>is more jumpsexy

The Librarian

Beverly buying tampons.

Beep beep Richie

>lake scene
>Pennywise signing on tv while Bowers kills his dad
>library scene
Pretty good kino all around tbqhwyfåm

I still don't understand why I laughed at that scene.

Pennywise watching Mike get attacked and waving Georges severed arm at him.

You're talking about The Bye Bye Man, aren't you?

Fat boy getting cut up by bullies

>"back to the weeds"

The kids confronting Pennywise.

Skarsgard was absolutely on point portraying the callousness and the subtle surprise and fear behind the entity.

Pennywise going limp and sliding away when nobody is in the room with him

Yeah that was genuinely great.

>Pennywise un-contorts himself from the inside of the fridge
>I was real enough for Georgie.

Were there really any jumpscares in this?

Can't remember any

NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO KILL THIS FUCKING CLOWN
Richie a best.

Lots of quick camera pans, and sudden Pennywise, but most of it you could see from a mile away.

AAAAHHHHH HELP ME CRIMSON KING
THESE KIDS HAVE BLUNT WEAPONS!!!!

GAZEBOS

>missing the point that belief is power not a physical weapon

because you did what the director wanted you to do. you dirty sheep.

These clubs seem pretty physical to me

They beat him because they believe they can, thats what IT fears. The implication that IT should be able to beat a punch of kids with "blunt weapons" is flawed. Eddie literally uses his inhaler to nearly kill IT in the book, and Stan just recites bird names to IT until it leaves him alone. But i'm pretty sure this is just baiting anyways so idk why i'm bothering.

So, basically, IT is the weakest creature ever and can be killed by a literal fart?
Whoa, what a scary monster

I mean yeah i think its a pretty weak element of the book desu, and in the film i never understood why he let them get away so much. I think the idea was that IT had basically just built Derry around it, and had become a part of every person there, so adults who didn't go in for the clowns and what-not thought nothing of IT, but it preyed on the kids who still had really simple fears like that, and were therefore easy targets.

As soon as kids stopped fearing this flesh-eating monster, it lost its power over them. It goes pretty much all out with its cosmic power, divide-and-conquer shit in the book as a last-ditched attempt, but they still overcome it, because they have a total belief that they can.

Idk though, i suppose it does seem pretty weak sometimes.

the beheaded dude walking towards ben was quite creepy desu

It's the worst kind of villain. Anyone who's ever tried doing something in a dream in their entire life before would instantly defeat IT because the only power it has is hoping to hell that whoever he's trying to catch doesn't think they can beat him.

If he's going after you and you're cornered, the moment you decide "fuck it even if I die I'll try to kill it with this plank" he basically loses any chance of actually killing you because the only thing on your mind is "fuck this guy I'll just beat him to death". The asspulls in the book just made that even more obvious.

I wont say that isn't a totally valid way of looking at it. Lots of coke involved in the writing of this book.

To be honest, i always read it as these kids being like chosen-one-esque, fantasy characters with an endorsement from the Turtle god thing.

Basically any scene with Richie

If i remember there's a part in the book where It wonders the same thing and guesses that the turtle is helping them

youtube.com/watch?v=HySTi61Apbc

When PW first talks to Georgie it was creepy asf, until the moment his mouth became very average cg and bit him. I literally sighed in dissapointment.

Georgie and Billy's dialogue in the sewers. That was the moment when I realized the entire movie would have been a lot fuckin' better if it had been a dramatic adventure with creepy elements (I.E. Pennywise in the sewer, in the grass outside the house, no retard CGI teeth/face) and had cut out the forced "horror" sequences.

What a waste.

Pennywise and Richie are definitely the high points of the movie, Richie is underused though

Gotta remember ITs victims are usually children with wild imaginations. To even get to the point of being able to fight it you cant be afraid of IT.
The Losers could defeat IT because they believed it had weaknesses because they were no longer afraid.
Its not as simple as "lol i think this hurts you so it does" as you seem to think it is.

>>Pennywise signing on tv while Bowers kills his dad
Yeah his scenes were great. From the scene his dad scared him to the scene when the evil wind caught him and he began to see the knife.

>Richie is underused
Only in that he has no skin in the game. He doesn't appear to be friends with anybody in the group, nor do they seem to reciprocate any imaginary friendship.

He's just a quipmaster. Even Pennywise doesn't give a fuck about this kid.

Based Finn

Because Richie ain't afraid of anything

>Afraid of a projector and the CGI muppet that exudes from it

That was a group scene though, not some personal fear like the others have

Georgie walkie talkie buzzing

All Richie scenes need heavy CGI so they cut it
Finn had to make up half the stuff for Richie

He said his fear is clowns. Pennywise didn't have to turn into anything for him.

>Pennywise un-contorts himself from the inside of the fridge
I know what you mean but i feel it's fragmented. I mean perhaps he had several moves that looked great but each move and swing was separated like he was doing it separately so it's not so great.

How was Pennywise able to kill Georgie without spooking him first?

>Opening scene (not a jumpscare, it was shocking but there was a clear buildup to it)
>Bev buying tampons from the creepy chemist
>Rock fight
>Cleaning the bathroom to The Cure
>Quarry scene
>"We're outsiders. You're either out here with us, or in there with them. And you won't know it until someone puts a bolt between your eyes."
>Finding the floating kids in the sewer
This film was great with tons of memorable scenes and comfy coming of age drama outside of the horror.

The child sex orgy

Georgie in the beginning.
Henry kills his father.
Henry cuts up piggy
lake scene
Pennywise doing the dance
Bev distracting pharmacist.

There's a lot of em. And there's less jump scares than people made it out to be. There's a lot of that jerky movement shit, but even that is used much more sparingly than people say.

What do you mean?

