Why do all future sci fi kinos like blade runner always portray the western world of the future as predominantly Asian...

Why do all future sci fi kinos like blade runner always portray the western world of the future as predominantly Asian, rather than Muslim?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City
yahoo.com/news/rights-group-china-moves-amass-dna-muslim-region-082551722.html
ummid.com/news/2017/September/28.09.2017/china-orders-xinjiang-muslims-to-hand-over-copies-of-quran.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia
youtube.com/watch?v=KbBkMG1vFbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VUbxVfSqtt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ha ha muslims are going to invade the world ha ha it's true the jews told me!!

Asians will easily rule the world with their hivemind collectivist insectoid mentality.

because god willing, islam will be erased

because Muslims will be exterminated once the Chinks take over after whites are gone

At the time Blade Runner it made sense at the time Blade Runner was filmed. Japan was the vanguard when it came to technology, Tokyo probably felt like some futuristic city with all its videogames, tvs, vhs, laserdiscs, stereos etc.
Its the same as when you read Neuromancer, where japan basically dominates everything and there's a weird mix of japanese an english, due to japanese being the dominant language.I guess people at that time were somewhat scared that big japanese corporations would replace western ones.
Nowadays that vision doesn't hold up because Japan isn't the technological and economial powerhouse that it used to be, and some people even think that they are somewhat "outdated" because they still use things like flip phones, faxes and cash instead of credit cards.

Because cyberpunk came out of a time in the 80's when the Japanese tech sector was exploding and many factory jobs were being exported all across Asia, leading to a fear of Asia overtaking American supremacy and the inevitable cultural backwash that would occur. But the Japanese bubble burst and China stealing our jobs became a weird normal.

Because believe it or not, that's an optimistic take on the future.
Pessimistic by today's standarts would be a 3rd world shithole where immigrants/refugess took over.

The future belongs to China and India

It made sense at the time Blade Runner was filmed*

because it's influenced by Tokyo and Hong Kong

Came here to post this, but not as explained.

Came out in a time where Asian economic expansion was visibly going to end up where it's ended up today, as a genuine competitor to the west. Which means the cultures were always going to merge. Hence weebs.

As for no muslims, come on. Blade Runner type future is going to happen long before sandniggers get a footing anywhere. They aren't taking over shit. I know it, you know it.

because the cyper punk genre was particularly influenced by japanese.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

is known as the original inspiration for cyber punk imagery.

>he still thinks Islam isn't already down to its last couple threads of sustainability

When your generation finally wakes up from the fagmare you've all been living since you grew hair on your balls, the strain might be enough to kill you.

Asian and Muslim aren't mutually exclusive categories, the world's 4 largest Muslim countries are all asian.

because muslims live in the 12th century, so unless the movie is about time travel...

asians like to try the lastest tech shit and chase after hot bitches that are white

t. asian

But the link you posted is from Hong Kong...

It's because their economy went in a decline in the 90s. We could've had superior Dai-Nippon-koku running the world and influencing everything by now, but they just had to fuck it up.

Yeah, Asians aren't like those stupid non-Asian Muslims in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Because Muslims may be numerous but they are retards. Asians already rule the world.

because that is what dieselpunk is for

because arabs, africans, pakis are literally 40%+ inbred with their 1st cousins. all of their technological advancements in the past couple of centuries is from outsiders bringing in tech to use their resources. they have created nothing on their own because they are literal inbred retards, thats why so many of them are ok with blowing themselves up for a ped they never met.

muslims = downs people with high testosterone/violent tendencies.

those aren't real asians

t. real asian

I honestly think that Her is the most likely future, at least in the west. With everything looking sterile and plastic.
The cool future full of neon lights, android whores and naked wire everywhere is just not possible anymore.

Lol how are those not real asians, they live in asia. Are people in Pakistan/India/Bangladesh not real asians either?

in the civilized world "Asian" refers to Southeast Asians, not every shitskin on the continent

>in the civilized world "Asian" refers to Southeast Asians

Like Indonesia, the world's largest muslim country?

now it's China.
Asia is bound to take over anyway, it's just a numbers game.

>implying muslims are capable of building megacities or even live in megacities without ending up bombing each other

those chinks will snap out of it, because of the internet/pop culture. everytime a big movie comes out i look through twitter late at night to see the reaction from around the world. those chinks (esp the girls for some reason) love marvel and dc movies. they'll become secular/atheist in a century or less.

What the fuck would a Muslim sci-fi film even look like

Asians have high IQ's, stable societies, and are technologically advanced. They are the future of humanity.

