>>GOTG2 and Spider-Man Homecoming coming out soon
>>Thor 3 done filming.
>>So much talk about Infinity Wars
>>Black Panther about to start filming
>>Even Captain Marvel gets talked about on here
>>No discussion about Ant-Man and Wasp

Ant-Man and Wasp thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It will be full quips and have cameos, what's there to discuss?

Well, what the hell are they going to do?

Really looking forward to this one. Mostly because of Wasp and the duo dynamic. The only villains I can think of that might work are MODOK or Whirlwind

Rescue Janet from the Microverse.

>forgetting Egghead
C'mon man, it's not like Ant-man has that many villains to choose from that you could forget one of his like 3 villains.

I still can't believe Paul Rudd is Ant-man, not that he's bad for the role, but it's such a weird casting.

the black panther movie doesnt excite me at all.

I dont know the plot but I know it's going to be on the lines of all black cast of heroes fighting against a white villain.

>main villain is M'Baku
How does it feel being a retard that makes baseless assumptions?

Heist to break into the Quantum Realm

if marvel has any respect for their fans, they'll bring this guy back for them to fight

But he has nothing to do with Pym in MCU, Tony is responsible for creating him.

I hope that since the first one proved there's an audience they play this one less "safe" and generic.

But it's Marvel Studios so it probably won't.

also Martin Freeman is going to be in it so double wrong

gonna bomb

I'm actually pretty excited for this movie, more than Homecoming and Thor 3 to be honest.

>MCU film
>bombing

Focusing on Pym/Ultron wouldn't be a very good story any way for a Scott/Hope movie. Id prefer Ultron over yet another superfluous throw away villain.

I like the idea of a giant Ultron fighting Giant-man. AoU was going to have the ultron bots and pile together and make a giant robot. That could be used in an ant-man/wasp movie. Im not sure how you could bring him back storywise that would tie to Scott, Janet and so on.

I thought Klaw was the main Black Panther villain. Sometimes Namor.

>Id prefer Ultron over yet another superfluous throw away villain

but that's exactly what MCU Ultron is

Ant Man already got the superior Ultron with Cross

What if Darren Cross is alive and merges with Ultron in the quantum realm?!?!

What if Darren Cross...becomes MODOK

But which cameos are we going to have in GotG 2, Ant Man & Wasp, and Black Panther?

It cannot always be Iron Man.

I would rather see Vision in Ant Man somewhere,

Well the last one had black flying man that everyone forgets is one of the Avengers. They could bring him back.

What if they actually introduced other characters through the cameo. Do not give them an origin, just have something like Wonder Man appear for a few scenes in Ant Man and Wasp, then give him a solo movie with origin later if it works? It could be a decent way to get a few more random guest heroes in without testing the waters with a whole movie that fans might not even like.

I hope Vision cameos in Spider-man as well. It feels weird its just Tony. Though they'll likely keep any Vision cameo secret and are plugging tony to ensure people know it's MCU and has their golden boy and shit.

How long til Cassie becomes Stature?

I really hope Bucky isn't in Black Panther. I would be so annoyed if the trailer ends with
>>"We need help!"
>>"I know just the person"
>>Cuts to Bucky taking down people
>>Fangirls squeal

>It's a Cosmic Abstracts episode

Guys, it's the Thanos interquel.
Unless they nick MODOK's cosmic cube storyline I daresay they'll be doing something a little more ambitious.

>M'Baku
Since fucking when? Link?
Killmongah's the villain. Still a black guy but a fair sight less problematic than the one in the gorilla costume.

Welp, adding this one to the giantess folder.

>if marvel has any respect for their fans
Marvel Entertainment =/= Marvel Studios, comicfags =/= MCUfags.

You're not writing nor directing this, Whedon.

>sandwiched between Thanos movies
>bombing

Jack of Hearts

He is, typically. The MCU cucked him something fierce. Ultronfags have no fucking right to bitch.

>, just have something like Wonder Man
user, as a Simonfag: give up. If Vision didn't seal that coffin Gunn's wacky easter egg hunt did.

Just like the first one did, amirite?

user Sup Forums latest definition of "bomb" as applies to MCU movies is "sub-1.5 billion", don't even bother.

