War for the Planet of the Apes

Why was this movie so negatively received by so many of you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXkpCGwN31Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I saw it and thought it was alright. Idk but somehow watching the originals and knowing how it ends kind of ruined it for me.

I liked it. Wtf are you talking about?

I said by so many of you not all of you.

It's preposterous and I refuse to see such a farce.

> negatively received
What do you mean? All I've heard is praise. My only real complaint with the film is the final scene where the monkeys trek from a snowy area to one with a tropical climate before Caesar succumbs to his injuries.

A lot of people expected it to be more like a war movie instead of The Great Escape with monkeys.

Care to explain why? What's so bad about it?

pandering and predictable, unlike the first remake

hmm... well put

I think he means in ridiculous to believe that monkeys could take over the world. If he had actually seen it, he would have realized that most of humanity were lost to either form of the virus, and that man-kind more or less ended itself with of it being caused by the apes.

>Judging a movie you've never seen.
Never change, Sup Forums.

>mfw he died

Dude. It's a MOVIE.

a fucking avalanche.

It's a movie about talking apes.

>Your son will know his father and what he did for us.
I agree with you, my man. I'm just trying to understand what meant by this.

youtube.com/watch?v=SXkpCGwN31Y

It was a war movie, but the war wasn't between humans and apes - it's between different factions of humans. Caesar was terrified of a conflict throughout the trilogy. It's most evident in the scene where he nearly shoots one of his own because he was so fearful of a human attack.
It's meant to parallel Moses' parting of the seas. Caesar is plotted after the biblical figure, Moses.

not that guy but parallel or not, it threw me out of the movie a bit.
A military force wouldn't rush to get close to a mountain that they just bombed to hell and back like that. It was silly.

Because it was obvious Holocaust propaganda about Jews openly laughing about how they're destroying the goyim and taking over the world

No it wasn't, you're just reading into it too far because you're a retarded Sup Forumsfag

It literally mirrors Moses bringing the Hebrews to the promise land at the end of the movie, you mouthbreathing retard

>It's the big bad Jewz!

Sounds like you're having a tantrum because people disagree with your warped views

No need to feed him (You)s. He's either trolling or too stupid to understand to get the point even if you feed it to him.

the first two were better. 90% of this movie all took place in the same military base and it got kinda stale

Countless movies are allusions to biblical stories, and religious imagery is a dime-a-dozen. You really have to try to read it as Jewish propaganda.

So a Hitler-like figure that rounds up apes in a workcamp with the intent of murdering them while at opposition from his own kind doesn't reflect the Holocaust and WWII? Are you troglodytes typing your dribble from your laptops in a Starbucks by chance?

You mean the US Army colonel? No he's not a Hitler like figure he's just an authoritarian, hardened military man. You could say any character in any movie who is like that could be a "Hitler like figure" you retard. And why does it have to reflect the holocaust? Many people in the Soviet union after WWII were taken prisoner for menial reasons and sent to work camps. Same thing in various other countries. Same thing throughout fucking history. How fucking dumb are you?

Cause there's this one guy here on Sup Forums who keeps shilling it using the same image every fucking time.

You could say the same about how the Japanese treated POWs in WWII. The truth is that you're looking for similarities. Even if it does evoke story elements from history, how is that Jewish propaganda? What makes this trilogy relevant is how we, as an audience, can relate events in the modern era to its meaning. Things like military aggression, conflicting ideologies leading to extremism, etc... is something most people are aware of. I know you're baiting me with you ad hominem, but I'm posting this from a naval base. Spare me your assumptions.

Oh go fuck yourself. You're willingly being retarded. There has never been a single fucking movie made about the Holodomor while liberal fucking Hollywood churns out anti-Nazi bullshit over a 100 times a year. You're a delusional blind retarded ideologue that resorts to spewing vomit to make up for your complete lack of arguments because any worldview that clashes with the reality you've been forcefed from infancy scares you. You're probably some moron that jokes about 9/11 but throws a pathetic conniption when anyone has the audacity to comment about how suspicious somethings regarding it are. You're free to be a fucking retard, just shut the fuck up about it and some pretending to have some semblance of moral superiority because you mindlessly go along with popular opinion and only think about where your duck is going to be by next weekend

See

Damn near every movie will be received negatively by a good chunk of people here on Sup Forums, regardless of quality. That's just the way it goes

Too long and sappy

>first third was a western
>second third was a holocaust film
>final third was a goofy jailbreak film
>each part by itself was OK - but terrible as a single unit

too many hairy negroes

Honestly the weakest of the trilogy
And the """"homages"""" to Apocalypse Now really fucking pissed me off because that's my favorite movie this piece of trash is referencing

Prob because it was shit.

It was boring, had too many humans, and wasn't even about a War. It was a prison escape movie

You truly have no critical thinking skills and it's sad but also a bit scary. I'm glad the white race is dying in America.

I watched it going in blind not knowing what people thought about it and found it to be pretty mediocre. I did enjoy it, but compared to Rise and Dawn it felt pretty nonsensical, and I didn't like how they took the human storyline and made it secondary to Caesar and the apes. I also felt it just didn't make much sense and needed far more exposition into the human side, we needed another human character to follow, like the survivors in San Francisco which the plot abandoned for some reason.

The whole avalanche wiping out a massive blob of soldiers in the end was the ultimate Deus Ex Machina however, it was just pretty stupid and nonsensical of a way to essentially wipe out any competition for the apes so that they could truly take over and become dominant. The whole "reverse evolution" thing makes sense for the Planet of the Apes universe, but again it didn't feel right in this movie itself, it was just somewhat silly, especially the Colonel's character being taken over by it so quickly.

