Tfw JOIs death bothers you more than any other character from a movie this year so far

tfw JOIs death bothers you more than any other character from a movie this year so far

its a movie.
I think what really bothers you is the fact that you will never get with the real person.

It didn't bother me at all, it was super fucking predictable and she didn't even really have a character other than "im worried about you K"

Jerk-Off Instruction's death is legit the one that hit me the most all year.

my favorite part is when the giant ad hologram joi calls him joe

like holy shit

shot through the heart

Why is that man holding a penis?

its a pen-is

I doubt Blade Runner 2049 belongs to the movie category. If anything it'd be more fitting as a Kino or at least a Cinerama.

>the absolute state of nu-males

>tfw K accepts he was never real
>tfw K accepts Joi was never real
>tfw everything comes tumbling down

This is a bad post

>I love you

This was also my favourite scene. All you see on his face is a want and need for vengeance. He was all mopey and sad at JOI's death but then everything he knew and loved is suddenly shattered.

your life is a lot worse im sure about that.

What bothers me is I will never get with A real person and Joi doesn't exist yet.

stop projecting your humanity onto a fucking hologram programmed to say nice things to anybody that purchases it

I kek'd.

I'm still confused over why K ended up with the daughter's real memory. Am I just a brainlet or what?

he's a decoy. his whole life was a lie

This. When the replicunt pleasure model says Joi doesn't have much going on, it's obvious she meant because Joi wasn't anything more than an AI meant to simulate feelings of "real love" as closely as possible. She may have cared and been concerned for K but that's basically the limits of her programming.

Laugh all you want, this is all she actually was. That's what hits the hardest.

In the movie what did J O I stand for?

QT waifu machines. When?

>tfw through saving deckard and sacrificing his life for a greater cause he became "human"

A real human bean?

Why did he cut all of those women open? Was he looking for babies?

Jerk
Off
Instructor

could he have uploaded her data into one of the replicants? I haven't seen the original blade runner, so I don't know shit about them

Who is this cum devil?

>that moment when K finds out he wasn't the child and the look on his face
>that moment when you realize JOI never loved K and her "love" for him was just programming

this movie fucked me up...

Jerk off instruction?

this and the real daughter was working in that memory facility by then. She created that memory and implanted him with it.

joi was a good routine

k was a good program because he returned to being a good routine

happy ending

how amazing would it have been if that played during the credits

By that era, if you buy a wife AI expecting it to be anything else, you have to be an absolute moron.

My takeaway was that the memory girl secretly wanted Deckard to find her so she implanted real memories of hers into various replicants as well as the fake ones and when K came to visit her and she saw her own memory she cried because she realized she might get her way.

I'm sorry I still totally don't understand, he's a decoy for what? For the daughter? Was it just chance that K happened to be the recipient of the memory? What was the daughter's intent in implanting a real memory? When the daughter said reality-based memories were illegal, am I supposed to think she breaks that rule all the time or just in K's special case?

Luv went too far
taking a man's waifu away is unforgivable

>that moment when you realize humans are just programming

Robin Wright was the best. K should have picked her over a hooker or a hologram.

yes, we are

That's the entire theme of both films. Robots will become so advanced that they'll seem human and if that's the case are they equals. So no one would be a moron if they fall for an AI that mimics human behavior very well

DELETE THIS

Stop projecting YOUR humanity onto an anime guy getting a blow job from his mom

>people think he cared about dying for the replicant cause

he died for love, both to avenge Joi and so Deckard can see his daughter

he doesn't give a fucking shit about the replicants

Exactly
Humans aren't really that much more complicated, or special
>muh soul!!!
Lol

She had such a great body holy fuck - that side shot when she gets out of bed.

Why couldn't they just let the good guy win for once?

New Lexi Belle scene?

did Joi become human because she sacrificed her back up to go with K?

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE IT'S NOT FAIR REEEEEEEEEEEE

lol now who's projecting

I don't think the daughter had any real intent when she implanted the memory. It made her happy so she passed it on to one of her works just for keks.

>lol now who's projecting
Well it's clearly not Joi anymore

She knew it was a fake memory so she lies. That's why she was crying. K is only a few years old. The daughter is 30. She's been working for a long time. The horse was planted there and a lot of replicants also share that memory except they never actually reach the orphanage.

