Solo cancelled

>Solo cancelled
>Foolkiller, Prowler and Mosaic all but cancelled
>Invincible Iron Man, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Hawkeye bombing
>Ms. Marvel ruined by CWII
>Secret Warriors will be a bomb

Pick the characters to be pushed in the next status quo change.

Whoever will be the inevitable new Captain America after Hydra War

>Hawkeye bombing
Girleye, right? Is it out? How was it?

Funny enough, Captain Hydra is one of the few Marvel titles with consistent sales.

Bring back Shooter!
Bring back Shooter!
Bring back Shooter!

Here's how you save Marvel.

Bring back all the original versions of the characters. Kill off all the legacy characters, unless they can be given new powers/get a new name, or they can revert to the character they used to be.

Everything's a team book, except Spider-Man.

Spider-Man
Avengers
Avengers Initiative (teens in training)
Thunderbolts (criminals and morally grey Avengers)
X-Men
X-Force
New Mutants
GOTG
Inhumans
Defenders (expanded version of Netflix cast)

That's the core books. No more "major" titles than those. You hire talented/known screenwriters/novel authors to write these. Pay them twice the normal rate. They have a 6-8 issue arc, with loose continuity. You tell them to treat the arc as a movie they would want to see with the characters they're given. After their arc ends, they move onto another book.

Second tier books. You have all the SJW/tumblr type books here. Say about 10 of them. The writers get paid as much as an indie publisher. If the sales get beyond a certain level they get paid more, and get paid more with each level of sales they reach.

All characters in this tier are either new or forgotten. No legacy characters allowed. An 8 ish arc is guaranteed. If the sales were below a low tier Image title, you are fired after your arc, and cannot come back to Marvel.

>kill off all the legacy characters
Congratulations on making the exact same stupid mistake DC did with the New 52.

>loose continuity

No thanks.

Personally I would want to see a Sabra/Hishram the Arabian Knight buddy cop comic, though they're probably mess that up.

Also a songbird comic, maybe make her a fujosei so we can have imagine spots of all those characters Tumblr wants to be gay.

Heck how about a sports comic featuring D-Man, wrestler or Misty Collins, Tennis Pro
Of course none of this is going to happen.

Due to cosmic cube shenigans, Cap HYDRA is separated from Steve and is retained after the event, maybe with a Superior Captain America ongoing.

Elsa Bloodstone ongoing after Monsters Unleashed
Taskmaster and Songbird ongoings after the HYDRA event

it worked for didio, good stories > strict continuity

>Kill off all the legacy characters
>loose continuity
New 52 would like to have a word with you.

>After their arc ends, they move onto another book.
You know? I'd rather have what we have now than everything becoming glorified miniseries with no real consistency, where even big name creators are being treated as disposable drones and no one is able to do any long-term plotlines. No more foreshadowing, no more sticking character development, no more long-term change. No more books like Incredible Hercules (30 issues), Runaways (18 then 24 issues), X-Men: Legacy vol.2 (24 issues), even no more books like Superior Foes (17 issues). Everything becomes short, easy to digest crap for imbeciles.

>The writers get paid as much as an indie publisher
I'm going to quote Gillen here. "If Marvel books sells 20,000 copies, it means you're in trouble. If an indie book sells 20,000 it means you're buying everyone drinks tonight". Because indie books actually give writers better deal per sold issues, so if an indie book sells at the same level as C-List Marvel book, you're getting more money. The reason why people jump to Marvel are fixed rates per page written or drawn and possibility of getting a contract instead of being a freelancer. Congratulations, nobody will want to work for you anymore.

Also, I need to point out you completely forgot to include any artists in this deal, but I guess you're treating them as disposable even more than writers, even though they make most of the comics.

>All characters in this tier are either new or forgotten. No legacy characters allowed.

Because Mosaic sells so well. Because Foolkiller and Solo sell so well.

>If the sales were below a low tier Image title, you are fired after your arc, and cannot come back to Marvel.

Lowest-selling Marvel books don't go into the level of average Image books, so that wouldn't happen.

Iron man is not bombing, hawkeye either. And you cant claim that books are "all but cancelled". Stop forcing it.

How is that funny

No it didn't, they had to reboot. Didio did countdown.

>Everything becomes short, easy to digest crap for imbeciles.
Ewing is doing pretty long runs. Most books do, actually.

You are retarded

I was talking about what it would look like if user got his wish and every creator would leave after 6-8 issues.

>Kill off all the legacy characters
Yeah, Doc Green did so well after all.

This is a good idea imho because it would kill Marvel for good. I doubt they'd even last a year.

They're doing a new Secret Warriors book?

Except it didn't work

DCYou didn't last more than a year and lack of continuity was one of the big things people complained about

Yeah, but aside Quake it has nothing to do with previous one. It's about bunch of Inhumans - Quake, Moon Girl, Ms. Marvel, Karnak, Inferno - who stayed on Earth after X-Men kicked everyone else out.

I thought Mosaic was selling well? I don't think the book is that bad. Next issue is definitely going to be pretty interesting.

good thing nobody on Sup Forums actually wants anything to do with comics because this thread reminds me how awful Sup Forums is on the subject

almost as bad as "just make everything digital and OGNs, that'll fix everything!!"

>I thought Mosaic was selling well?
Man, they're literally having to send issues to stores for free because nobody's buying them.

I need to point out that Marvel if they use Spider-man to guest star in a books it's Miles more often than not....but if they need a book to really sell....well hey look here there's a really good Peter Parker that no one is using.

I was gonna shit on you for obvious moviefag and NOT MUH pandering, but it's actually a pretty good idea. Core books should be bimonthly though, that's the smartest thing DC did. And don't limit writers to one fucking arc, if they want to do a massive run, let them do it.

Also put Avengers Initiative, X-Force and New Mutants in "second-tier", there should always be an Iron Man, Thor and Captain America book in your core.

Just like with the Justice League in the 90's the Avengers name has lost all meaning by having so many sub-teams and spinoffs. They fixed this by cutting it down to one book, which was a back-to-basics approach with a big name writer.

Make a team of
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Captain America
>Chulk
>Black Widow
>Hawkeye

Yes, I know it's a moviefag team, but it works better as an all-star team than one with Ant-Man and Wasp as half the roster. Cho is there to sidestep all the complications that'd come with Banner's history.

I'd peg Greg Pak to write it.

Foolkiller. He deserves better. I deserve better. I need poetry in my life.

lol

Mania please!

>Flash gets the symbiote back. Venom & Mania book.
>Mania and Robbie Reyes team-up (Maybe even a team-up book?) >Mania gets put on Uncanny Avengers and not the main Avengers book because I don't think I trust Waid writing teenagers
>Mania solo title, maybe after all the above so she's popular enough for one?

>Bring back all the original versions of the characters. Kill off all the legacy characters,
Thing is, people are getting bored of the mantles entirely. They just have to move on to other characters and brands.

One day Marvel might go back to pandering to the people who actually buy their comics, not the ones they want to buy their comics.

I didn't ask for this.

Kamala's sales were on the decline way before cw2. Why do kamalafags pass th3 blame on to waid, cw2, and anything else besides the solo.

They mean the way she's written. I never bothered reading anything with her prior to CW2, but for last few months, she's been written as an insufferable cunt.

Avengers Assemble had a moviefag roster and it tanked.

not the same user but is funnt that out of all the PC bullshit books the only one that sells well and is actually decent is Captain Hydra, the one that is the oposite of PC.

Sure, but at the same time with all the hype they put for it in the news media, it's not selling as high as it should be.

Fucking Bendis.

Not just a movie roster but also having the villain who appeared as a cameo in the Avengers film.

I think the sales on that book was when I noticed that Bendis' star power was waning. I mean with Moon Knight and Spider-Woman you could dismiss them because his Avengers was still selling. But a new Avengers book with stuff obviously influenced by the film not selling well?

>it worked for didio, good stories > strict continuity
No, no it didn't. It caused the lowest sales DC has had in over a decade (comparative to the rest of the industry) and was such a colossal failure that it forced them to do Rebirth wherein they threw out all the new and interesting ideas of DCYou infavor of doubling down on A-listers and nostalgia pandering.

DCYou was good, yes. It was also a sales bomb.

No, they're doing what they did with Vision where they're just giving out copies for free in hopes that enough people pick up the free issues that the book can survive. That said, the book will probably last 10 issues, which is around what I expected even if it would have sold better.

The thing about that is that most people assumed it wasn't canon for that very reason.

>LIVE A POEM
or
>DIE A FOOL

First issue ended with her picking up a case from a woman being trolled on the Internet, how do you think it was?

Maybe they're going to subvert it in a unique way in the coming issues? Probably not but, y'know, maybe.

My suggestions:
Fire all the sjws. Tell guards to shoot them if they are close to the building.
Moore, Gaiman, Morrison: this is your home. Feel free to come and write wonderful stories with our characters. Do whatever you want with them.
Real continuity. Characters will grow old and die. And they won't appear in more than 2 series.
No more decompressed narrative.
No more Ultimate universe.
90s characters: kill them off. Fuck Cable, Deadpool and all that shit.
No manga influence. Let's keep comics pure and clean from inferior beings.
Punisher out of 616 universe.
Millar: get out of here.
Ellis: finish your series or others better than you will do it.
Give Moon Knight a decent writer, for Jack's sake.
Fuck crossovers and events.
Less splash pages. We are telling a story, you know.
No Conservative messages in comics.
Aunt may dies forever.
Iron man: he fell into a puddle and got rust. Killed off or a B-list again.
Characters can smoke or take drugs if necessary or cool.

the fact that Spidey is ALREADY appearing in a ploy to boost sales should tell you it's not selling well.

They are catering to a new audience, trying to give themselves a new image, as the hip thing to read on your iPad.

Their mistake is catering with their entire line, which alienates and frustrates the core audience that comes back, time and time again.

Rather than having a steady foundation and building upon that, everything is in turmoil. There is also the political internal agendas - lot of big egos butting head within MARVEL.

>which alienates and frustrates the core audience

enough of this meme

the core audience is the ones BUYING the books, not the naysayers

have you ever considered lots of naysayers WERE the core audience but stopped buying books

Oh. Well, I'll download covers.

Yeah, I'm sure you're satisfied with Uncanny X-Men getting only an estimated 36,946 preorders last month.

fixing Marvel is a relatively easy fix, and you wouldn't have to dump the new characters and creators to do so.

you just need to tightened the screws of continuity a bit so everything feels like it takes place in the same world again. the wacky comedy books like USG and Hellcat simply can't be allowed to use classic versions of characters at a whim and established villains shouldn't be jobbing to characters like Porcupine in Spider-Woman.

the Legacy characters are falling flat for one reason only, they don't really interact with their predecessors, Spider-Miles should be Spider-Pete's sidekick ditto with Ms. M and Captain M, the Legacies shouldn't be their to replace they should be their to enhance the legacy of what came before them.

Find a role for the Inhumans or stop using them, hiding them in Space while GOTG is on Earth isn't going to fix their problems, when they initially started shilling the Inhumans revival they compared it to GOT, do that big urban fantasy Shakespeare type deal, but stop shoehorning them into other books roles.

X-Men and the Avengers get back to basics ASAP, Avengers need to drop the character drama stuff and get back to big sweeping action comics and the X-Men need to be rebuilt from the ground up

Bring back the Midnight Sons line for the dark and magical characters Dr. Strange can be the flagship, Marvel can do their Blade revival and it'll give structure to books without direction like Scarlet Witch and All New Ghost Rider

stop trying to change characters to fit current narrative, character wise X-23 and Iceman are unrecognizable to way they were before Secret Wars

MAKE SPIDER-MAN POOR AGAIN!

>88668189
>Punisher out of 616 universe.
not every badguy in the Marvel universe wears a cape, and some deserve a bullets between the eyes

>iron man not bombing
Haha but seriously they haven't renamed that title because they know it's the only thing that might trick people into reading that excrement.
>Ha lol tricked ai Tony who is the ai running my suit and also the suits that are training me, I hacked you so good....

Spidey appeared on the cover of the first issue. I think he was always planned to appear.

I'm surprised Mosaic can just possess Spider-Man in a flash without his Spider Sense going off or Peter Parker's insane willpower shunting Mosaic out. Also I know most of the superhero community knows Peter is Spidey but Mosaic is anti-hero at best and not the guy you want to have learning all of Pete's secrets, especially the Shield shit.

>No more Ultimate

I'm not sure you should be suggesting business strategies for Marvel when you can't be bothered to keep up with what's going on beyond shitposts on Sup Forums.

The problem is that so many people think that characters make the story when stories make the fucking story.

That's not how it works, it's not one or the other

I swear we recently had an Ultimates book by Al Ewing.

Been buying comics for 3 years now since I stopped downloading shit, I've brought every new issue of iron man but after this weeks issue Ive dropped it and won't be picking it up until Tony is back.

That team has nothing to do with the previous one or the Universe they came from.

Again, if you're going to complain about something, make sure you know exactly what you're complaining about before you open your mouth. Otherwise, people will jump on you, and call you a casual.

Also, Millar doesn't write for Marvel anymore save for that one Secret Wars tie in, Morrison probably won't be welcomed back after what happened with X-Men, and Ironman might as well be dead right now.

>save for that one Secret Wars tie in
And that space opera mini.

Here's what you do. Your A-list team books should be Fantastic Four, Avengers, Captain America, The Amazing Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men. These books form the core of the MU. They can interact, there is a continuity between them insomuch that if some big world altering event happens in one book, it should likely be at least referenced in another book if it's not something that's vfairly quickly undone. Characterization should be consistent too: If Spider-Man shows up in Captain America having just lost his job or something and going through a hard time, this should be consistent. The main books need not be in a constant state of crossover nor should they be islands. The exception is GotG, they should be in space and stay as far away from Earth as possible.

From those books are the A- books. The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange and Wolverine round these out. These characters, Wolverine and Iron Man aside, should generally be doing their own things and not members of teams.

From there you're going down the list are your second tier spinoff/solo/team books: Young Avengers, various X-Men spinoffs, Defenders (led by Nighthawk, more eclectic group of characters with a fluid membership ala the non-team thing), Thunderbolts, Nova, Deadpool, etc.

At the bottom are the books that are going to be either minis starring lesser characters or ongoings about them, your fringe books like Marvel Team-Up, stuff like that. Maybe a villain-led book too.

All books should generally focus on superheroes engaging in superhero stuff: issues where characters sit around and talk should be rare and limited mostly to one-off breather issues between big stories. Bad sitcom and blog quality writing is out the window as are writers that want to engage in it. No social activism, no political screeds fo any sort even if a book might seem like it "calls for it"; if Gruenwald could do it with Cap, so should anyone else.

Spider-Man (and Wolverine back in the day) being a guest in the first few issues of a character's ongoing is pretty much a tradition and has nothing to do with a character selling well or not.

>Millar doesn't write for Marvel anymore save for that one Secret Wars tie in,

Which one?

>Morrison probably won't be welcomed back after what happened with X-Men

I'm not aware of this one. What happened?

Editors hated him, he hated them back. They're still in charge of Marlel so...

