How come they don't make shows like this anymore?

How come they don't make shows like this anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CWaNSfkWb6s
youtube.com/watch?v=HBQXugKu8L4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_threat#Failures_to_replicate_and_publication_bias
psychologytoday.com/blog/rabble-rouser/201512/is-stereotype-threat-overcooked-overstated-and-oversold
youtube.com/watch?v=w6NKIvPybZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because people are so cynical they think they're too smart for optimism and cynicism. So instead you get stuff like the Office or Modern Family which is both and neither at the same time. This is also why Superman movies are unwatchably dour and Iron Man Movies unwatchably smug.

1. Money. Less people watch shit on cable/network or even Netflix or Youtube. There is no consistent platform where people can watch something easily. After a customer is screwed with strange time switches, costly subscriptions, dropped shows, or sudden Google blacklisting, it just becomes way easier to simply pirate. This means there is little money in new unproven shows where creativity thrives.

2. It's not the 1990s. What would Daria be like with smartphones. Think about that. That's why a show like this can't exist today.

If this was on today, Sup Forums would be complaining about how the 2 black kids are smart and the white cheerleader and white quarterback are dumb.

Cheed's Breed and Bleed?

cant. it breeds contempt for the status quo and we cant afford to have another occupy wallstreet movement. big banks pay TV execs to turn down projects like these now

>Kids always talking on the home phone and going to each other's houses when they want to talk/hang out

Wouldn't make any sense these days lad

I've started watching Daria on Sup Forums suggestion and that is the first thing I've noticed, smart ppl in Daria are always minorities, artsy fags, liberals while everything that belongs to the "white" environment is dumb or straight evil. No wonder many 30some are libtards now, the brainwashing back in the days was huge, thank God now we're easy on calling out propaganda thanks to all the redpilling.

>negro doesn't rape anyone
>daria doesn't do coke
>quinn not fucking and sucking every night

It would be laughed at today for not being gritty and realistic.

Here's a sneak peak from the reboot.

Young Millenials (25 and under) aren't nearly as lazy and cynical as older millenials (26-35).

>Daria, Tom Green Show, Sifl & Olly, Spring Break, The Grind, actual music videos

>Young fags will never know the kino that was MTV during the late 90s.

>Daria and Jane aren't smart

Also Tom, and Helen

And their gook principal is the most morally repugnant character in the show

but i'm sure he won't let facts influence his opinion

>Implying they arent the usual libtard smartass self insert characters

Here's your (You) good goy

They're literal children

I miss old cartoons
youtube.com/watch?v=CWaNSfkWb6s

don't give anyone any ideas

What about a Beavis and Butthead reboot with smartphones and social media, and they should dress t-shirts of modern equivalent bands like Paramore and Green Day, pretty nifty idea huh?

wasn't that good

Why didn't Daria and Jane become lesbians?

Because it wasn't the 2010s where being a lesbian is cool and you can get away with poorly writing a character if they're gay

The Asian headmaster is literally the most evil and opportunistic character in the show, then you have the crazed, man-hating feminist who is a walking stereotype, the closeted homo English teacher who is like Alan Watts on estrogen, the fat woman who is constantly made fun of, etc. The black kids aren't really smart, they're just dedicated and goal-oriented, which mimics how many non-hood black teenagers were expected to be during the 90s. Daria herself is presented as the typical pretentious bookish nerd who acts like a fucking know-it-all, yet gets constantly reminded that she's just a childish snob with unrealistic expectations towards people. Kevin and Brittany aren't the smartest tools in the shed, but often offer compassionate support to others (which can't be said about Daria), even though they're just sheltered trophy socialites with helicopter parents, etc.

You really didn't pay enough attention to the show, user.

I don't care what y'all say, Daria is my nigga

There was even one episode where Jane rejects the advances of an artsy lesbian chick who is literally forcing herself on Jane and keeps telling her that she's lesbian but doesn't want to admit it. This would be seen as anti-LGBT if it were aired today.

>tom green
almost tricked me nigga

Curious about your opinion - was the second feature length movie necessary, or did they pull off an End of Evangelion?

and they like rap also but only that old school stuff

Rick and Morty is the Daria of this generation - an okay show that goes into why being very smart is a curse and not a good thing but that has a following of idiots that think they are the central character cursed with their high intellect.

Sold it! And we gave the show to someone really funny and edgy like... Seth McFarlane! Who will voice both! And in the interludes they won't make comments on MTV videos but they will do reactions FineBros style on viral videos on youtube!
t. producer

fucking clairboyant

see this specimen:

What about an End of Evangelion/Daria crossover?

