I have faith in you

I have faith in you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QAfo-F8F-WE
youtu.be/RksP2GrmJBA
youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit I forgot how depressing even season 1 could be

It was pretty ballsy of them to air the season 1 finale before the season even aired. It did give the best impression of the series though.

>28-year-old Clay got to fuck 17-year-old Bloberta

I always loved how they started with the finale with God finally receiving the message and looking for Orel.

The world would be a better place if Orel got to exist without Clay not having to exist.

what? when? huh

Bloberta was 17 when she married Clay.

prove it

>Moral Orel Fanon.wikia

she didnt even let me have the courage to bring it up

IF THE LORD WAS ALIVE TODAY WHAT WOULD YOU GET HIM THIS CHRISTMAS

merry christmas

Reminder that Clay is the biggest victim in the series and that everything bad that happens can be traced back to Bloberta and Clay's shitty abusive father.

CIDF is at it again

Socks with him on it

GIVE HIM A TWENTY DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE TO PIZZA JOE'S

Having a shitty life doesn't excuse you from being a shitty person, though

he shot his own son. doesn't get much worse than that.

Hello Clay

everything is traced back to clay killing his mom

>show frequently makes a point to make fun of Christianity and the hypocrites who follow it
>how easily it is misinterpreted for the youth
>basically just makes fun of the people in the bible belt the whole way through
>even the Pastor is portrayed as a sexually frustrated man

>ends with Orel only getting through life and growing up to be happy because his relationship with god
it's still amazing to think how nuanced a show could be
What caused Dino Stamatopoulos to go from parody to how the show ending the way it did?

Which is Clay's father's fault because he left a loaded gun easily accessible for a child.

The gun wasn't even loaded.

If I recall, he was in the middle of a divorce and was incredibly depressed

I don't think the problem show was ever really making fun of christianity so much as it was making fun of the kind of person that thinks they can be shitty six days out of the week but so long as they go to church on sunday they're somehow innately superior and don't have to work on their problems.

clay is still the one who did it

There a gunshot, and Clay was holding the gun. The gun and live rounds were just kept on the mantle right nest to each other.

>Who do I gotta blow to get something as good as Morel Orel Season 3 on TV again?

>Mike Lazzo. Then me. But wash your mouth in between us.

If you read his interviews on the show that was allways his endgame. He wanted to show that religion is a deeply personal connection to god and that the institution of religion, especially when it comes to the bible belt culture, is incredibly flawed. This show is actually incredibly deep and nuanced. My deeply religious mom enjoyed some episodes. While 14 yo edgy me remembers watching the finale and feeling vindicated in my atheism. Now when I rewatch it I see the much more positive light it actually paints of the personal connection to god. The 3 most positively portrayed characters in the series are Orel, Stephanie Putty, and Rev. Putty in the later episodes. These are characters that have in some sense or another abandoned the culture and institutions of the typical bible belt family and forged their own connection to god. It is that over reliance on the culture that "God" supposedly inflicts on the townspeople that leads to misery. But it is not God, but the townspeople conception of god and their role in that creation that creates all the misery.

Cont'd

This is probably best seen in Clay and Coach Stopframe's relationship. They are having a gay affair that is heavily frowned upon by the town. Clay tries to maintain the illusion of being a good god fearing citizen of Moralton and ends up being one of the most miserable pieces of shit to ever be reflected onto the back of a TV screen. But the other half of the relationship, Stopframe, starts the series influx about his relationship with God and Clay. He is torn between doing what he wants (being a satanist/being with clay) versus what is expected (worshipping god/pretending to be straight). This struggle defines the character and it isn't until the finale that we see resolution and a somewhat happy ending for Stopframe. He finally accepts his relationship with god (whether that makes him a christian or satanist isn't thoroughly explored) and abandons both Clay and his preoccupation with passing as straight and ends up being Happier than he ever was throughout the entire series.

> its a "co talks about how actually deep and edgy this show was"

cmon guys there is more to discuss

There's a blurry girl at the end of my nose

>that episode where orel gets a piercing on his dick

I'll just leave this here

youtube.com/watch?v=QAfo-F8F-WE

Stupid sexy nurse Bendy

Post yfw
youtu.be/RksP2GrmJBA

I wish i could be the husband nurse bendy deserved.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ

He craves suffering. Clay makes himself feel more like Jesus by suffering, and like god by incurring suffering on others beneath him. Clay is an empty vessel craving a sense of soul to fill him up, anything to make him as whole and holy as his heroes. He cannot accept the fallibility of man, his own limitations, and as such he lashes out; impotently of course, but a lash nonetheless.

The ending Orel receives is one of the most hopeful rebukes to pure cynicism I have yet seen on film or in television, and still gives me a degree of comfort to this day.

She was a high school graduate, and all her fellow upperclasswomen were already engaged before they finished school. That's why they all shat on her, which led to her seducing Clay.

He craves suffering because being beaten by his abusive father was the only parental attention he could get as a child.

It's weird that everyone would be otherwise happier if Bloberta fucked her dad.

>The moment when she turns on the lights.
>More adulter
>Her fucking prayer
>the condiments, the fucking condiments
>Not you too!
>mfw
Christ in heaven! Of everything in MO, this is the biggest gun in the arsenal.

She doesn't deserve this.

We all do son...we all do...

Atleast she had a happy ending