Grumpy kids, greedy dreams. This is not what Christmas means

>Grumpy kids, greedy dreams. This is not what Christmas means.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=scP2RX6QwjE
youtube.com/watch?v=4__NWrfejTg
youtu.be/lk5LhR2LzNI
youtube.com/watch?v=uD5pqOsW1PU
youtube.com/watch?v=_uv8Ej4CEoQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm just a toy, I don't claim to be a genius, but there must be more to Christmas...

>tfw Billy has more toys than you

Whos Billy?

I don't know, but he has more toys than me.

I admit I unironically enjoy Veggietales sometimes

WHO CARES!?

I JUST WANT MORE TOYS THAN HIM!

BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT!

Is that Veggie Tales' attempt at making a human?

Fuck it's so weird seeing this for the first time after 20 years. I used to think their cgi was pretty great for the pre-Toy Story days

No, that's a toy.

Buzz-Saw Louie, with a fully functional buzz saw in his hand.

God bless you, Phil Vischer.

>Not enjoying it sincerely all the time.

Why unironically?

Their songs are good, even some of their jokes and stories are pretty solid. Probably the most respected Christian cartoon or TV show too, before their reboot anyway.

I listen to the Phil Vischer podcast occasionally- one time he mentioned that he specifically named the main characters Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato because any other Christian program would give them dumb alliterative names like "Tom the Tomato".

I'm a Christian myself, and it's pretty sad how Christian media in most forms (like cartoons, movies, etc.) usually lacks some quality because the purpose is always to shoehorn in religion as much as possible rather than making something enjoyable, while I think the latter would be a better display for utilizing God-given talents to their fullest.

So what's a Christian like you doing in a place like this? Co is a degenerate place full of delusional young men who want to do sinful acts to their fictional 2D "waifus".

im here for the prophet storytimes, my man

I don't really go on the waifu threads, but I like cartoons and comics and watching people discuss argue violently about them.

Christians aren't supposed to hide away in their own subculture- we're supposed to engage culture (but not become "degenerate" ourselves).

>I listen to the Phil Vischer podcast occasionally-
muh nigga

We had a thread about it here once. It was mostly negative.

Loved this Christmas special growing up. This was always my favorite part. youtube.com/watch?v=scP2RX6QwjE
(best clip I could find)

No.
THIS is Big Idea's attempt to make humans.
3-2-1 Penguins is alright, btw.

Shit, forgot pic.

>prophet

Nice. You can smite me any day.

Why was Veggie Tales so creepily animated? I remember being 5 and thinking something was off and a bit disturbing about the way it looked.

That little girl looks like she grows up to get molested and finds out in college that being a lesbian is okay and she wants to fight social injustice

I will never understand why Veggietales is the go-to thing to parody christian media when it's a gem in a sea of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4__NWrfejTg

Well expose yourself to Sup Forums too much and you'll become a furry

>Mister Nezzer sent three children careening into a ravine with no bridge because they cut into his profit margin

Really? Was it because of Veggietales, or just some random reason?

It started in 1993. All 3D animation was creepy in 1993.

The animation quality improved a lot as time went on- The Jonah Movie looks pretty gorgeous.

Christians are easy to pick on, and Veggietales is the most popular Christian animated show. There you go.

He's not a bad man, he just gets a little confused.

>So what's a Christian like you doing in a place like this? Co is a degenerate place full of delusional young men who want to do sinful acts to their fictional 2D "waifus".
Well Jesus himself would go to places full of degenerates and sinners than he would other Christians. A doctor isn't doing any good if he only sees people who aren't sick.

Wait veggietales had humans sometimes?

This is giving me vague nostalgia.

He sure gets murdery when confused.

My man.
We can't be called to love, only to shut ourselves off from everybody else.

No, he's talking about 3-2-1 Penguins.

no, that's a wooden toy. It has a buzzsaw in its hand, which is actually pretty badass

Actually I think the point of Mr. Nezzer is that at the start of the episode he IS a bad man. But over the course of the show he sees the error of his ways, then, in true Christian fashion, he repents and is subsequently forgiven.

I dunno what you're talking about, Sup Forums is nowadays a huge Christian circlejerk (probably because this site is contrarian and Reddit is full of atheists).

If you bash other religions nobody gives a shit, but if you bash Christianity you will get spammed with 1000 le hat tipping pictures.

I loved the one about the Nebuchadnezzar pickle that loved chocolate bunnies when I was a kid and I didn't realize it was a whole spiel about false idols until I thought about it recently.

I was never a huge fan of the songs but the Wishbone-style "interpret a classic bible story" stuff is pretty cool.

Fucking Wishbone though mane, is Wishbone Sup Forums?

Shut up Bob, no one in the history of man-or-fruitkind has ever genuinely wanted to play Mouse Trap

>tfw Wishbone adapted David & Goliath

The story from the Bible is virtually identical, just with a large golden statue (they actually don't describe what it looks like- it could have been a bunny for all we know) and Jewish exiles in the Babylonian Empire.

BEST VEGGIETALES SONG, GO
youtu.be/lk5LhR2LzNI

I once texted my dad the YouTube link to the hairbrush song. He said it was rather mean-spirited of me.

He's bald.

The Peach took his hairbrush years ago because he didn't use it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uD5pqOsW1PU

Merry Christmas, Sup Forums!

I grew up on it back in the 90s back when the backgrounds were a real eyesore. Even had veggietales bathtub stickers. Larry Boy was the shit, though.

When I stopped listening to Qwerty and left the faith, I figured it was just some small time niche program christians made their kids watch, like Bibleman or The Donut Repair Club. I had no idea it was actually popular until recently.

It was because he said Christians are a persecuted group in the US and that the media is doing a bad job by failing to portray inherent evil as something that exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=_uv8Ej4CEoQ

CEBUUUUUUUUU!

Because most properties in that sea of shit are obscure while Veggie
Tales is relatively recognizable/iconic

>"I'm from the IRS"
>Slams Door
Amazing

That fucking face when Larry slams the door. Priceless.

Not one minute in, Larry gets burgled and is later threatened by a Danish man. Truly, the best Silly Song.

>checkerboard floor
>dark lighting
The toy that takes up most of the image isn't even what terrifies me.