What is the future for Kamala?

What is the future for Kamala?

On the one hand, her book is pulling cancellation numbers at best, but on the other hand, she's one of the only moderately successful new Marvel characters in ages. She's also the only Inhuman to reach any level of success, which is impressive because the vast majority of the world is repulsed by even the classic Inhumans nowadays. And since the Inhuman's are the property Marvel sees as one of their most important, that means she's pretty valuable to them.

With that in mind, where will she be in five or ten years? Will she be shuffled off to the side and stuffed into weird teams that are quickly cancelled and reinvented like other old teen characters, like Jubilee, or killed off and forgotten like tons of other relics? Or will she somehow pull out of this slump she's in and become a respectable B- or C-lister in the future?

>her book is pulling cancellation numbers at best
No? It's selling 24k (thanks CWII), which while not great isn't "cancellation numbers."

Kept alive because even though she isn't selling books, as a brand and character she's still potentially lucrative. May lose her solo and simply end up as team fodder that reminds people she exists.

>(thanks CWII)

This. Is there a single book Civil War didn't hurt?

There are only two potential ends to teen characters:

>reinvention and dilution into something weird and irrelevent (you mentioned Jubilee, which is a good example)
>fed into the meat grinder during events to show that "shit got real."

Uncanny inhumans outsells her in floppies user. Don't let echo chamber fool you into thinking she does super well.

Joins ISIS

I don't understand why the fuck Marvel would make CWII. People don't go out to read the Marvel comics after seeing the films, they go to the films to see their favourite storylines finally adapted to the big screen. What's the logic retreading ground you've already published for the sake of acknowledging the films which have already been adapted from said previous stories? Marvel should be making new storylines.

Also, why is everything so fucking saturated in the Marvel U now? Everything's bled into everything else. Things were strongest when crossovers were less typical and each brand was much more distinct. Meanwhile Kamala's already met Spidey, Wolverine, became an Avenger and left the Avengers as renegades forming their own team the Champions. All in her first year.

>only inhuman to reach any level of sucess
She sells worst that uncanny inhumans. Don't tell you are one of those "muh digital" people. She only had teally high digital for first few chapters of her first volume. Her second volume sold worst than the first long before cw2 came around.

They tried to make her too big too fast.

>they go to the films to see their favourite storylines finally adapted to the big screen.

You're implying that the majority of people who go see Marvel movies read comics. They are not. They're people looking for a decent action film who maybe watched the cartoons when they were kids.

And yes, doing movie tie ins does sometimes lead to a slight and temporary boost in comic book sales.

Yeah. She can get big on her own.

>What's Ms. Marvel supposed to look like

You know exactly what she's supposed to look like you shit

Senpai my only complaint about Kamala is she isn't big enough.

what's she capped out at so far 100 feet tall?

Uncanny Inhumans actually sells more than Ms Marvel

>Everything is about sales numbers
>A character isn't allowed to have stories unless they generate a certain amount of profit for Disney/TimeWarner
This, more than anything else, it's what's killing comics.

Stop involving her in social politics and have her stick to being a local hero and dealing with hero hijinks

The exact same thing applies to independent comics fan. Only difference is that instead of cancelling a book they end up homeless.

Sup Forums has weird thing where they care more about sales than quality. You'd think they actually worked for the big2. Sure your favorite characters might be sidelined but better that than getting ruined.

user you have it backwards. We care about sales because we know there's a general sales threshold for cancellation. We track sales because we worry series we like might get canned if they don't do well enough.

>I don't understand why the fuck Marvel would make CWII
Because they thought it would make a shitton of money because Secret Wars made a lot of money (reinforcing their opinion that big summer events are a money making machine), CWI is still consistently their highest selling trade, and the Civil War movie was about to come out.

