ITT: Retarded designs in movies

ITT: Retarded designs in movies

Post anything from movies that were designed by an autistic 10 year old.

You start.

Most of the vehicles from Fury Road. For a universe that started based on lack of oil, there's no shortage of gas guzzling cars that are modified to be as heavy as possible with non necessities.

it's stylistically designed to be that way and you can't undo that, but you can diminish the effects of it

ye nearly all madmax vehicles, while they are cool, they are bad design for post-apoc fuel usage

the only exception are helicopter from mm2 road warrior and plane from mm3 thunderdome, as these can travel a lot with possibly little fuel usage compared to guzling V8s

>diminish
There's a giant fucking car that is weighed down with hundreds of pounds of speakers that shoots fire (complete waste of oil) which sole purpose is for a warboy to riff on a guitar which would be difficult to hear over the roar of a dozen cars around you

Aircraft fuel is not interchangeable with car fuel, so if they just found one decent sized stash and used the aircraft sparingly they could make it last for a long time.

You can literally see the rubber molding of the arms. How has practical effects fallen so fucking hard since the 80s?

>RUBBERCOP

Mad Max doesn't give a shit about logic.
>water is very scarce
>immortan Joe knows this
>decides the most efficient way to give away water is just dumping it on the ground and letting people catch whatever falls from the sky

This. I wish they portrayed Immortan Joe as a wise and practical instead of overly tyrannical.

Then again, when the Citadel had women in charge at the end, they just turned the water on non-stop without a thought to how much there actually was.

"Water is infinite, right? It comes out of the ground like magic."

I fucking despise hero costume designs now.

Never forget that Fury Road was written with a 50+ year old Mel Gibson in mind, and Max being in his 30s doesn't make sense. If he remembers the time before the fall, then Furiousa and everybody else his age should too.

Lol

Who done it better

Where can I get one?

I always hated this ugly-as-shit logo design. Pretty much every single thing in DCEU movies are ugly and depressing.

There's a scarcity of gold on the planet earth. It is valuable and always in high demand.

Which is PRECISELY why kings, emperors, popes, and the opulently wealthy tend to have a lot of it. They decorate with it, adorn themselves with it, and use it in a lot of frivolous ways just to show off.

It's the same with the powers-that-be in the Mad Max universe. The warlords use a lot of gas in gas guzzling heavy vehicles as a means to demonstrate their power, prestige, and wealth.

And since the warlords/raiders use fast powerful gas guzzling engines, any man who wishes to fight them or get away from them must as well.

So despite the scarcity of gasoline, the fuel efficient 4 cylinders and V6s are rendered obsolete.

Essentially the same logic as their usage of gasolineTreating such a precious resource in such a casual and wasteful way is a demonstration of power.

makes a bit of sense actually.

Pacific Rim 2

whats wrong with it?

It suffers from the DUDE POLYGONS LMAO meme that all designs now go for.

Except gold isn’t a necessity to life but a luxury. Good try, but your wall of text reeks of high school essayist pseudo intellectual. Perhaps go try your hand at writing youtube video essays. That’s more at your level.

This lightsabre poses a bigger threat to the user than it does to any opponent.

not when you know how to use it

t. retard

Anything can happen in the heat of battle. You could raise it up to your face in defense and accidentally melt your own face off with those exhaust ports.

Retarded design that was only approved because of the "christian cross" symbolism.

Nice argument. Brainlet.

This is probably because the air is shit to breathe in his world, most people straight up wear masks in Los Angeles.

Jesus.

this is why knights always used to beat their own faces with their crossguards back in the day

oh wait, that never happened

Are you genuinely this retarded or were you just trolling? One crossguard was made of hard metal, whereas the other is made of red-hot plasma shooting outwards. It doesn't even need to directly touch you for it to burn you.

Oil isn't essential for life either you dumbwit

Whats wrong with his body ?

Fucing kek. Every single thing about that movie looks awful.

Did you see any trees around? What would they use for heat? Or cooking? Retard.

He was obese as a child and teenager and played too many video games. Fucked his back up

what's wrong with his shirt you mean?

You know it's autistic when you see people justifying this recycled design by saying "but in real life new fighter jets look like the ones we used 30 years ago". Bonus autism points if they name some actual jet model and add some buzzword insult at the end.

Coal and natural gas

>most people straight up wear masks in Los Angeles
are they big guys?

The generic alien hovercrafts found in many SciFi movies.