All those criticisms aside I still did enjoy it, looking forward to a sequel with brand new characters in the future with an ape society and whatnot like the original movies.

why did woody's character have the apes build the dumbest looking wall which amounted to essentially a pile of rocks with some bits and pieces of wood hanging out all over the place? So fucking dumb. Also, the whole plot of using apes as forced labor, instead of just fucking killing them all and building a proper wall themselves was so dumb.

Nova wasnt in it

You're being being too obvious with you're facetiousness, user

Thanks for actually answering my question

It starts off with Woody Harrelson going to the monkeys home and trying to kill Caesar. So when Caesar was finally captured, why didn't Harrelson kill him right away?

Also, how did nobody notice a whole group of monkeys with spotlights on them escaping till it was too late?

Ok I was with that last bit but the first part I meant 100%

A lot of scenes did come off as a little obvious in that they were trying to endear the characters to us. Most people have seen the previous movies so there wasn't a huge need to go out of their way to make us empathize with the characters.
Are we having a conversation, or are you going to keep flinging shit? You're saying we're having a conniption because we're being faced with an opinion that goes against what we already believe, but the only thing in your last post that wasn't a personal attack was:
>There has never been a single fucking movie made about the Holodomor while liberal fucking Hollywood churns out anti-Nazi bullshit over a 100 times a year.
It's true that numerous movies involving the event surrounding WWII come out every year, but it's not really related to the film at hand. I'm happy to talk the merits of the movie with you, but there's no point if there won't be an actual discussion.

I see you all give good and bad reasons for and against the movie.

But is nobody going to mention how those retards at the end wasted like 6 Helicopters if not their entire air force?

I am no expert but couldn't those Helicopters pick the enemy troops from afar with their guided missiles and weaponry?

And why even push in with the helis first instead of bombing the shit out of the enemy base (and taking the AA first) ?

I couldn't tell the difference between the chimps so I never felt anything for any of them. I could in the first two though.

It was meant to show that humans are dumb and the apes rightfully deserved to inherit the Earth

That's a pretty fair assessment. It's the weakest of the trio, but they're all solid movies.

What argument is even worth having with people like you? In Neil DeGrasse Tyson came out tomorrow and said the sky was falling, morons like you would ditch any and all former connvictions on the spot and mindless cry heretic to all who question the validity of such a ludicrous claim

It was to play into Caesar's Moses analogy, but it makes limited sense within the movie's universe. Why tire your forces when you have a labor force you can drive with only a few supervisors.

Do you ever wonder why you're a virgin and why attractive women are repulsed by you? Do you know why you will never have white kids to contribute to increasing the numbers of your races declining birth rate? Because of shit like this. You are a fucking idiooooooot.

Yeah I'm aware of all that. I was just stating that some people were expecting a full on ape v man war for 2 hours.

I think he was trying to convert him into an Uncle Tom. He had already captured the tribe on monkeys, and they revered him. If he could get Caesar on his side, then the rest would gladly follow. He didn't fall for it and was promptly used a piece to coerce the monkeys into working. Their escape is hard to defend, though. You could say it's because the guard with the best vantage point was the first taken out, and the attacking forces occupied the others.

critics loved It and I thought it was great but for some reason normies dont seem to care about this series anymore
yeah she was, the little girl was named nova

I think war is better then rise. But Dawn is clearly the best one as Koba couldnt be topped as a villain. Caesar was still haunted by Koba even after he died

I loved it, but I can admit Bad Ape was a poor decision and comic relief has no place in a movie like this. Dawn was probably better but I need to watch them both again.

Old movies are comfy. New ones make me think of niggers taking over human civilization. Do not want.

Look, man. I'm willing to talk this out, but you just don't seem interested in having a real conversation. You fling more shit than the monkeys in this movie. You're entitled to your beliefs, and I respect your right to believe them.
If you attack him, he's going to be even less willing to change his convictions. If he isn't interested in it, there's no reason to continue giving him (You)s.

I didn't reply to you earlier for a reason, now go away.

Imagine typing this.

>from a snowy area to one with a tropical climate
They were trekking from the Rockies to the Las Vegas desert, and then Florida. It's not that hard to believe.

Good luck with your dying race

plebs are butthurt there wasnt enough michael bay explosion scenes? and are you implying great escape isnt a great movie because it is

Dawn is far and away the best of the 3. Koba was the true villain of that movie and the humans were secondary characters. Caesar having to break his Ape not kill Ape rule really messed him up.

I've seen Rise, but I don't remember much about it.

You really need to learn to stop being so obvious. I'm sure your schtick riles some tards but you serious come off as some underage b& that thinks they're an ebin troll

You think I'm not serious?

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Only a stormcuck Trump supporter from Sup Forums could make a retarded assertion like this. Kys

The last one had an epic feel to it, as if you were reading some mythical tale of a warlord. Turning that into a prison break movie with loads of plotholes and a stupid ending was just retarded

How the fuck did you interpret that as me implying The Great Escape was shit?

many of you feel otherwise but I think its one of the few third movies in a trilogy not to suck. maybe they could have changed the title from war, but Caesars arc across the 3 movies was fantastic

The director said that War was supposed to elevate Caesar to the mythical character he's worshiped as in the earlier movies.The only problem is they sacrifice realism to accomplish it.

That's definitely true. Not many think the movie sucks, though. It's just not considered as strong as the previous two.

realism isnt exactly what this series was going for

Dawn > War > Rise >>>>>>>>>> a bucket full of dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tim burton's planet of the apes

I loved it, but I'm a Planet of the Apes fan. Like everything except for Battle, the cartoon, and the Burton remake.

Take your meds. You're inventing both sides of the discussion from your own bullshit.

ya

>war
you call that minor conflict a war? not to mention a fucking avalanche wipes out 'humanity'. it was beyond retarded

because these movies just tell the same fucking story over and over again.
Literally can't tell them apart