IT turns into your personal worst fear, however irrational it may be. Meaning it gets the drop on you everytime if you're alone, because you won't be able to shake off the fear. IT gets into trouble when it has to deal with groups of people, since your personal fear might be totally ineffective against or even arousing to your friends. That's why IT's so into divide and conquer tactics.

There's a funny passage in the book about Patrick Hockstetter's death. That guy feels no pain and is a solipsist, meaning he regards himself as the only real person in existence. Consequently, he fears next to nothing. When he encounters Pennywise, the latter's apparance shifts from one second to the next, puzzled and trying to discern a form that will scare him. The resulting effect looks like a melting wax man. IT eventually settles with just sucking him dry as a swarm of leech-mosquitoes.

>Georgie getting the paraffin from the basement
>Bill making the boat for Georgie
>Bev being bullied by the other girls
>Bev meeting Ben
>Bill turning the hamster tubes into a model of Dairy's sewer system

That was all in, what, the first 15-20 minutes? Should I go on?

I think Pennywise is a great villain because of this, he's simultaneously really OP and really weak. There seems to be no limits or rules on what he can transform into or conjure up so if he gets you alone you don't stand a chance, but if the victims learn some basic narrative lessons like friendship and self belief they can defeat him easily. Means we can get some really spooky scenes and a seemingly invincible villain and still have a satisfying resolution and character development.

every time Pennywise makes an aheagao face

I heard in the book there are chapters with Pennywise's perspective, I was kind of exciting for that. Too bad in the movie he's just a boring spoopy clown

It's only a few short sections near the end and there's not much to them other than showing that Pennywise is hurt and pissed off.

all good scenes
>Don't go girl! That's.. that's another new kids on the block song
Pretty relatable portrayal of a minor sperg-out in front of a qt, Hollywood always gets things like that wrong

>literally everything is exciting to me
Life must be a party for you.

He improved half of the dialogues and added some thing to the script

youtu.be/vc8Fnu1XhhA
The behind the scenes stuff is more memorable than the movie

is Henry an ok actor?

EGG BOY

can somebody post the orgy part from the books?

Just search the archive

what archive?

The creepy old lady watching Ben in the library was the spookiest scene.

The spookiest part of the library scene was the kids head in the tree. In 2017, things like gore and other shock value violence is really hard to be memorable. But for some reason, seeing that decapitated kid, along with the spooky music actually made my skin crawl. Something about violence against children is so haram so to just see a child's head lodged in a tree was actually unexpected. If I read the scene on paper I might cringe. But the way it was executed made it one of the most effective jump scares. The kind that isnt just meant to make you gasp from shock, but the kind that makes you feel goosebumps all over slowly.

The Sup Forums archive

What a cute

They are the worst passages. Pennywise just vents about being scared and confused, too revealing to be honest.

>I'm not real enough for you Billy? I was real enough for Georgie! *mocking grin*.

>Billy shoots what seems to be Georgie with a cattle bolt in the head.

>Scene with Pennywise in the flooded basement.

Pretty much creep kino mang

The Jedi archive.

>literally everything is boring to me
Life must be shitty for you.

Beep beep richie

>beavers trapping town
Very memorable line

the jig

This movie had a ton of memorable scenes, I remember pretty much every scare scene vividly.
>spooky painting girl
>pennywise waving georgie's arm
>pennywise contorting coming out of the fridge and then mocking eddie
>the deadlights and pennywise's mouth
>the final fight scene
>the library scene with the severed head and the librarian staring at ben
>the projector scene

>cleaning the bathroom to The Cure
this was one of the worst scenes to me. For one thing, that bathroom was so fucking covered in blood it would have taken all day to clean it and the scene just felt out of place.

this

also when he's fucking with Eddie after crawling out the fridge

also the fact that the librarian is just staring at him in the background. Stuff where you aren't sure if it's supposed to be scary but it is is the scariest shit, if you understand what I'm trying to say. Like in a horror film if you see something in the dark background moving and you are staring at it, unsure if it's a monster or just something innocuous, that's scarier than actually seeing a monster.

Why is this legal?

I watched that film as a comedy with my friends and had a great time. You people need to lighten up.

leave it to the fuckin girl character to get blood all over the fucking bathroom, and it's the only hallucination that requires any actual cleaning.

That saucy jaunt he does to Eddie after he says "Time to float"

Really felt like bill was channeling tim curry there.

>Don't you have any friends
>... Can I have the book now?

Finn was very wasted in this movie, Richie is still great, but he should be playing Bill or Eddie

Why does pennywise say "beep beep" to richie? Is this a reference I'm not getting?

In the book, this is a phrase the losers came up with to make Richie shut the fuck up when he took stuff too far.

Plebs don't know this, they don't use it properly in the movie.

When the bully gets the new knife

>IT turns into your personal worst fear, however irrational it may be

Pennywise's powers have been explained so many fucking times I don't know why people don't understand how he works.

He turns into what you're afraid of. Children's fears are more straightforward, that's why in the book he turns into Frankenstein, the Mummy, and Wolfman.

He doesn't turn into "irrational" fears at all. His powers are very simple, outside of the cosmic stuff.

Based Richie and Stanley stole the movie.

fucking liar. this is not a bag full of skittles, its regular popcorn. asshat cinema. i want 6 pounds of skittles! goddamn.

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
OH NO NO NO

It's skittles flavoured popcorn

This scene was as bad in theaters as it was in the webms you niggers keep posting.

A shame too, since the actual intro in his lair is really good, with the jack in the box and everything. This weird dance really felt out of place.

I feel like the scene could have been changed very slightly and executed a lot better.

mother of god! if your words are true, i know where my heartattack will come from.

You just know

>could have been changed slightly and executed a lot better
that goes for the whole movie user

As much as this gets posted it sure gets like no likes or views.