Between Marvel and DC, which universe is safer for the average non-superpowered human?

Between Marvel and DC, which universe is safer for the average non-superpowered human?

You tell me

>marvel
>any random person can accidentally unleash their mutant powers at any time and obliterate you

Superdad is so wholesome

The one that don't get turned upside down every year because of some BEEG event
So neither

This, they're pretty awesome places to live if you're a superhero but citizens lives must be absolute hell

DC, because:

A) the people in general is nicer, they aren't like the assholes in the Marvel universe.
B) the super heroes are nicer and stronger, they make clear they want to save as many lives as possible and consider the ramifications of their powers. They are also more idealistic.
C) no random mutants from nowhere wreacking havok, only threats are from super villains which heroes are used to dealing with.

This is however based upon my view of Justice League. I know there are some darker DC arcs, but heroes like Superman offers a shining beacon of hope. I guess this is why it's so popular to make AUs where he goes bad.

Awesome place to live as a hero? Literally every time you're out stopping petty crime, some psycho wearing a cape and a mask could come up to you and start pulling crazy shit

unless you live in gotham for hub city, the entire rest of the marvel universe seems more dangerous

Gotham would be the exception, agreed. But that's not the fault of the superheroes: it's the fault of the justice system being completely inept.

A city in real life where criminals leave prison or asylum willy nilly would be a shithole, with or without heroes.

This. Though, Marvel might be alright if you didn't live in New York, but the mutant thing kind of negates that.

Obviously, the best option if you live in the DC?Marvel universes is to choose to live in a city without any superheroes in it, since it's somehow only the cities being "protected" by them that are crime ridden hellholes

Honestly I'd just become a cop if I was a superhero, get paid to stop petty criminals who pose absolutely no threat to you and stand back when real shit goes down, it'd be the easiest job ever.

Still, even if you avoid major crime that really doesn't stop from being suddenly attacked by a mutant with a power like... blow your head by thinking about it.

Gonna say DC, because Marvel heroes since the 90s do more destruction than their villains.

>Be Marvel citizen
>Every other person I know gets replaced with trans sexual feminist muslims.
>My cousin in DC gets black and white versions of his girlfriend.

DC because no filthy muties.

>implying DC is a safe place to live when Barry Allen is constantly assfucking the timeline into oblivion

>cousin

Is it that time again?

DC hands down. Don't have to worry about heroes fucking murdering each other every few years over trivial bullshit.

Marvel is safer, but in DC you are allowed to be happy.

Marvel is in no way shape or form safer. Most of DCs villains aside from Batman's gallery don't even really get their jolly's off on killing. They by and large just want to conquer or steal shit.

He did it like one time, we're talking about the comics here buddy.

That's definitely an "accidentally shat myself" face.

>He did it like one time

Newer than sperm.

Marvel citizens are insane and would lynch most superheroes if they had the chance.

"Barry fucking the timeline" is a new meme that started with Flashpoint and became popular with the show. No one said that shit before FP

What other time did this happen besides Flashpoint?

Considering every future has the marvel universe become an absolute shithole, I'll take the DC universe anyday.

>They dont know about the most important DC crisis event.

In Marvel you have to put up with a fuckhuge meta-human population where their 24/7 activity is tantrum's that will annihilate cities constantly.

In DC you have to put up with a somewhat random existence due to the Flash, you could end up suddenly becoming your rich alternate-timeline self, or an autist, or just flip between them once a day.

Probably DC is better overall.

That was Barry giving his life to save everyone else you fucking monster, not him fucking the timeline.

Which is? If you say Crisis on Infinite Crisis, then you have never read it.

>Barry "Live In Misery Or I'll Erase You From History" Allen

>Being selfless

Yeah, saving the multiverse from the Anti-Monitor is no big deal. How about you read more before you spout uneducated points of view?

Pretty sure that user is just trolling at this point because all he's watched is the show and I called him out on it.

Given Marvel's superheroes, they're kind of justified in that. Hell, even in the MCU it would be understandable.

DC is better in every way

The moment Wally West showed up in the 616, common citizens immediately tried to kill him. Having no idea who he was or what he was doing.

>Marvel heroes weirded out by the fact that DC civilians actually liked their heroes

Citizens in Marvel are 100% safe as long as they don't live in New York
DC citizens have several cities to stay away from.

Didn't the Avengers assume that the Flash ruled over Central City like a dictator because there was a Flash Museum. The idea that the public loved the Flash because of his acts of heroism seemed foreign to the Avengers. A reflection that the public of Marvel are insane.

> Citizens in Marvel are 100% safe as long as they don't live in New York

Untrue.

Real world universe, but at least in Marvel and DC the afterlife is real.

*tips*

DC universe is hell.

Imperiex destroyed Topeka

Henshaw and Mongul destroyed Coast City

Black Adam wiped out an entire country.

Chemo was dropped on Bludhaven leaving it a wasteland

Fucking aliens teaming up to come to Earth and wreck shit.

Then a Crisis comes along and you were never born.
Fuck living in the DC Universe.

Well, he WAS trying to break up a lynch mob.

Who is the third? Is Batman in the tree?

Hello other Barry.

>In Marvel you have to put up with a fuckhuge meta-human population where their 24/7 activity is tantrum's that will annihilate cities constantly.

Can someone tell me what is the ratio of powered people to non-powered people in the respective "main timeline" Marvel and DC universes is? Is it 1 in 1,000 or 1 in 10,000?

What comic is it? I've heard of that happening before and I've always wanted to read the full comic.

I would think that DC would ultimately be safer as the heroes, including the "edgy" ones, seem to have their lives a bit more together which means that they can be better at stopping crimes. They're also stronger than their Marvel counterparts, making them better suited to stopping crime.

Though I guess if you stay out of New York in the Marvel universe, you should be able to steer clear of 90% of the weird shit that goes down whereas the weird shit is more spread out across DC.

DC is by far safer. Sure the timeline gets fucked every so often but you'll never actually know or notice yourself.

Shit things with living in Marvel.
>Fuckton of alt realities. Unless your in 616 you're probably going to get Marquis of Death or zombies...
>You happen to get super powers, somehow. Marvel verse 1/5 you're completely grotesque. Either way everyone hates you now. Not so much DC.
>S.H.I.E.L.D rogue branches and staffed by like 60% Hydra
>Marvel more muder crazy villains, demons, aliens.
>"Safe" small town life. Marvel you're so fucked. X-23 alone kills one every 2 months. If you're not slaughtered by some creature or teenager, your town has some secret, cult, curse, chemical in the water, etc. This happens in DC too, but not like Marvel.
>Mooks. Way more henching opportunities in Marvel. So if one of your neighbors ain't dirty muties, skrulls, or a secret hideout. They're probably a henchmen.

This.