>implying it won't need at least a billion to break even

It didn't do great.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
>Reported budget: $170 Million
>Actual Budget: $232 Million (forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/)
>Domestic: $333,176,600
>Worldwide: $773,312,399
>Budget was 30% of Worldwide Gross

Suicide Squad (2016)
>Production Budget: $175 million
>Domestic: $324,390,552
>Worldwide: $744,890,552 (Not released in China, the second largest movie market in the entire world.)
>Budget was 23% of Worldwide Gross

Iron Man (2008)
>Production Budget: $140 million
>Domestic: $318,412,101
>Worldwide:$585,174,222
>Budget was 24% of Worldwide Gross

Iron Man 2 (2010)
>Production Budget: $200 million
>Domestic: $312,433,331
>Worldwide: $623,933,331
>Budget was 32% of Worldwide Gross

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
>Production Budget: $170 million
>Domestic: $259,766,572
>Worldwide: $714,421,503
>Budget was 24% of Worldwide Gross

Doctor Strange (2016)
>Production Budget: $165 Million
>Domestic: $222,267,273
>Worldwide: $647,323,994
>Budget was 25% of Worldwide Gross

Thor:The Dark World (2013)
>Production Budget: $170 million
>Domestic:$206,362,140
>Worldwide:$644,602,516
>Budget was 26% of Worldwide Gross

Thor (2011)
>Production Budget: $150 million
>Domestic: $181,030,624
>Worldwide: $449,326,618
>Budget was 33% of Worldwide Gross

Ant-Man (2015)
>Production Budget: $130 million
>Domestic: $180,202,163
>Worldwide: $519,445,163
>Budget was 25% of Worldwide Gross

Captain America:The First Avenger (2011)
>Production Budget: $140 million
>Domestic: $176,654,505
>Worldwide: $370,569,774
>Budget was 38% of Worldwide Gross

The Incredible Hulk (2008)
>Production Budget: $150 million
>Domestic: $134,806,913
>Worldwide: $263,427,551
>Budget was 57% of Worldwide Gross

I can't even tell if you're joking.
That's how far it's gone.

Well obviously it's not the most popular one, but it still didn't bomb.

It made 4x it's budget...

>Scaht, Hope, Hank Pym and Luís build a sort of spaceship that lets them shrink without causing them problems like the suit
>They go on a microverse adventure fighting monsters and an evil re-imagining of micronauts trying to find Janet
>They never bicker at each other and are actually a pretty great team. They work together like a family, and they solve their problems thinking rather than fighting

The movie is called The Antastic Four

a movie needs to make at least 17x its budget to keep the studio from imploding, educate yourselves

Given how I expect it to handle Infinity War fallout & Infinity Kerfuffle lead-in this is actually really fitting.

>someone with enough autism took the time to make this

It made more money then all the first wave of Marvel movies except Ironman.

You're forgetting Psycho Man.

If God truly loves me, he'll give me a giantess Wasp scene

The way I thought leaving the theater was that Darren Cross would still be alive in the Microverse as a skinless blob of flesh, and would try to reform as something humanoid like his appearance in the comics.

Ant-Man doesn't really have that many other villains unless you adapt Spencer or Kirkman's comics (which unfortunately won't happen) or count Ultron.

FF villain.
Probably with their rights too.

>giant wasp
>she wears pants

What fun is that? If God loves us he'll have giant wasp in a skirt.

I just really like this costume, that's all.

Pfft. Prude.
Ideally she'd wear regular clothes.

I think forgetting that mistake would be biggest respect they could show.

No user, longtime Ant-Man villain.

go be casual elsewhere.

if God loves ME, Hope and Jan will switch places and we can get live action Waspfu

If Dr.Strange is any sign of where the MCU is going its that the villains will be even more obscure and more of a throw away. We'll see another shrinking villain.... maybe whirldwind? I mean after giant-man in CW we have to be getting something big for scott to fight in his movie at least once. Would not surprise me to see this happen. Peyton Reed was a little against giant-man in CW cause he wanted to do that moment himself. Though.... he does get a chance of doing that with Wasp. Reed is super enthusiastic about all this stuff. I really hope he gives us the goods. He gave us Janet, Quantum Realm, I have faith he'll do right in many ways, but Disney/Marvel doesn't give a fuck about villains, so there's little Hope there.

Why did you put Suicide Squad in there?

They just pointed out he is an FF villain and dis may not have the rights. We don't know that and its a distict possibility cause.... he's totally an FF villain. Stop being obtuse and rude, settle and be more bro, this an ant-man topic, don't come walking in with a big head about things.