Because with rising Asian demographics in the US I don't think you know how fast the rice people breed. Remember China is overpopulated for a reason.

Fuck no, I don't want chinks to take over the west. At least japs are cool, chinese are just asian poo in the loos.

Why are you replying to a troll retard from Sup Forums?

>what is kuala lumpur
>what is jakarta
>what is dubai
>what is doha
>what is istanbul

pic related, it's you.

The funny thing is, Asians are often stereotyped as asexual and repressed. Obviously when it comes to reproducing, at least, that's not the case.

>those chinks will snap out of it

Idk, they've beeb Muslim for at least 600 years or so and centuries of Western colonial rule couldn't snap them out of it.

Probably like Kuala Lampur

pakistan/india/bangladesh are NOT real asians, that is a british meme. no one else in the entire world calls them that, because they look completely different from japs, chinks, flips, island chinks, koreans, etc..

eskimos are more asian than any north or south indian.

Muslims are dumb primitivists, asians are constantly innovating and leading the way

Not Sup Forums but the novel When Gravity Fails explores the idea of a successful Middle-East.

Japan was the China of the 1980s. Back in 1981 people said that in the future we'd all be speaking Japanese, China was a north korea-tier backwater

>pakistan/india/bangladesh are NOT real asians, that is a british meme. no one else in the entire world calls them that

They're literally in Asia you stupid fucker. This is like arguing that Italians and Polish aren't really Europeans.

>japs, chinks, island chinks, koreans
Those are East Asians, a specific type of Asian.

>flips
Look more like Indonesians than they do like East Asians.

The original Blade Runner was made while Japan was in the middle of the largest economic boom yet seen in history. It seemed only natural that in a few decades Japan would rule the world.

Funny how often "X is going to take over the world" is so often hyperbolic. Almost like the people who tend to make such wild sweeping claims also lack the foresight and historical perspective to understand why it's categorically impossible.

yahoo.com/news/rights-group-china-moves-amass-dna-muslim-region-082551722.html

Chinks are already treating Muslims like cattle and Japan has a nonexistent refugee policy.

Because chinks know how to keep muslim scum at bay

ummid.com/news/2017/September/28.09.2017/china-orders-xinjiang-muslims-to-hand-over-copies-of-quran.html

Japan has the world's lowest birthrate, and China's birthrate has massively slowed down cause of one child policy, they've got like a 2:1 ratio of men to women now.

>He misspelt Constantinople

>They're literally in Asia you stupid fucker. This is like arguing that Italians and Polish aren't really Europeans.

people everywhere other than britbong-ville still consider that the middle east, or call them by their countries names. sorry fagget.

>people everywhere other than britbong-ville still consider that the middle east,

You think India and Bangladesh are in the middle east? How about Indonesia and Malaysia, are they in the middle east too?

you don't know what you're talking about you dumb chink, Asia originally referred to the middle east and was used by romans to refer to anatolia, when nobody knew what the fuck china was.

This. Most people viewing Blade Runner and the Alien series think it's purely because Japan was seen as a tech powerhouse at the time, but their economic growth was scarier to a lot of people.
They were buying up businesses and real estate like crazy. Of course the two are related though.

mudskins will have numbers, chinks will have numbers plus superior technology, and once the white man has been breed out of existince, the chinks iwll have no reason to hold back from exterminating 90% of the planet

so Japan was basically the China of the 1980's?

China is doing the same shit now, buying up property everywhere, driving up housing prices and making it unaffordable to local people.

>India
>the middle east
calling them asian is funny too though
they have their own subcontinent and like an 8th of the world's entire population, they're pretty much their own thing

>Asian rather than Muslim
Because most sci fi movies come from the USA, especially from California. The USA has 15 million East Asians but only 3 million Muslims. Muslims aren't on America's radar culturally. And America's greatest economic/cultural rivals in the past 30 years have been Japan and China.

>MUH INDIANS, PAKIS, BANGLADESHES R ASIANS U GUIS! REALLY!!!

hmmmm, see map, fagget.

What is this map supposed to prove? Most of Europe and Afria are in the image as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia

Whoa!!!

Look at Rambo here.

You're trying too hard

>Sup Forums cries when Israel btfo's Muslims
>Sup Forums cheers when China btfo's Muslims

Those cool future concepts were built on the notions that humanity evolves and devolves through disaster and war. Her shows what the immediate future would bring with nothing substantial occurring.

its more about them producing tech and taking over the business world then them literally taking over America.
also pure aesthetics.

This.

user, it's America

Germany on the other hand during Bladerunner..

I always interpreted Blade Runner as the future in an alternate reality where we never nuked Japan.

