It's unironically the best film of 2017

What went right, Sup Forums?

A lot of things. The cast and crew assembled are top talent in the industry.

Um excuse me but the whole movie doesn't work because it's white people saving white people.

Am the the only one kind of happy this kino isn't going to be a big success? At the rate it's going it's heading right to cult classic status

no, it's the best outcome to avoid needless milking

Ya

Everything went right until the writing took a big fat shit on everything

It was made by people who are good at their job. Same thing that "goes right" with every movie that turns out good.

This.

>predominately white, male cast
Diversity really screws up the watchability of movies. Hollywood have known all along what makes money but are forced to pander to minorities just to shut them up.

It's probably the best movie of the past few years. Easily best of 2017.

same writer as the first blade runner.

no diversity

>It was made by people who are good at their job.

Jared Leto was in it, though.

the goose was in it desu

Exactly this.

I don't know what has to happen for people to see he's a weak pretensious actor. The movie was decent sci-fi but not a good successor to original.

Almost everything, bar a couple of aspects and luckily only one affected the finished movie:

>Leto
>surprisingly little box office appeal

good

Okay, that's a fair point. I find him fascinating. He seems to be that incredibly dedicated character actor who fully immerses himself in every role he plays and yet he consistently manages to be the worst actor in everything he's in.

The Fast and Furious audience weren't exactly queuing around the block for a Blade Runner sequel, though. In order to appeal to groups beyond the expected target audience, you'd have to modify things too much to appeal to them. A wisecracking Will Smith as K might have increased the take, but would have wrecked the movie. The way it turned out, it's worse for the companies involved but at least it's better for the viewer.

leto and ford were weak as fuck. ford's opening cheese lines were disgusting to watch. felt like I was watching a failed youtube commentator drunk and rambling. leto took on a weird accent at about 2 hours into the movie that he didn't have before. still a great movie though, just not as good as the original and especially not as good as the director's cut original.

You're both wrong. I usually hate Jared Leto but he was excellent for this role.

Best movie of 2017. It's going to be a cult classic in a few years

Right on both counts.

Unironically the best actor in 2049.

At least they used him sparingly and let Luv do most of the villain stuff.

Wonder how long before an eventual director's cut followed by a final cut.

not even gonna lie, for me its the best movie ive seen in the last decade

FUCKING WHITE MALES

i heard he actually blinded himself for this role

RIDLEY SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTT

Much better than Alien: Covenant

Literally all I wanted is the movie to be good but not starting another shitty franchise. You're not alone brother

I said that to someone yesterday after seeing it. Most engrossing thing I've seen in a cinema. Once it started I wasn't even aware of being in a theatre until it ended.

Guess I need to go back soon to rewatch, given its box office looks like it won't be around long.

We finally got an actual captivating emotionally involved on-screen romantic relationship that felt genuine.
And the ironic thing is that the relationship happened to be entirely fake at the end

Between an android and a hologram, no less.

>Android
He's flesh and blood. Just better flesh and blood than ours.

Im so happy Sup Forums, I am a big fan of ghost in the shell, this was a good version of the GITS movie that I never got

I'd really like to see the same filmmakers try Neuromancer.

Unfortunately given that both GITS live-action and 2049 have both flopped this year, Hollywood will now probably write off that style of SF for another 30 years.

>best romance in movies in years is between a robot and his hologram waifu
The absolute state of Hollywood

I want to see it again, and a large part of it is down to that romance. Why the hell does a robot and his mass-manufactured hologram give me that feeling where standard movie romances leave me impatiently awaiting the next scene?

this is unironically my favorite romance of all time now. very relatable

>And the ironic thing is that the relationship happened to be entirely fake at the end
It felt real for K and Joi, which is all that counts. K realizes this when he sees the ad version of her, and that's why he decides to go save Deckard instead of following the resistance's orders or killing himself.

the deadpool guy is currently prepping neuromancer as his follow-up for terminator 6. considering his "talent" we're probably better off with it being shelved.

>the deadpool guy is currently prepping neuromancer as his follow-up for terminator 6

One of those rare sentences that starts out horrifying and then actually ups the ante.

>Neuromancer as a big-budget sci-fi action movie and not an aesthetic existential noir film with brief moments of brutal hyperviolence
Just kill me now

I'd prefer that it never be made than see it made into some action blockbuster.

Same goes for The Stars My Destination.

I think its among the 3 best, but not the best. Since its not an original story, but rather a sequel, I have to give Dunkirk or Wind River higher points.

Waifus, flashy lights, braap sounds, tits and nipples, choke fetish and /fa/ raincoats

The Writting
The Directing
The Sound Design
The Shot Compositions
The Expectation Subversion and Unrevelation of Mystery
The Atmosphere

The only thing that lacked is a good story.
Dont get me wrong, this movie hasml moments like when Joi is revealed or each scene with Madam etc but overall it felt flat

>tries to make Neuromancer and fails
It's almost a Hollywood tradition