ITT: Your favorite cartoon Christmas episodes

I love the Krampus episode of American Dad

Other urls found in this thread:

original.livestream.com/drinkinga
youtube.com/watch?v=bMyYNfgGBow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah I liked the songs. Say what you will about Seth shows but the musical numbers aren't shitty honestly.

I like it simply because it didn't rip off the plot of A Christmas Carol or It's a Wonderful life.

Oh my boys. This is still my favorite Christmas episode of any of Seth's shows, but pic related was pretty good too.

Strong point

The pinky and the brain Christmas special was pretty good, at least I remember it being good.

Same show, but the post-apocalyptic rapture American Dad episode is my pick.

I never understood why Haley got raptured, isn't she an athiest?

She was in a church not having sex.

I loved the continuation to both of these this year

Why do Family Guy and American Dad canonically take place in the same universe but have different interpretations of Santa Claus?

Really makes you think

I don't think that this shared universe of Seth shows is something they take very seriously. These are comedy shows with a lot of continuity errors within the episodes themselves, they are not going to go out of their way to make sure everything is consistent in the same way that the MCU is.

Different Jesus interpretations too.

Obviously the shows are actually two parallel dimensions which are similar but not the same (AKA when FG characters show up in AD it's just that universe's version of them and vice versa)

PRAISE SANTA

Yeah, I love this one too.

I'm a sucker for wave survival.

Streaming this in like 20 minutes....
original.livestream.com/drinkinga

I always loved this xmas special. just something about family shit that always gets me.

come to the link, we're going to stream it in 5 minutes, along with a few other of "Our" Childhood movies...

Heads up, it's starting!

I actually like the first Family Guy Christmas Episode

depends. I really appreciate the effort they put into original musical numbers. but the the ones that are just remakes/parodies of other songs just feel cheap and lazy.

I hate onion puck so god damn much.

I haven't seen that'n, but honestly, does anyone else feel like Krampus is overexposed? The first time I ever heard about him was in Venture Bros. Christmas special, where digging up something that obscure felt apropos to the style of the show. Since then, he's appeared in everything from American Dad to Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose to his own horror movie. It reminds me of how SlenderMan started out as an underground internet fable, and now he's just an edgy meme appropriated by middle schoolers.

Yeah, it was just on [adult swim] and it's still the only episodes of Family Guy I know joke-by-joke. What's really impressive is that it doesn't have any cutaway gags aside from the Three Wise Men one, which is still very Christmas-themed.

>SlenderMan started out as an underground internet fable, and now he's just an edgy meme appropriated by middle schoolers.
what's the difference?

Honestly, American Dad may hopelessly mediocre but they own Christmas Specials.

>He turned water into Fiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneee

Yeah I recorded it on my DVR to watch later

About ten years. He used to be obsessed over by twentysomethings, now he's obsessed over by 14 year olds. Maybe not the best comparison, but I just get tired because every time Krampus appears in media, everyone is like "Wait, what the fuck is a Krampus?" and it feels like the writers trying to pretend they're the FIRST to use him in modern days and counting on people's ignorance of pop culture, when really, they probably just saw the same Venture Bros special/read the same Cracked articles as everyone else. Even if most normiefags don't know a Krampus from a crumpet, there should at least be some teenaged/20something character who recognizes them nowadays. It's just this annoying cross-roads of edgy Christmas contrarianism and "Oh, it's obscure, you've probably never heard about it..." that bugs me.

Oh look, it's raining inside.

Krampus was always a well known legend, you were just ignorant.

The Bob's Burgers christmas episode was really good this year

Father Of Bob was my favorite Bob's Burgers Christmas Episode but the one that came out this year is a close second

I made a point to educate myself about Christmas traditions and still only heard about Black Peter. That said, it's still obvious that Venture Bros kicked off the modern day obsession with him.

One of the best Family Guy episodes period
>hey mom, we're out of paper towels
>NO MORE PAPER TOWEEEELLLLLLLSSSSS
>Lois goes on a rampage
>oh wait, here they are

Ehh, Bob's dad is an insufferable asshole, and I am not that into MUH DADDY ISSUES stories.

KISS Saves Santa alone makes it GOAT.

It's definitely better than the Mannequin episode I'll rate them in which I think is best to worst
1.Father
2.Gingerbread
3.Christmas In A Car
4. Mannequin
Did I miss any?

I remember when Marble Hornets and EverymanHybrid were the most popular source of Slender Man Media, now there's bunch of Shitty games and movies that we got when Slender first became popular.

Outside of the "crossover", Family Guy has consistently been shown to be a TV show on American Dad!, and even on Family Guy itself (the episode where Brian becomes a Republican has a cutaway showing Stan watching the episode as it airs).

But really the answer is that they have separate, and very different writing staffs, and the AD! crew didn't want to be hampered by FG's interpretation of Santa.

There was the one with Bob and Gale out in the snow. But Gale episodes suck, so...

also, fuck you, God Rest Ye Marry Mannequins was great

Oh yeah that episode yeah that goes under the Mannequin episode

I would watch the Mannequin one every year so I kind of got tired of it

I love that episode just for the pun title. "Gayle Makin' Bob Sled". I honestly wonder if they started there and reverse-engineered the plot from the title.

One of the best episodes desu. The sex shop was the best part!

Human Error

>human autobots
>sari taking charge
>great jokes
>based soundwave
>guitar duel finale
>weird al

That'd be fantastic if the whole episode was made backwards from a really forced pun.
>It needs to have Bob, Sledding, and Gayle
>Wh-why?
>Because Gayle Makin' Bob Sled
>I.....I don't...
>GAYLEMAKIN' BOB SLED!
>.....okay.
To this day there's atleast one writer on staff that isn't aware it's a play on Jamaican Bobsled, he was just forced to work on this episode and kept his head down out of fear.

>I can't do it anymore!
>Look at me!
>Look at the real me!
>I don't make dreams come true.

I got my first ban cuz of that episode...

But he never appeared in any show at all until after Venture Brothers. And that is not the only interpretation of the guy.

Probably Jingle Jingle Jangle. I like how they have the christian parts of Christmas too

I wish they would just make this an actual special.

Yea Venture Brothers made that holiday special that worked out really well then Adult Swim had Krampus host their Christmas lineup for a couple years. Then Seth McFarland has been running with it too. Basically everyone mildly associated with Adult Swim has been using the guy each and every year.

I think AT's Christmas special is really cozy. Aside from the deepest lore the way they organically brought Christmas back to a setting that didn't have it and it was a really feel-good episode for the villain. I liked the various allusions to Christmas legends and myths and stuff.

Speech at the end is also very lovely.
youtube.com/watch?v=bMyYNfgGBow

My vote goes to, "Christmas Who?" The episode is so charming I watch it every year.

SOME PEOPLE SAY Y'KNOW DEY CAN'T BELIEVE

Low Tiding's Day is amazing
>bad people getting sack'd by Mermen
>that low tiding's play where K'nuckles goes into a berserker rage
>hidey-holes
>k'nuckles one day of being good doesn't save him from getting sack'd
>this persecution of bad people has gone on long enough
>Poseidon invents Christmas

I am going to watch all of these tomorrow morning

Couldn't agree more man

That is one of my favorite Christmas specials too.

I also love The Tick and The Real Ghostbusters's Christmas-themed episodes.