Has anyone seen A Ghost Story? Critics rave that it was one of the best independent films of all time

Has anyone seen A Ghost Story? Critics rave that it was one of the best independent films of all time.

>dude stands around in a sheet staring at shit
>girl eats pie in real time for 8 minutes then pukes
>Hipster tells Ke$ha life is meaningless and everyone's legacy dissapears
>critics: HOLY SHIT, SO PROFOUND

Why do mainstream critics worship the cinematic equivalent of throwing paint on a canvas and calling it art?

It's very lovecraftian you have to be well versed in his literature to understand it

they could have done more with the concept, could have been great. There's literally only 30 minutes of actual material padded out to 90mins

What's Will Oldham like in this? He was absolutely stunning in Old Joy, but I haven't seen him in anything else (other than one of the jackass movies)
What kind of films do you like? You seem very cynical, I think you made up your mind about his film beef retouch ever watched it

They talked about this on npr so I know it's shit. I don't even have to watch it

Is it Lovecraftesque? People have been saying that and me like dat!

Not cynical at all. I actually loved the idea, just thought it was mishandled. Oldham actually has the most dialogue in this, all delivered in the monologue I spoke of to Kesha. The monologue is delivered really well, but it sounds like something a first year philosophy student would spout off when high on shrooms. I know because I've literally done that back in college. You can look up his monologue on youtube

>girl eats pie in real time for 8 minutes then pukes

kek this along with the ghost killing himself.

only negative was that people obviously walked in ways to avoid the ghost which made the movie look super low budget, which it was.

>but it sounds like something a first year philosophy student would spout off when high on shrooms
Why is this always a criticism. You'll unironically never be this joyous or insightful again.

>Lovecraftesque
Daily reminder that the greatest Lovecraftian work is Bloodborne

It's a bit lovecraftian but it's not saving it from being a boring movie. Critics like it because it's kinda of conceptual, a thing in itself as some might say.

Should really have been much shorter, but I actually enjoyed it. Roonroon eating the pie was my favourite part.

Wow, why do people this pleb even come to Sup Forums?

It was one of my most enjoyed movies of the year, when she moved out it was really moving. The parts like eating the pie or the extended kisssing in bed were a little drawn out even though they had a purpose.

Alright, sorry for assuming you were clinical, we are on Sup Forums after all
I'll check it out when I can see it in decent quality, I won't look at anything on youtube though

I really loved it. That speech scene was the only thing I could have done without. Also like said, those scenes could have been shortened some.

>He was absolutely stunning in Old Joy
Wow, you sound gay. That ugly bald guy has the worst and least realistic scene in the movie. But if you’re as pretentious as your post suggests, you’ll probably like it.

KEK

It completely sets and gives perspective of the rest of the movie though?

Okay, but he says the same shit over and over again in different ways for like 10 minutes. They could have cut it down significantly and the audience still would have gotten the idea

>if you praise something you're gay
Sup Forums is the worst board on Sup Forums

This. The last act is great, the rest is pretentious shit.

>That Beethoven rant
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA