Hulk lettered preview

Please, please don't suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/12/08/kate-leth-on-moving-away-from-licensed-comics-because-too-many-cant-actually-be-gay/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>anyone referencing the Hellcat comic after the creator started shit on twitter

I don't get it but okay.

>it's an "idiot pisses off the Hulk because they're an idiot" episode

I liked it better without the red shading around her face.

Oh boy, alternate gimmick covers.

Is this foot fetish

I don't get this cover either.

They're making her an all out muscle girl? Daaamn.

>please like the Inhumans! You don't understand, Perlmutter has our balls in a literal vice and our loved ones locked in a basement! They're EXACTLY THE SAME! Look, see? Here they are in your favorite X-Men covers! Please for the love of god like them!

muh dik

damn you, boner.

It's a reference to the fourth wall breaking stuff from the Byrne run

>put a woman in the main role of a major comic
>hire a left-leaning politically active indie writer for it
>it actually makes sense
>not jerking themselves off in a hundred press releases and comments sections about how bold and brave this is

I want this to be good too OP but it doesn't look that way.

Dropping the She from She Hulk is just dumb

So Jen FINALLY feels like Bruce feels when she hulks out?

I have to say it's a neat change of pace. It's actually amazing Marvel hasn't done this before.

>Jen went from controllable idealized self transformations to classic Hulk rage transformations
>actually adds a new dynamic to it because Jen was content to live her life as Shulkie and hated her own self and now she has to fight herself to not be Shulk
This is probably the most sensible and fruitful title inheritance I've seen recently.

Well yeah. This is her Hulk form, not her She-hulk form.

Why the god damn fuck couldn't Marquez or Immonen draw this book instead of this Tumblr garbage.

This writing makes it real hard for me to enjoy my fetish comic.

>Immonen
They gave him to Slott. He was also with Bendy for his X-Men run.

Nigger should seriously jump ship when that contract is up and either go to DC or Image ... cause: Christ what a waste.

>replace Hulk with an Asian dude
>still not enough PCPoints
>replace Hulk with She-Hulk ... and make her Korean!
I'm assuming that it's just crap art but she legit looks like she could be Silk's older sister here.

I'm glad there's a female book out there which is not just some cutesy dumb stuff, with 30-40 year olds acting like teens.

>Hellcat comic after the creator started shit on twitter

info?

so is shulk going mr fixit? except as a femme fatale? because I would be totally into that as long as it's not gay

They wouldn't let her retcon every character in the comic to be both gay and trans, no seriously, and she threw a huge bitchfit about how shitty marvel is and how they're disney's conservative trump-voting asshole puppets.

No, really.

RIP her career, I guess.

Of course if this isn't just shit you pulled outta your own asshole you'll be able so slap some sauce on that.

No? Really.

Realistically Hulk Jen should be something like 8'4" and just shy of a thousand pounds given the stats on her normal She Hulk transformation.

bleedingcool.com/2016/12/08/kate-leth-on-moving-away-from-licensed-comics-because-too-many-cant-actually-be-gay/

It's branding again. Jane Foster Thor = Thor. Riri Ironheart or whatever = Invincible Iron Man.

Someone said Millar wants Immonen to work with him on a Superman project.

>kill off Bruce
>Basically turn Jen into female Bruce

Normally I'd be OK with more Shulkie but this is just terrible

But Chulk is actually good. They really didn't need to kill of Bruce though

>But you can call me "Flo," especially if that's Chinese, which I think it is.

What? I don't understand what he's saying.

So if you wrote a story with Batman, Robin, and Alfred alone in the batcave, one of them would have to come out as LGBTQAIPRK?

I wonder how jealous Leth is of Bennett, because Bennett has Bombshells, and it sells pretty well and literally everybody in that title isn't straight lol

It makes sense. The writer basically said "She-Hulk books should be fun and wacky and comic-booky. Hulk books are about inner turmoil. This is the latter, so we're calling it 'Hulk'".

>I have to say it's a neat change of pace.
It's just another shallow ploy by modern Marvel to feign diveristy by simply gender-swapping/race-swapping their mainline established characters. She-Hulk's main draw was being the fun Hulk. Being a sexy Hulk. But now she's replacing Brace as "THE Hulk".

>It's actually amazing Marvel hasn't done this before.
Marvel's never been this desperate for ideas until now. You'll slowly start to see what I mean.

>Marvel's never been this desperate for ideas until now.

Do you ever get that feeling that this year it seemed like they're really, really desperate for ideas? Like the main event was Civil War II. And the replacement Iron Men calls to mind Miles Morales and Ock as Spider-Man.

They were officially out of ideas a few years back with that Spider-Men crossover between 616 and Ultimate. Ever since then, they've just been manipulating sales numbers by relying on variants and multiple relaunches. Only this year have they REALLY been scraping the bottom of the barrel by selling batches of Champions #1 to fucking Scholastic of all places, and literally giving away books for free in order to artificially boost their sales.

Just curious, but has anyone in this thread read any books by the Tamakis?

>Sup Forums reading non capeshit

>If that's Chinese food you're carrying, share it with me and we'll be friends.

>want to support shulk
>giving the book the benefit of all my doubts
>still got a bad feeling
Damn. Please don't suck.

Honestly? The Hulk has always been a concept that always made more sense to spread around or subject other characters too. The Hulk conceptually was about introspection, psychoanalysis and a study of Banner's turmoil/emotional state. And simply put, you can only observe a singular person for so long before it's boring, especially in comics where status quo is king. It only makes sense to draw other characters into the fold and see how their minds react in a different way as different people to the same burden Banner carried.

That wasn't actually too bad. I was afraid it would just be an edgefest but from a character writing perspective I guess it would make sense for Jen's transformation to be more like Bruce's when she's dealing with a lot of shit, and if it's executed well could make for interesting storytelling.

Yes. That was great. So was Skim.

She looks very Asian here

In before the artist calls people racist for complaining and draws her like that for the rest of the series out of spite instead of admitting they fucked up.

>tl;dr I love Mahvel and will defend anything they do.

Why was it that She Hulk, Deadpool, Howard the Duck, and The Impossible Man could break the fourth wall?

It's a better use of a life than shitposting everything they do.

this is a good page. the writing isn't standing out but the artist knows some moves

I don't know man.Jen started out as an angry hulk bacause of her daddy issues but mellowed out into the fun skull is we know today.Having trauma make her relapse into an even angrier hulk is actually intriguing and logical

there's no real deepest lore to it. some characters just have comic awareness, the 4th wall equivalent of cosmic awareness, but only when the writer allows it

It makes perfect sense though, what does happen when someone with Hulk powers experiences trauma?
I'm amazed none of the other Gamma characters have had this, the number of times The Leader's been beaten like a rented mule makes you wonder why he doesn't have PTSD powers too.

It's not She-hulk, but it looks pretty good

There's got to be some sort of media manipulation going on with all these bullshit social media tantrums that Marvel is constantly having.
None of this is showing up in the actual comics yet it's getting all this meme controversy/publicity.

No. Freelance writers are immature and completely nuts. Marvel has a slightly lower barrier of entry, while to write at DC or get a series with Image you need to be able to compose yourself and act like a human.

>"act like a human."

Have you ever met a human? They're not a rational species.

Huh, don't we already have a new Jessica Jones comic?

>marvel is only allowed one angry woman at a time

Behave like a professional then.

>marvel is only allowed one angry woman at a time
I fucking wish.

Same. I'm digging this direction but Marvel's been missing a lot more than they're hitting.

Ugh... Don't. Don't make that comparison.
The last time I read a Jones story she crashed a car while applying deodorant.
There's no amount of angry She-Hulk feminism that can make Jen reach that level of low.

You read the post, we're talking about freelance work, there's no actual professionals involved here.

Fuck off

>They wouldn't let her retcon every character in the comic to be both gay and trans
Not "every" just "any". And her argument makes sense - you hire someone who you knows is all about including more LGBTQ characters and then don't let them do this? That's like if they hired Brubaker and didn't let him do any noir, gritty criminal/spy triller stuff.

I thought the containment comics for Marvel's gay and trans stuff were the X-Men books?
What does Hellcat have to do with any of that?

Spidey does it sometimes too.

Comics were so much more fun when all of Marvel was run by pot-heads.

Except Hulk isn't a title. It's the name of Banner's split personality.

Inheriting titles makes sense. Inheriting names doesn't.

That said, She Hulk is a title and changing her title to just Hulk to match her belated cousin's name does make sense.

Modern Spidey's writers are on something.

They just retconned the guy that created a Gwen Stacy clone that can turn into a giant spider with Cyclops's eye beams and unleashed her on Manhattan with the mind of an infant and knocked out and jacked off Peter so he can make Spider babies someday into Ben god damn Reilly.

"Hulk" has been a generic descriptive term ever since Grey Hulk.
And the titles weren't even originally meant to be superhero names proper.
Did you think Banner is also the only one who can use "The Incredible ..."?
They've used the term "a hulk" in lots of comics over the years.

Y'see, right there. That's too much PCP. Pot would have been a much more mellow and fun story.
(now if we can just pry the ecstasy away from Claremont...)

At least that makes sense. With Chulk's being always in control and all that.

I am so on board with this "fuck quirkiness you are the fucking hulk" now, for real.

Yeah, they're generally v. good. Jillian did Supermutant Magic Academy online, don't know if that's still going, too.

A big part of the reason I'm interested in this is I like the hook, it's not trying to be a super friendly super happy no drama comic, but also that I know the writer is good.

>buff, frustrated with hipster glasses
why boner?

>tumblr garbage
>not josei garbage
Step it up, senpai!

Dude, how autistic are you?
That was just about the most "ingratiating social worker" line possible.

She-Hulk its in part because she works at a law firm that represents heroes in civil cases. They actually have a "lore department" who's job is to look through back issues for precedent.

Well, a bad feeling is the intended mood here.
But I see your point. Mental trauma vlcan go horribly wrong as a theme. And seeing Jenny this distraught is very unusual.

Moreover it's become a term identifying their specific, mutagenesis trait. They are all Hulks, Banner has said as much.

More like looks drawn by an Asian.
They like to basically draw themselves white.
Also I think it's supposed to be cold so she narrows her eyes there.

Thus the name. Hulk.

Hulk is a general term for a large floating object, comprised typically of one or more ship hulls, not functioning as a ship. And in a figurative sense for a, unshapely object or creature.
And Marvel referred to their gamma-fueled characters collectively as Hulks before.

I was going to stealthily continue the story here, but these preview pages are from the middle of the comic. I'll start a new thread in a few minutes.

SCANBRO?

There is only one Hulk.

user, there's, like, over a dozen Hulks. Hell, there's half a dozen different Hulks inside Bruce Banner alone.