Michael Fassbender Reveals Why He Has "No Idea" If He'll Return To The X-MEN Franchise As Magneto

>During the recent press tour for Assassin's Creed, Michael Fassbender was asked about possibly reprising the role of Magneto, and it doesn't sound like Fox has reached out to him as of yet. "I don’t know to be honest," he admitted. "I haven’t made any sort of decision on it because I have no idea what’s happening next with the franchise to be honest."

So, what is gonna happen with the franchise? It seems to me like Fox will turn all their attention to Deadpool now, since it made so much money. I'm afraid this will turn into Deadpool & friends, especially once Jackedman is out.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/michael-fassbender-reveals-why-he-has-no-idea-if-hell-return-to-the-x-men-a147706
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

source comicbookmovie.com/x-men/michael-fassbender-reveals-why-he-has-no-idea-if-hell-return-to-the-x-men-a147706

If I recall Fassbender, McAvoy and JLaw all came in First Class together with a joint contract so if one returns they all have to.

It's a shame because McAvoy seems like he loves the franchise and would return if he could but it's really not up to him if the stuck up cunt JLaw and the bored Fassbender don't want to. That and the middling critical and financial success of Apocalypse and the left field smash success of Deadpool means it probably isn't happening.

I am hopeful that Ryan Reynolds has enough spine to fire the directors for not doing what he wants.

however, I expect Deadpool to be all they keep over the next decade... and the X-men will be scattered across the MCU history so magneto is the father of scarlet witch and quicksilver retroactively.

the gay Iceman is probably going to be the era we meet the mutants in the MCU in.

>a 16 year old cape franchise dies during a cape boom

Who could have predicted such a thing?

Honestly Fox doesn't need to until they're ready. It's not like he's got another franchise to take him away.

Marvel Studios swoops in and gets him to sign an exclusive contract.

Is no one else tired of Magneto and Charles fighting philosophical wars for the soul of Logan/Mystique?

Did we really need seven movies about that shit?

I could definitely see him in Star Wars.

A trilogy sure.

They even managed to have a single Superman movie without Lex Luthor.
Maybe we can one day get an X-Man film without Magneto in it.

A Man can dream.

When JLaw mentioned in an interview it didn't seem like Fassbender or McAvoy cared. They didn't say anything when JLaw mentioned it or seemed serious about it.

Not just Lex, a single Superman movie without Green Kryptonite, or at least one that was used against him.

Well, we had the "Kryptonian Atmosphere" McGuffin a couple of times in MoS, but there was no Kryptonite in Superman IV.

But we got Lex and had Lex voice his Kryptonian bio-Doomsday creation in IV.

agreed. they should be fighting over Scott's dick

He's got the alien prequel whateverthefuckthey are movies

I badly want a 90s movie.
Ideally featuring Onslaught but I'm not picky. Sinister would suffice.

>Honestly Fox doesn't need to until they're ready.
Won't rights revert even if they're not ready?

all those years of shitting the bed with X-Men and Fantastic Four films finally starting to catch up to them

Since you mentioned it - who would anons like him to play?

They have until like 2024 at the earliest. The Daredevil rights reverted 7 years after the last film. Logan comes out in 2017 so they most likely have until 2024.

IDK how it works for individual things though. Like does an Xmen movie count only things like Days of Future past or do they count Logan and Deadpool?

They're probably at a bit of a crossroads with where to go with this franchise now. Apocalypse didn't do too hot, so it's gonna be up in the air whether they continue with Singer and the cast they have now or do another soft reboot.

Also with Logan being Jackman's final time as Wolverine, it might be a good time to do a complete, back to the beginning reboot with Deadpool being the basis for a new "cinematic universe" with an entirely new cast.

>If I recall Fassbender, McAvoy and JLaw all came in First Class together with a joint contract so if one returns they all have to.
If that's true that's one of the most retarded contracts I've ever heard.

Fox's X-Men deal is most likely not based on time like the FF and others were, and even if it is all they have to do to keep the rights is have something in production. They're doing Logan and Deadpool 2 so they're pretty much set for at least another decade.

That's dissapointing, I was looking forward to more period pieces taking place in the 90s, 00s, and then a last one in the 10s coming out around 2020.

It'll be interesting to see how Current Year is portrayed in movies made in the future.

Stuff like this is annoying because it gives me hope that the rumors that Marvel and Fox are negotiating a Sony Spider-Man style deal are true, but I feel like I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

Why? All the marvel cucks want are Mags, Logan, and Deadpool

Are you implying that Marvel is snubbing X-Men characters in comics and other media because they hate them?

You realize they get snubbed and shit on BECAUSE Fox has the rights, right? They would have never tried to push Inhumans if they could get the X-Men rights back.

>Stuff like this is annoying because it gives me hope that the rumors that Marvel and Fox are negotiating a Sony Spider-Man style deal are true,
I literally never hope Marvel gets the rights. Fox has its problem but its got its own thing going on and I enjoy it, Competition is always a great thing too. Plus if they got the X-men underrated characters would never get the spotlight.

It seems like the main X-men movies are in hiatus but there is a script with the Phoenix Saga which is waaaay to early.

X23 and Jubilee team-up when?

Not just Lex or Kryptonite, we've managed to have two whole Superman movies without Superman

New Mutants movie is already confirmed. I bet only McAvoy will return to cameo as Prof X.

>if one returns they all have to
>if one doesn't want to come back the others can't come back

Motherfucker that makes no sense

It's so we don't have any more situations where an actor disappears and confuses the audience. Terrance Howard was a small role in Iron Man, imagine if they replaced Chris Evans now and acted like it was the same guy.

>If I recall Fassbender, McAvoy and JLaw all came in First Class together with a joint contract so if one returns they all have to.

No. The ACTORS have said this. It includes Nicholas Hoult too. They made a personal pact, nothing official. There is NOT A CONTRACT stipulating this. Please stop spreading bullshit.

McAvoy has been rumored to be in New Mutants.

>McAvoy has been rumored to be in New Mutants.

You just shat on that guy for posting about a rumor and then you do it.

McAvoy being in a New Mutants movie doesn't even make sense.

>>if one returns they all have to
>>if one doesn't want to come back the others can't come back

These are mutually exclusive

>You just shat on that guy for posting about a rumor and then you do it.

The actors saying they made an agreement in interviews is not a rumor. It's a confirmed "pact" they have claimed to made. Saying its a contract is a lie. Besides how stupid of a contract it would be. They never met before the film, those 4 characters arent connected... why would fox sign them to all appear? That's incredibly dumb, and its debunked as something j-law said anyway. Im baffled you think this makes sense and then......

>McAvoy being in a New Mutants movie doesn't even make sense.

...what? I mean....Right..... forgot..... thank you for the reminder of stupid a lot of you are.