I went back and paid for them

>I went back and paid for them

With what? They have no source of income.

Gems are cunts.

A thread died for this. Probably a less shitty one at that.

If someone pays you by having sex with you does that mean you can pay a store for something by having sex with it?

At the same time they have little use for money, so any wealth they do accumulate they hoard

tears

Greg gives them what money he has. Hence why he lives in a van.

Greg. Pretty much any question involving the CGs and money always comes back to Greg.

Steven is a buttslut

Feeding a teenager is usually a few hundred a month. They also have to pay an electric bill, and their temple has a lot of human made products like the fridge.

>sends them money to raise his child
>they use it on stupid shit
>doesn't even get to live with them
Literally moneycucked.

Well, until he becomes filthy rich and it ceases to matter so much.

Greg Paid for all of this. Gem's job was to help Steven learn how to use his power and protect the Earth from Homeworld and Corrupted gems.

We have seen their temple, it look like they have accumulated some riches. Pearl probably gave a few shiny and told them to keep the change.

Yeah I don't check why he has to live separately from his own kid just because he's in training. It's not like the house part of the temple is dangerous.

>It's not like the house part of the temple is dangerous.
I am pretty sure Steven nearly died at least three times in the house part of the temple.

He doesn't want to deal with magic stuffs. Also, The Gem need none of the human's good. So all of the money he send them probably go to Steven anyway.

he stated it himself he won't deal with Magic Stuff and he know it can be dangerous He know the gems will protect Steven but he doesn't want to get in the way.

I mean, he lives within walking distance anyway, and can come whenever, it's not like he is forbidden to see Steven either.

Do the gems take care of Steven for free?

To be fair I'm sure Greg has almost died just by being in close proximity to his son a good few times. Also he lost a boat.

>They also have to pay an electric bill
What makes you think they don't have some kind of magical generator?
Have you seen any power lines going to steven's house?

It's a important lesson to teach little boys about child support.

Fair point. They did have to babysit him a lot when he broke his leg.

Remember when Steven asked Garnet about how the Washer works set up on the hand of the temple?

They can use magic to send electricity and water to that machine. Who's to say that they don't do that through the whole house?

>What makes you think they don't have some kind of magical generator?
In "Keeping It Together", Steven outright ask how the washing machine and the drier can work when they are just thee on the hand. And Garnet reply "Magic". So I suspect the power source might come directly from the temple with some tweak. Garnet can generate electricity, after all.

Probably not even that. With the arcade machine, Garnet zapped it once and it was suddenly able to work without a battery or external power. the magic probably bypasses the need for electricity in the first place.

ANd Pearl's room has showed they have running water for the temple. So that's solved too.

I got the idea that Greg paid for everything. And this is why he has a job but no money, no clothes, and lives in a van.

have there been an comics or cartoons about superheroes using their powers for monetary pursuits? but like not in a "become a gangster and build a crime empire" type stuff I'm thinking something more mundane

like the Flash for instance. dude could make a killing just cleaning lawns

>dude could make a killing just cleaning lawns
>Flash starts a lawn mowing business
>suddenly illegal immigration takes a major hit

It's funny because the Gem could probably find precious (inert) stones or metals and fund everything just fine.

>have there been an comics or cartoons about superheroes using their powers for monetary pursuits?
Green Lantern.

>Selling things that look just like your friends and loved ones if they were in a coma.

>With what?

Their bodies.

>every black person is made up of two lesbian midgets
This show has taught me so much.

Because Greg doesn't want to be around magic craziness.

lol

I would love to see that the source of the water is pearls room canon.