>They find Janet who hasn't aged a single year in the microverse
>Once back to regular size she leaves Hank and starts dating Tony, who ends up getting more screentime than Hank.

Who should play Janet?

>mfw

Marvel declared Ant-Man a financial success and announced the sequel within a month of the movie's debut.

Not too sure how obscure they really are. Most of the better known Marvel villains are tied to Spider-Man, FF, and X-Men.

First appearance was Fantastic Four. Most appearances were Fantastic Four.
No John; you are the casual. You go.

Well, Douglas might not even make it to the 2nd film on cancer alone.

for sure. Marvel has some decent villains, but they have all these solo movies to fill in. They'll save their more recognizable ones for avengers or cap/IM/spider-man movies. They could beg fox for somebody, but again, that'll be for a bigger movie. I think we'll continue to see disposable forgettable villains for years to come for things like antman 3 or Black panther 2 and so on. We're going to get Melter and Goliath and Zodiac and all kinds of C, D to F list villains.

Just stop. Uninformed jackasses like you are the reason the rest of us get called racist when we bitch about race Swapping characters and forced dicersity.

go back to Sup Forums

Dr Strange was a special case. I'm convinced they want a new Loki for the post-Thanos MCU but realized comic Mordo is wayyyyyyyy too one note shitastic to make it work. So they reshuffled some things; Kaecillius was comic Mordo in all but name, whilst Mordo's this complex hodgepodge of several other Dr Strange characters.

Go back to sucking my fat cock, and speak only when spoken to.

...Or, you know, Ant-Man & Black Panther villains.

y'sir masa

>Implying that anyone else than Catherine Zeta-Jones, wife of Michael Douglas, could play Janet
>They could even use argument that as in the subatomics time does not move, she didn't aged, thus not having any problem about age gap

Meanwhile his father recently reached 100.

I want to see a Symbiote in the Collectors room

Wtf I want to be demolished by this pussy

I share your view on not being exited for the movie. Mostly because I don't read black panther, but the movie has to do one simple thing to win me over.

Have the first trailer play with black skinhead,make it go with the beat of the movie. Go full blaxploitation,big budget blaxploitation and I will drag all my friends to the movie and buy two tickets per individual

Watch Luke Cage. Your friends, too. That's the shit you want. And it's GLORIOUS.
I have never heard of or seen a blaxploitation movie quite like Black Panther. It's Kirby's FF/Cap/Thor-style wacky scifi by filtered through traditional African culture & aesthetic instead of American. Pair that with the director they've hired and you should expect something a lot more self-serious.

Wouldn't it be great if Marvel gets the Micronauts back?

I'm sad enough that we may never get Man-Thing or Captain Britain let's not pile on more pipe dreams.

So like... literally no one?

Yea, and Yellowjacket was a good Ultron. Maybe we'll see decent villains. The villain of the week has to stop. Luthor, Joker, Magneto, Vader, Voldemort, people like villains and MCU offers so little. We should have an Earth based reoccurring villain. Zemo, Ross....Ultron? Someone needs to fill that role as the turd that won't flush.

BP easily has enough villains to fill 3 movies, don't be a cheeky knt.
Ant-Man has had a fraction of the comics but still introduced a surprising amount during his 60s ongoing days. Plus Tasky.

>Suicide Squad

Aren't most BP villains just avengers/captain america villains?

>17x

That's astronomically stupid.

I don't even know where you got that impression.

Probably because he does fight a lot of Cap villains and is on the avengers. Saying he fights avengers villains is.... kind of a duh. He has villains that really align to being "his" though. Like klaw, man-ape and a dozen other characters tied to Wakanda.

I kinda just want Hope van Dyne movies and Scott bouncing around in supporting roles in MCU movies

Klaw, Killmonger & Man-Ape are the top 3. Man-Ape was introduced in a Panther-centric Avengers story, since he didn't have his own solo series at the time. But once he did, the first issue was a reprint of that story.
Besides therm there's Kiber, Malice, Prey, Killmonger's Sentai-tier array of minions, Zanda, the Klu Klux Klan, the entire nation of Niganda, and several that Priest's 60 issue run alone introduced (Machabe, Hunter, a second Malice etc).

Yeah T'challa's foes are generally Wakanda related somehow

Well I'm sure the Kirby run got wild

That's not going to happen you fucking moron. Well the first part might but not the second part.

It's a meme started by assblasted DCCU fans when people pointed out BvS underperformed at the box office. Best to just ignore it.