Seriously, the Noaln movies were just one huge shit sandwich as far as design was concerned. Everything was so bland and un-Batmanly, it's like they tried as hard as possible to hide that it was adapted from a comic-book.

this is a production image. his suit was modified with cgi

annihilated

Umm no sweetie.
Kylo is a highly trained Sith lord who knows how to use his weapon.
>Parries a strike
>Lets opponents light-saber slide along his
>*Adjusts morpheus glasses
>"Nothing personell kid"
>With a flick of the wrist twists saber
>Fucking Count Dookus the shit out of his foe's hands
>"DO IT"
>Cuts off his opponents head
Fucking epic

Well, they didn't need any CGI in the 80s.

I really hate how it magically turns into a bike.

This, it's almost like they made it to sell toys but it doesn't look like it was really a kids' movie.

the only reason the Tumbler looked like that is because Nolan has a hard on for Blade Runner and it came full circle when he literally put a Blade Runner car in The Dark Knight Rises.

if you don't think that random amalgamation of metal is a stupid design, you're retarded

its like some kids traced JP logo and turn it into a dino

???

>split the windshield for no fucking reason
>zero rear window visibility
>incredibly blocky, wind-ramming bottom side, despite having "aero panel" spoilers on the top
the worst part though?
>all-season street tire tread on the front, monster truck bullshit tires on the back
>FOR A FUCKING ROAD CAR

This will sell many many toys. It's a winning formula.

user... the Jurassic Park logo is a T-Rex.

>it's stylistically designed to be that way and you can't undo that, but you can diminish the effects of it

Te fucking robots from Interstellar. Dumbest design ever.

>zero rear window visibility
cameras? also the thing was designed for jumping over the Yangtze river and nothing else

But we saw what X-Wings looked like in the PT. Now we're seeing them in the ST as well. Face it, people like X-wings so the creators of Star Wars (GL and now Disney) made X-Wings important in all eras. If you want to get mad at a recycled design look no further than a FO TIE Fighter. It's literally just a regular TIE with a new paintjob.

Why was the water so level and the bottom so smooth?

>Why was the water so level
thats how water works

>but in real life new fighter jets look like the ones we used 30 years ago

They do though. Hell, Harriers are 50 years old, compare one with an F-35. And those are jets made by different companies, using different technologies. The only main aesthetic differences are that the F-35 is a little more angular and edgy and has a mid-mount tapered wing vs. the Harrier's high-mount swept-back wing.

They do though.

I had a toy of this as a kid. That design actually confused the fuck out of me.

The TIE fighters of TFA are basically an insult to the viewers. But I think the Episode 3 not-X wings were way better than the TFA ones, at least they changed the design more than just splitting the turbines in half.

Who cares you autist? It's Star Wars, not real life.

So why are YOU complaining about it? I'm not the one being made mad by Star Wars, I'm being made mad by your autism, which is entirely natural.

Oh sorry user, I didn't realize

There's no point in explaining it to you I guess.

Get a poz load of this high IQ individual

no moon so no tides
no/weak air current so smaller waves
not far out to sea so water isnt deep enough for large waves
could just be a calm day

just give up user

No, I could never understand your unfettered aspie madness

and what is going to fuel the machines to obtain those? idiot

you realize its an actual vehicle they built and its functional?

nothing, it's the way he positioned his arms, he wants to show off, should just have them by his side

I'm pretty sure in fury road at least there is no shortage of oil, only a shortage of water

checked

We eat those in my country.
Pretty good too.

>The TIE fighters of TFA are basically an insult to the viewers.

Sure, manchild. Keep playing with your fighter jet toys.

But gold is not a consumable, and can be really recycled.

>Like tears, in rain...

They used stop motion, matte paintings and miniatures which is CGI equivalent.

>which is CGI equivalent.

If I use a screwdriver for a task and then you used a hardened piece of dogshit that doesn't make hardened dogshit an equivalent to a screwdriver, user.

>sir, we need a new ship for the bad guys
>say no more
*right clicks on image*
*invert colors*

My understanding was that oil isn't scarce its just difficult to obtain and refine.

You forgot
>add a small patch of red metal to it so it seems new
That's literally all they did with c3po as well.

>imperial remnants use modified imperial starfighters

sword guards are designed to block a sword that slides over the blade into it
Imagine what happens when you slide a lightsaber at the guard?

30 years later though.
Also it's star wars so aesthetics > logic.