Do they have a father/son or mentor/mentee relationship?

Do they have a father/son or mentor/mentee relationship?
I really can't tell. Also, is Bruce a good father? His repressed emotions doesn't seem to be a good influence on the Robins, let alone Damian.

I've always found it very strange that they made Batman a father. He's a horrid father, even to an already emotionally scarred kid like Damian. I've never once seen him act fatherly toward him, hell, most of the time they aren't even in the same comic, like the writers wish they could pretend he doesn't have a son because he still risks his life on a daily basis and encourages his son to do the same. The role of Robin has never made real sense unless it's an adult like Nightwing.

He acts fatherly in many comics
Some writers probably do wish he didn't exist
Robin makes perfect sense, he's a child self insert

I mean why would a hero train a child in martial arts and ask them to stay up all night and fight people. It's literally child abuse. It's not very hero-like, but then again that's kind of Batman. He's a hero by non-traditional means sometimes.

In the case of Damien, he was already trained before he met Batman.
The other ones, they were just emotionally stunted and he used that to his advantage,

It really depends on the writer.

Tomasi Batman got him a dog.

I've never once seen him act fatherly toward him

Peter Tomasi's Batman & Robin runs make a pretty good job with their dynamite

that´s why dickbats and damian > Brucebats and damian

The relationship between Bruce and Damian Wayne is unique to the typical role of Batman and Robin.Damian has been Bruce’s son since the moment he was introduced. He enters the batcave a Wayne and a stranger, but always a son.

Basically, read the Batman & Robin arc in the New 52. It focuses on exactly the question you ask it is all about their relationship, how Bruce comes to terms with Damian's tendencies, and how Damian tries to change for his father. And it is fantastic

I think Bruce started of a less than great dad with Damian but after Bruce's death I think they actually grew to understand as depend on each other in a nice way

Damian and Bruce have an interesting relationship, because they have a lot of similar personality traits, and clash over their different core beliefs. Damian was raised to be an assassin. Bruce doesn't believe in killing. Damian acts on impulse. Bruce has spent most of his life learning to control himself.

What I find fascinating about Damian is how much of an impact Bruce had on him indirectly. By that, I mean that Dick played a larger role in turning Damian into a more heroic character than Bruce did, but the reason he was able to do that was in large part due to Bruce's raising of him. Dick has always had the temperament to be able to deal with Bruce, which is why he can deal with Damian

>is Bruce a good father?
He has his moments, but no.

The problem with Damian is that he was literally forced on Batman and doesn't work well with him which is why most of the writers decided not to bother.

Bruce truly becomes a father in this issue.

Whats the mundane thing they end up doing?

>He has his moments, but no.
Scott Snyder pls.

>He has his moments
I think he was a good father to Jason in the 80s (well, before Starling), but I agree that he hasn't been good ever since.

Bruce Wayne is grieving the loss of his son as only a father can and the pain is overbearing. The fact that Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same person only amplifies the intensity.
Batman and Robin #18 is a completely silent issue that is dark, powerful and emotionally raw.

Fishing I believe

I’ll tell you right now that this is an absolute, 100% must-buy issue.Batman and Robin vol 3 will probably ne one of the best Batman volumes ever.ep. Best BATMAN comic I've read so far. It brought tears to my eyes.