce yet? Shes horrorfying.. although appears to give wicked good blowjobs, so you may be onto something

I know a sexy woman when I see one. And I'm old enough to know they don't need to be pretty to be sexy. And The Deuce is a very good show and Maggie is very good in it.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqWXAK-pAdA&ved=0ahUKEwiB98zQg-DWAhVGLSYKHVKDDO0QtwIIKjAB&usg=AOvVaw36wUy_e3dq-NBAAIo2dtEr

Kek

Not even sure what you believe this proves.

>"Hello, beautiful"
what did he mean by this?

There are different variations of Joker for the different ages of comics. Jack did a great job portraying a Golden Age Joker. Ledger was a bronze age portrayal.

Nolan’s philosophy is garbage

And his writing is garbage.

Hence the writing of his philosophy is garbage

>virtue signallers
I don't speak tumblr, what does this mean?

bullshit, he was hilarious, the hospital exploding part was hysterical

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqWXAK-pAdA

Fucking phone controls.

>eats the garnish cherry and throws away the shrimp
>dumps the champagne and drinks an empty glass
>does a funny little dance when the explosives dont go off
>sticks his head out the window like a dog after escaping the station
>wantonly kicks batman with no real purpose when the dogs attack him

idk seemed like he had a bit of fun

Don't forget his fun magic trick.

>The portrayal was way too dark
This criticism holds just as much merit as people who say a movie or character is good solely because they're dark.

>didn't have any of the fun the character is supposed to have
He literally dressed up as a female nurse, along with a lot of other off and iffy stuff probably mentioned by the rest of this thread. Any more than that and he would have clashed with the tone of the rest of the movie.

>He's only """popular""" among virtue signallers, because he was a gay cowboy that killed himself
This is where you dropped yourself to 2/10 though. Next time lay off the meme quotes and ex-nay off the 'muh leftism' before 2012-2013 or so. For the record, It's perfectly believable that some people might not like this movie or his portrayal of the character,but if you do, I hope this stale bait isn't representative of your opinions.

honestly this, they're much better at discussion too.

Clown prince doesn't work with the rest of the film.

>virtue signal
so i can look forward to this being the new phrase that's fucking everywhere on the internet yes? it's always something.

atleast you're all too self conscious to ever really engage with normal people in real life.

It wasn´t a good Joker because Nolan´s Batman failed on conceptual levels. DC movies doesn´t seem to understand the importance of the environments for their characters.

Both Batman and the Joker can only be nailed if they first depict Gotham right. Gotham is the archetype of run down noir city while Metropolis is the archtype of progress and future... by going for a more... "realistic" version the characters stop working.

The Joker and Bats only work as an expresion of Gotham´s madness (the comic Gotham is more akin to Sin City than to a real city.)
They are a set. The hard cop noir taken to the extreme on one side and the dadaist madness and violence of crime on the other.

So far the movies have been unable to deliver that... only Batman: the animated series, animated movies like "under the reed hood" or "mask of the phantom" and the Arkham games actually nail the characters and their world so... so far i would say the Joker is Mark Hamill.

That phrase has been around for years.

>He wasn't really that good a Joker.
Wrong
The portrayal was way too dark and edgy, and didn't have any of the fun the character is
supposed to have.
There are many different types of portrayals of the character, this was just one of them.
>He's only """popular""" among virtue signallers, because he was a gay cowboy that killed himself.
Okay so are you trolling or what?
>Jack Nicholson was better.
Both were great desu

Luckily I don't have to worry about bullshit right-left nonsense, or virtue signalling, or alt-right, or SJWs or any of this meme nonsense when dealing with my friends, family, or co-workers in real life. I don't live in a retarded place.