Because most moviegoers expect capeshit

Low IQ niggers

Only hipsters care about this

kinos always bomb
the pleb masses can't into quality

>nothing happens: the movie

Overrated franchise.

normies and brainlets

kino always bombs, you fucking moronic pleb. if a film DOESNT bomb its likely not a kino. even the first one bombed, though i dont consider it that great.

sci-fi always fails unless it's capeshit or star wars/trek.

Audiences wanted an action sci fi movie like Star Wars but got something completely different thing. Same reason the new Planet of the Apes underperformed, great movie but audiences wanted an epic monkey war but got a character driven prison film.

Because people had enough forced sequels that don't bring anything new or worthwhile to the table and just rely on nostalgia alone.

take your ritalin, sperg

It's fucking October. Nobody goes to see movies in October.

No idea it's just as pleb friendly as TFA

Kino always bombs. In fact that is the hallmark of true kino. Now you know my son.

I’m sure the mouse is responsible in some way

>Bait: The Post

Nobody wanted a sequel. I'm not gonna watch it in the cinema. I'll torrent it once BD is out.

most people are literally morons who can't comprehend anything more complex than a cheese stick.

some dumb bitch told me IT is a better movie than 2049

if you're not going to watch it at the kinotheque you probably shouldn't watch it at all. it's like Dunkirk; the experience isn't the same on your 21 inch screen

either way it looks like yet another pleb has been filtered

>some dumb bitch told me IT is a better movie than 2049

That dumb bitch is 10x smarter than you retard

>it's like Dunkirk
I didn't watch that one and I don't plan it. WWII movies are annoying. I don't know why they're still making those. And making it for the spectacle basically is an admission of guilt - they're basically making war movie capeshit.

>i'm not dumb, you are!

great argument

/pol is where low IQ misfits complain about how other people are stupid and misfits (i.e., I'm not stupid! Just take a look at that guy over there!)

why don't you wait two weeks before you make a conclusion you nut

>im not dumb everyone else is!

You are a literal retard.

says the autismo

This actually upsets me quite a bit.
How bad did it bomb?

the weekend's not over yet, lad. keep your chin up

It will at least make its money back. The thing about blade runner is it's not something people will have any urgent desire to see in theaters instantly. I want to see it, but I'll wait for video.

I'd imagine there's very few fans of the first film who EVER want to see something opening weekend. I mean, a lot of blade runner fans aren't exactly sociable people so the idea of going to the theatre when every chair will be packed does not sound fun.

>I want to see it, but I'll wait for video.
don't do this to yourself. you deserve to experience this film in the glory of a decent cinema

You're the rascist for assuming he meant black people. "Nigger" refers to someone extremely ignorant, as you would have to be in order to neglect seeing one of the most elegant films of the year that will make you tremble to your core

Nolan, the director of the box office smash hit Dunkirk (not a sequel, remake or capeshit), would like to have word with you.

i don't usually say this, but if you wait for video on this you've made a mistake

i saw the original bladerunner in 90mm in Loews Astor in NYC when it was originally released -- one of the largest screens in the world at that time

and yeah im that fucking old

Big "cinema spectacle" is for subhumans. Movie is supposed to envelop you in experience. Just making the screen bigger is fake news. It's not the movie doing it anymore, but greedy capitalism.

Not true. Hipsters dont go to movies unless its marvel because being a comic fan is so quirky

youtu.be/do_aluTj58g

Dunkirk is literally a remake

you're full of shit. these movies are MADE for the big screen.

go watch the movie in Dolby Cinema and experience the amazing colors, perfect black levels, and about 60 speakers shooting sound at you from pinpoint angles. you will not get that experience anywhere else, definitely not in your home or phone screen

Because it isn't Fast and the Furious 19

What was it like? Old people on Sup Forums fascinate me, how old are you?

>oh, gosh, look at that retard - he even got banned from /pol

>2 hours 43 minutes

>movies are MADE for the big screen
Then I reject movies at a conceptual level as trash.

Not that guy but fuck, your antifa autism is showing.

Military propaganda always does well.

the screen was about 3 IMAX screens wide (not the giant IMAX but the smaller IMAX), and it was a matinee, so there were about 20 people in the theater

and the air conditioning was intense

good for you?

no it wont you mongoloid

this wont do well overseas because they wont watch western arthouse

There was a woman literally snoring in the theater, maybe 6-10 left midway through. These type of slow sci-fi movies just don't appeal to 50 percent of movie watchers - hence the poor showing.

goddamn, i wish i was born and old enough to see the original Blade Runner in theaters... wait maybe not since that was the US theatrical cut with the stupid narration and shit

poor /pol
even meds won't fix ya

Popularity is inversely proportional to quality.

Nolan is an anomaly, but even he dumbs down his movies to appeal to the mainstream audiences

Yeah, that's wild, man. I'm 35.... and this would make you likely 40 barest minimum, but probably older than that if you made some point to see Blade Runner in the best cinema possible (or your parents saw fit to spend the extra dough in that way).

Yeah, old guys on Sup Forums fascinate me too. But outside of chan culture, there's very few user messageboards. It really is a unique cultural experience because everyone plays themselves with no need to put on airs (or the biggest asshole, they'd be if no one held them accountable).

Not to get into a tangent but I always wonder what went wrong when I see old guys on here too (myself included). My favorite channer (and I haven't seen him in at least 5 years, perhaps he died, he was old) was the old crazy Vietnam vet.

Yes and you, be ashamed of yourself.

why would i be ashamed? watching good movies in a good theater is amazing. i'm going to go watch 2049 again soon

Subhuman trash.