China isn't on Japan's 80s level. China deals mostly with volumes. The stanards of their design and engineering aren't as high as Japan's were or are. If you bought Sony in the 80s, that was quality. The same is true today. Meanwhile, China is riddeled with pirated goods and safety standards are usually neglected for an easy dollar.

It is a very corrupt society filled with people who are just looking to do absolute minimum or even less if they ca get away with it.

Japan only got developed because we nuked them and gave them financial assistance afterwards.

Otherwise they would still be backwards conservative nationalist retards.

Most Japanese people don't immigrate and the reason China's Burt rates have slowed down is due to a policy, when the Asians start coming to the US more you will see.

No one is afraid of China in that sense. From an economical standpoint China is a joke, the general consensus being that a society raping economic collapse is imminent due to the choices their government's made.

The real threat from China is them forming a super trade-pact with the rest of Asia and buttfucking the US out of the Pacific

>Japan only got developed because we nuked them

Because Hollywood producers are obviously Islamophobic. How many Muslim refugees do you see living in their gated communities? Not a single one. I can only surmise that the people there hate brown people and ought to be forcibly removed from their homes and sent to reeducation camps for a much needed lesson in cultural tolerance. Their blatant bigotry has no place in a civilized society.

>"face it the Japanese will own most of this country by the end of the 90s"

The nips were buying up everything for a long time.

>The real threat from China is them forming a super trade-pact with the rest of Asia and buttfucking the US out of the Pacific
t. Clinton
I hope China does dominate the rest of asia just so you stupid americlaps get btfo

Reminder that the Soviet Union still exists in BR2409, you see an ad talking about CCCP products

all hail, comrades

youtube.com/watch?v=KbBkMG1vFbQ

Chinese are a bunch of subhumans that behave like rats. Devoid of empathy, morality, creativity, or self-sacrifice. They're a society where you have to put dashcams on your car so when people run into you on the road trying to sue you, you can prove them wrong in court

t. has never been in any western european country nowadays

Because there's no tangible statistical evidence to prove that muslims will ever be more than a minority in the western world, only Sup Forumstards believe in this nonsense. This is literally just the Eurabia conspiracy from a decade ago rebranded to not sound particularly racist this time around.

youtube.com/watch?v=VUbxVfSqtt8

Not him but, from the perspective of living in Portugal and travelling to central Europe on a yearly basis, I honestly haven't seen any major populational shift in most cities. There were far more asians and niggers on the streets in my last visit to Germany than muslims.

how come you braindead commie still can say that after everything that's happening, not a single fucking week without muslim terrorism, full towns in France completly muslim, let's not talk about Sweden or parts of London. It's just a a simple question of demography too you hypocrit blinded fuck, and what about everything that's coming right now from the third world in western europe? budhists I suppose. There's a reason for the rising of the far righ in Europe too, that's a simple and natural reaction from people whom are being robbed of their country and culture by a more and more agressive and intrusive foreigner one.

Im a paki and i agree this is true

>not a single fucking week without muslim terrorism
Did anything happen in September? I don't recall anymore.

Do you even live in Europe? Muslims are like ~5% of Europe's population.

>fearmongering with no sources or data

I fucking live in France, leftard, I should know. My friend who nearly died near the Bataclan should know too.

>fearmongering with no source
>terrorism in the news everyweek
Ok fucktard

>assuming I'm leftist because I question your points

What cities did you visit? It probably wasn't London, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris etc.

where are these full towns that are completely muslim?
name one

Oh, thanks god you've got your own anecdotal evidence, that solves it. A pity my own anecdotal evidence of also being an European directly contradicts yours, which means we should probably look at something more objective like actual demographic studies and non-skewered statistical observations.

well I'm sorry, but then you clearly reek of a skewed perspective.

Mind you, no one is saying there is no problem, but Muslim integration is just one of many problems facing Europe and the West, and I'm honestly more worried about the way the problem is being handled, and the problems created by that, than I am by the problem itself.

That's not a huge deal, big cities tend to be diverse everywhere.

They are nearly 30% of the population of France.

Because it's LA. The entire west coast of North America is getting CHINKED

> basing your world view off isolated , anecdotal and sensationalist news stories

Your stereotypical alt-righter, ladies and gentlemen

People are looking to deep into it. Ridley just went with it for the look.
Here's a quote from him in an interview.
>When it came to deciding whether to go Hispanic or Asian for what seems to be the majority culture on the streets in San Angeles, I opted for Asian.

Just throw in asian shit here and there basically and he wanted the set to look like Hong Kong on a bad day.

It's < 10% from all reputable sources I can find.