The thing is the rebel wanted K to kill Deckard. K became more human by actually defying the order and bringing Deckard to his daughter which was not suppose to happen.

she was too pure for this world

>She knew it was a fake memory so she lies. That's why she was crying
That's retarded. It was clearly her real memory.

>waifu gets killed
>goes on suicide vengeance mission

A man among men

idiot here. what was that shit about the boy replicant being copied over to a girl or some shit? explain to me what that was about

That there was a decoy replicant placed in the records

How would K even know where to find the horse if it was a fake memory?

I really think that they missed a beautiful ending shot with just Deckard entering the building, and K/Joe-no-one standing watching him, while the camera zooms out, after some seconds, K kills himself.

I did not like how peaceful they made his death to be.

because it was in the memory?

>I LOVE Y-
;_;

i think i just missed this, but why the fuck did hooker bot plant a bug on joe? who asked her to do that, and why would they know he was important?

If it makes you feel any better she pretty much knew it was gunna happen, but she figured her death would buy the goose more time to escape and complete his purpose

it was super predictable but it was still kinda sad, her purpose was to love him and thats all she ever did

Did JOI really love K?

>last words are literally "i love you"

Leader of the rebel group of replicants asked her to do something along those lines at the beginning of the scene where her and the other two hookers approach Goose in the courtyard while he's eating

yeah but its irrelevant because we never meet our creator

She was a package waifu made to love whoever bought her and get to know her owner over time.

So yes, she did.

But did she mean them?

When K sees the giant Joi advertisement near the end of the film, she also calls him "Joe" in the same way that his Joi named him.

Something pre-determined or pre-programmed is no less real than something spontaneous

ok, but why would the rebel leader know joe was doing something important and needed to be followed? did she somehow know he had the daughters memories?

Yes, she fucking meant them. It's how she was made to be.

She mentioned that he was the one who killed Bautista, so they figured he was looking for Ford's daughter, or Ford himself

>hurrdurr she was just an AI she can't love

The human brain is just a very complex computer. Love is a mixture of caring and compassion for another entity....for the same reason dogs love their owners

JOI's love was as real as any human love. Her existence was purely to love K

I too love /k/

Isn’t it pretty to think so

no. Deckard did that. The movie is explicit about this with the flashbacks. It explains everything. Deckard was covering her tracks and used K

>physicalist reductionism

the 1950s called they want their metaphysics back

ffs. she didnt implant anything. she was crying because it was her memory. the movie cuts to a flashback of deckard's dialogue saying he covered everything. deckard put the memories in to K and made it look like they were born on the same date and had the same DNA. she is totally uninvolved during all this

Nice retort shitbird

what????? I'm starting to think I didn't understand this movie at all

I couldnt stand it :(

I was born too early bros......

Ana de Armis literally

Literally

Looked perfect in this

Yep, go watch it again. At least your mistake is more understable then thinking that the rebellion was a major plot point and not just something to get K from point A to point B

joi is depicted as a dog
>stay

I thought the anakenzie was perfection

I thought she was Felicity Jones at first

This is what I thought. Weren't all the replicants in hiding implanted with that same memory which drew them there?

>JOI

K thinks the date he finds on the tree is significant when he comes across it again on the carved wooden horse. He types it in the big machine at the station and it comes up with a DNA of a person born at that date. However, when he is going through the date he notices something that he knows is impossible. The same DNA belongs to two people. He chooses to follow the boy to the orphanage because the girl appears deceased. He is following memories he never had at that point because Deckard planted them there.

Anyone else feel like the ending kind of parallels the first? Both Roy and Joe die appreciating their short lives, while Deckard survives with the woman he loves.

Yes, it's why the played the same theme

>joi's sex scene

yeah i loved this parallel. resonated hard. and i've already seen people criticize it as a rehash. we gotta get away from the mentality that callbacks or references to earlier scenes in an ongoing story are somehow a bad thing.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT WHY DON'T SPOILERS WORK ON THE FRONT PAGE THANKS Sup Forums

Why did they bother with Voight-Kampf tests if replicants apparently have their serial numbers printed inside their eyes?