This right here. Only plebs defend this steaming pile of shit movie.

I'm 31, although I've been on here since 2004.

Sup Forums in general, I remember when Sup Forums started in 2006.

kill yourself, you're obviously off your rocker

That bitch knows what she's talking about you mega pleb.

>t. underage b&

Normies don't like pretentious arthouse flicks.

I knew it was a solidified kino as soon as i saw the muslim pseudo-chad and his black gf a couple rows down walking out of the film an hour in.

>L-look mom! I insulted someone on the interwebz!

Go back to your marvel flicks, faggot

slow down there, retard, you must be confused. I like good films like Blade Runner and despise garbage like Marvel movies and shit like IT

Because it's a slow, boring, depressing, dirty sci-fi movie which is even longer than the slow, boring, depressing, dirty sci-fi movie upon which it's based.

I love the original, but there's a reason people don't care for it. This was a fucking terrible idea.

this movie was dumbed down as well

I'm 100% sure those flashbacks (especially the last one) were added in post production by some producer who felt normies wouldn't understand it

And yet you defend this pseudo cape shit. I bet you even laughed when they started with the one liners. Or better yet, you laughed when deckard spilled whiskey for the dog.

>pseudo cape shit

Is it that bad?

well obviously. you have to make some sacrifices

how the fuck is this capeshit? are your brains made up of dogshit?

>Nolan
>kino

>movie bombed so hard
>budget was ridiculously bloated because of the ridiculous running time and extensive sets and green screen
>this kind of movie will never be made again because of all that money blown into nothingness

That's great, now I don't have to hear you pretentious retards talking about their shitty movies because no studio is ever going to make this crap again thank goodness nobody needs to waste 3 hours of their life for a screensaver

Plus they even used the same tracks from the first film. This movie was dumbed down and doesn't live up to the original.

Marvel has rotted everyone's brain. People are mindless automations who want only quips and szechuan sauce.

>unique cultural experience because everyone plays themselves
But thats not true. People dont play themselves here. We play a seasoned 4channer. Newfags try to play themselves and they get roasted instantly for their naiveness, lame humor and so on, so then they adopt the 4channer persona.

I always thought this was a terrible fucking idea, but 'don't do reboots' is never the lesson they take from these things. It'll be 'people won't watch thoughtful sci-fi'.

I'm going to be real with you, it was bad if you loved the original one. It has quips, it has "humour" it has stupid ideas that doesn't make sense in the real world, it has an anime villain, and it has a horrible plot twist. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who loves and treasure the first one.

nah, most people have always been retarded.
get a load of this moron

yeah, fuck doing different things. I hate that. let's just do capeshit XXXII: the fourth reckoning

Why the fuck do you even visit Sup Forums

It hasn't even opened worldwide and the original was a box office disappointment.

I'm just glad it exists. Villanueve won't be stopped unless it bombs insanely hard. Double digits hard.

Comparing this to planet of the apes is stupid.

The last Planet of the Apes was a Shakespearean-style epic tale of a warlord with monkeys. It had a disney-style battle on a falling tower and had an epic feel to it. "Finishing" the trilogy with something so low key was stupid.

The first Blade Runner wasn't an action movie so people who expected one are stupid

Did you even see the fucking movie you piece of shit? It has one liners and stupid humour straight outta marvel flicks. The fucking anime video was better than this piece of shit you liked so much, you mega pleb.

Please be trolling this movie is transcendental with proper screen and sound. You are doing yourself a massive disservice.

>all that jino gone, with tears in the rain

Blade Runner is my favorite movie, so that sounds bad. I can't picture a Villeneuve movie with le funny Marvel quips.

I wasn't planning to see it until it hit a discount cinema anyway. Probably won't need to wait long.

You idiots don't get it. I don't mind your pretentious movies, that's your taste. Hell, you guys can babble all you want. I just don't like it so I'm gonna laugh at how you guys stupidly killed your favorite genre. Your stupid obnoxious Blade Runner circlejerk culminated into a big budget movie that will be the biggest bomb in movie history. That's right, you guys killed any possibility of future sci fi movies for the next DECADE (Besides Star Jews). NOBODY is gonna touch this genre besides $10 indie devs (but it wont work because these kind of movies are expensive as shit)

This movie should have been half its budget and even if it bombed it wouldn't be a blacksheep and a warning to future investors.

the first one even had a romance that was done terribly, but the one in 2049 was done beautifully.

>Watching movie.
>Group of 20-something hipsters with thick framed glasses that smelt like they bathed in shitty weed.
>The keep giggling at random points in the movie, and not even at childish innuendo shit. Just at silence.
>The movie ends.
>One with the thickest fake glasses frames stands up.
>"That movie SUCKED."

Nah, see. Hipsters are the faggots who can't appreciate a good movie when they see it, and need to watch something like Deadpool to be impressed.

Because it is unnecessary. Everything was said in the first one. It's existence is not needed.

the fact that it exists and they did it how they wanted is an achievement in itself. true artists suffer for their work

Find a fan of Blade Runner who ever wanted this to happen. A real fan, not some hipster fag pretending to like it because they're a 'nerd'.

those aren't hipsters, they were conformist trash.

actual hipsters try to at least appear like they know what they're doing.

meh, you're right but i'm good with atleast good sci fi movie. we're all going to die soon anyways

Are you retarded? Movies are a business, and when this fails spectacularly it will affect the film landscape irrevocably.

serious sci-fi isn't mainstream, never was, and never will be. besides of some specific examples (the matrix comes to mind as the most recent, from almost 20 years ago now), most people don't care for it. it's just a fact of life. you should just accept it and move on with it