>be smartest kid

still dumb. why?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?0m4134xqn5w44
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I tried to reread this once, but it was too hard. It just feels too real.

you'd best post more so I know what the hell is going on here

Right? What the fuck is happening here?

It's a page from a graphic novel, so I guess it's in the middle of a story.

>graphic novel

Sauce god dammit.

>Rusty Brown-iverse

FUCK NO. I don't want to feel like blowing my brains out this Christmas. I'll appreciate this in February.

that ware comic jimmy corrigan

Jimmy Corrigan, Smartest Kid on Earth

It's a story about feeling like a failure and the mediocrity and lack of meaning in real life. It's bleak, and dry, and aimed at a New Yorker kind of art-lit crowd. I like it, and it made me feel a lot, but it's both a very male story and not designed for broad appeal.

Jimmy Corrigan. Its a masterpiece

>a very male story

What did he mean by this?

Just that I think it's easier to identify with as a man. There's a lot of sexual frustration and impotence themes that didn't resonate as much with the girl who gifted it to me, and the childhood friendship is characterized by a more straightforward cruelty than I would think is familiar to them. Again, this is all opinion and anecdote.

Who's got a download link or torrent?

>zrsp
I don't know why, but that made me chuckle.

I don't like to read Chris Ware.
At times it's like a mirror that's trying to get your to kill yourself.

Fuck, at least I can laugh at Eltingville Club.

Well as a matter of fact, I do:

Chris Ware's Acme Novelty Library (featuring Jimmy Corrigan, Rusty Brown, Lint and other stories):
mediafire.com/?0m4134xqn5w44

well Merry Christmas to you user!

it'll take a while to download with my country speeds but at least I can do so in parts!

Working hard is a skill too. Smart kids don't learn it well enough most of the time. The West idolizes youth and genius. If you look like you have both, people will bend over backwards for you.

>the west idolizes genius

lol

oh is this the thing that MacFarlane ripped off for Stewies design?

Fuck it, let's be depressed this Christmas

Uhmmm...irony? For all you thick capeshit cunts out there.

I learned very specifically NOT to work hard. it didnt pay off, the minimum of effort still got me way ahead of everyone else. On the rare occasion someone got better grades than me, they were stupidly stressed with their workload somehow, and only got a tiny bit beyond my nearly perfect grades.
i learned that no matter what you do, whatever you've worked for, whatever it is, is going to get taken away anyway, so why put effort in?
and it was only later when sudden inexplicable shit happened to me that I realized the value of learning how to work hard: so you can handle the tiny, incredibly rare, life-ruining random events. The skill is worthless and misery-inducing to have the rest of the time, but if you don't get it, you're eventually fucked.

>Women.
>Not understanding childhood cruelty.

Man, chicks are fucking monstrous to each-other.

Boys might tussle for dominance, but girls go for the heart and it's fucking devastating.