Sup Forumsnts still whining about Marvel legacy characters. How shallow can you get? You're complaining about the wrong thing. What does it matter who the main character is compared to the quality of the storytelling? I though you guys read comics.

>X-Men get two books

fuck off mutie lover

Oh yes.

He got into a squabble with Jemas and then afterwards bailed on Marvel as a result. Jemas is no longer with the company and Morrison and people at Marvel try to sound like there's no hard feelings but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just damage control.

save your efforts, it's a copypasta

you sir, are a genius.

I'd hire you as EIC in a heartbeat

What storytelling?

>Gwenpool bombing

Thanks for the Christmas gift, Sup Forums

>Foolkiller cancelled
>the Gerber runs aren't in digital

I've always thought it was funny that Morrison is a golden boy at DC and constantly praised as one of the best writers in the industry, but the one time he wrote for Marvel fans and editors alike were at his doors with torches and pitchforks.

Really says something about Marvel's standards, imho

i do agree that marvel needs to fix its characters but the problem is that some of them are fucked up beyond repair, i mean really, who will fix Iceman now ? who will have the guts to retcon the fact that he is gay ?

Well the issue hasn't come out yet so we don't know how it'll go. If Mosaic actually did manage to control him then he'd know he's Peter Parker which seems like something Marvel woudn't allow to happen.

I have a feeling that Peter is going to pull some psychic defense shit to excise him from his body, but not before instilling the "great power, great responsibility" shit in him to turn him from a self-centered asshole to a super-hero.

He signed a DC exclusive without telling anyone at Marvel. Quesada had just gotten done doing a panel about how excited they were for Morrison's upcoming Marvel books, only to find out at the DC panel immediately afterwards that Morrison signed an exclusive with them.

Mind you, Quesada and Morrison were friends and so Quesada took it extremely personally that he'd sign an exclusive and felt that it was a betrayal.

When Quesada passed Morrison in the hall later, Morrison couldn't look Quesada in the eyes and just apologized and walked away. And that was the end of that.

That's mostly because X-fags are a cancer on the industry.

Don't act like you were some big Iceman fan. They could just kill off Iceman and never use him again and all of his 10 fans will just have to get over it.

>a guy that hates X-Men is put on the X-Men and his entire run about how bullshit he thinks the X-Men are
>why don't X-fags like it

Well that's simply not true at all.

Don't know too much about this, but it is true that he kind of missed a couple of central points. X-Men were never and should not be Doompatrol.
Making mutation go full retard like 75% of the time was not a particularly good move.

What's the giant foot? Is Fin Fang Foom an avenger now?

Here's what Marvel should do:

Every book is either Nextwave or Kid Loki.

>I have a feeling that Peter is going to pull some psychic defense shit to excise him from his bod

Okay I know that Peter was able to take back his body from Doc Ock but I still don't think Peter would be able to do "psychic defense shit".

American Kaiju

Marvel should kill off all their old straight, white male characters and replace them with beautiful, proud, lgbtq, non-white, non-gender specific people that're instantly and obviously better than the original in every way and are perfect beyond reproach (unless you're a racist)

>yfw this is actually already Marvel's strategy

>Everything's a team book, except Spider-Man.
no thanks

What in gods name made you think that?

>Tfw we could get another Nextwave book
Please 2017, make it happen and make it good

Give it to me Marvel. Hell, I'll settle for a Agent Venom and Mania ongoing, or even a Mania mini series.

>Character is an army officer experimented on and turned into a giant kaiju lizard
>Apparently a super patriotic hero guy while also a giant fucking reptile monster

Marvel's really lucky that this is my fetish. First marvel book I'll pick up since Superior Foes was cancelled. What is this guy in?

Like, literally, I'm not saying this is good or that the writing for this will be good and I'll probably pirate it, but holy fuck if I wrote this I would feel like I was being far too blatant. What book is he in? Avengers Idea Mechanics or something?

Want to keep a human working with your company?

Pay them more money, like DC did.