Best father

At first this offended me but the more I think about it, it's accurate

You should be sterilised.

Best Girl

>Sifl & Olly

Millennials are 1982-1995. Most of us are over 25

>Daria, of all people, going along with the status quo
c'mon now

>tfw no daria gf

Liberals were always for the status quo, conservatives were always the only chance for real progress in human development

Did you see that fake "Daria" movie trailer College Humor did with her? youtube.com/watch?v=HBQXugKu8L4

The actress playing Jane is hot af.

Are you literally retarded? Even the word "conservative" implies conserving/protecting some kind of tradition/older values. How is that "progress"?

Surface level comparison. Daria and Jane were better written; any self satisfaction felt as a result of their perceived intelligence was continually mocked - albeit with subtlety. Nothing about Rick & Morty is subtle: Rick can essentially do no wrong (even his mistakes are construed as "deep" and "amazing"), and the duo barely function as actual characters. Daria and Jane would both make fun of Rick and Morty as a show, and they'd be right to do so.

Rick and Morty is the Invader Zim of this generation

Because Daria was the anti-SJW and hated everything modern feminism stood for

She was also misanthrope and didn't hold any political or religious views so she's definitely wouldn't it fit in today's cancerous society

I wonder what her feet smell like?

It makes Jane question herself for a moment but she realizes that it's just mind games from the other chick and she gets rightfully upset.

This. Daria was pure neutral on most stances, particularly politics and religion. She was an atheist but superstitious, and acknowledged that problems are what need to be solved, not party affiliations. Also she was very anti-participation trophy, supported meritocracy, and was a legitimate non-racist, which is hard to find in virtue signalling liberal crowds today.
Jodie was absolutely smart; she and Daria were probably of the same intelligence, but Jodie's dad forced her to apply herself because of the pressure of stereotype threat. Daria could bum around the house when she wasn't at school and quietly shuffle about acing her classes, and even not take college particularly seriously, because her parents weren't going to consider her a failure for it, while Jodie's are so self-conscious about their race that they definitely would.

>progress isn't a spook

>stereotype threat
wouldn't she realise that wasn't real, what with being smart?

Stereotype threat is real. It has observable behavioral effects.

>Stereotype threat is real
lmao how are u posting from 2004?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_threat#Failures_to_replicate_and_publication_bias

psychologytoday.com/blog/rabble-rouser/201512/is-stereotype-threat-overcooked-overstated-and-oversold

Wow did anyone tell Netflix that some tumblr hack ripped off Diane from Bojack Horseman?

Ayy I stand corrected, the effects seem negligible.
Thanks for calling me out, user. Now I won't keep spreading misinfo.

How is daria not proto cynicism?
She is sarcastic 24/7 and the only thing that salvages this is that the show has some positive messages.

But the central message is people are so self absorbed it doesn't even matter what you say or do. As long as it doesn't affect them they don't care. This is true for her peers and her parents. She herself is a jealous and pretentious as well.i watched d this recently and made it to s3 but just could stand her constant sarcasm and cynicism anymore.

no problem user errybody got a zombie 'fact' or 2 in their noggin

This is true but it's only one side of the coin. They also show the shit sides of the so called good characters and the good sides of the shallow and dumb ones. It is way more groundet in reality in that regard. Also that crazy and openly man hating woman who was left by her former husband trope would not be allowed to day.

Jake is /ourguy/

But the principal always did her sketchy shit in the interest of the school.

Actually it was in her own self-interest and usually at the expense of the students.

For example, the Ultra Cola episode

Which she viewed as an extension of herself/as her career. I mean, sure, the student all gained a lot that way, but her ethics were questionable.

Daria behavior is understandable.
Even her fkn parents act like positive emotion drones. The father is a dummy and the mother is extremely self centered (like her sister)

What justification does reddit and memey have for their garbage ? Muh evrything is meaningless when I am called out, otherwise I do what I want.

This idiot is so fkn anoying.
If daria had a brother he would be a proto cuck

You are just to young to know what the status quo was in the 90s.

he had the best song in the musical episode
youtube.com/watch?v=w6NKIvPybZE

t. person less than 30 years old

Ah yea. You are right. I didnt pay much attention to her since she was annoying af.

>fkn
>fkn
GET OUT YOU NIGGER

>Comparing Bjork to ANYBODY!

Because the kind of girls Dari and Jane were are mythical.