From an executive or marketing head looking at all the facts, CWII seemed like a safe bet for big bucks. The problem is that it was TOO blatant of a cash grab to the point that even the brain dead retards that usually love Marvel events didn't fall for it, and because it was rushed and came from a purely money-grabbing perspective rather than a creative one (say what you will about Secret Wars or the upcoming Hydra War, but you can tell those came from writers having stories they really wanted to tell and marvel editorial liking their pitches enough to get behind them and support them, not some marketing exec saying "this'll make mad fucking dosh so make it happen.")

It could not be more appropriate that CWII came out on the 20th anniversary of Secret Wars II, because it's the single biggest and most blatant cash grab Marvel has done since Secret Wars II. It's something nobody wanted, not even the writers at Marvel, but an executive comes in looking at the numbers and says they have to do it. Then the Marvel writers and editors that didn't want to do it in the first place are forced to change all their plans to hurriedly try to work around it.

>Kamala is inhuman
>she is being pushed harder than any single character not named carol danvers
>carol is still going with worst sales
>thunderbolts still going with worse sales
Kamala's solo could run another year before marvel pulls its plug. Even then they would just relaunch her. Kamala isn't going anywhere unless the carol, inhumans, and legacy push die first.

>Uncanny inhumans outsells her in floppies user
By like 100 issues.

>Sup Forums has weird thing where they care more about sales than quality
It's one of those Sup Forums mentalities that took over the board when this stopped being a board for comic discussion and started becoming a board for comic book movie discussion and shitposting.

>"is her first year done?"
>"good, put her on the Avengers"
>"fuck building a rogues gallery, fuck the supporting cast, fuck her secret identity dynamic we don't even do secret identities anymore"

Also - you need to bring out these event comics before their accompanying associated movie, not after.

Speaking of which:
>RIP Foolkiller, you were too good for this world

Yeah, the relaunch really hurt her book because it got rid of one of the elements that people liked most about her book.

>And yes, doing movie tie ins does sometimes lead to a slight and temporary boost in comic book sales.
But not in floppies. Not really. Those sales are reflected in trade sales, which isn't what we talk about when we discuss sales figures.

>tfw ANGR is turning into an FF book
>tfw Robbie was hardly in his own book last issue

>tfw ANGR is turning into an FF book
I have a feeling the All-New New Fantastic Four is just going to be the first arc, then maybe a spin-off mini or something if it's well received.

But yeah, Chulk having more pages than Robbie in the main story while also writing Chulk really poorly was awful. The back-up story was actually a better ANGR story than the main one. I'd rather it be the other way around where the NF4 stuff was relegated to back-ups while the Piston Nitro stuff being the main story arc.

Which is dumb, because people prefer trades to floppies every time.

She's a reboot of a character that couldn't maintain a solo comic to begin with. Throw in general confusion with regards to naming (Ms Marvel, Cpt Marvel, Shazam, Marvel?) and she's a Muslim, which is a weird culture that most Americans either hate or can't identify with.

>millenials arc with the inventor
>kaboom used as an alegory for isis making Muslims look bad
>abusive boyfriend arc with kamran
>gentrification arc with hydra
Kamala has always done social issues. It just wasn't as heavy handed as the cw2 arc, voting isseue, and all of Champions

killed in Avengers Arena 2.

Trades come out years after initial runs though. You're asking Marvel to tolerate poor sales and cancellation level revenue on the gamble that it will eventually bear fruit with lots of trade sales after the fact.

Trades sell more

Trades sell well because only shit worth reading and that survived their initial serial runs with both satisfactory sales and strong critical reception generally get made into trades in the first place.

They come out months afterward. Pre-orders go up when the first issue debuts.

>What is the future for Kamala?

getting married to her cousin and have 6 kids in the next 10 years.

Don't forget meeting SHIELD and being Agent Coulson's geek-buddy.

Vision will make Marvel alot in the long run, as it's likely to become a classic.

But Marvel is very short-term isn't and pandering. It's also trying to ditch it's past to be "modern".

Meanwhile, Wanda hasn't met barely anyone.

is just like Morales, new Thor or X23 or things like that. characters that Marvel want to push at any cost only God know why, and instead of make a good character, they pick one and replace 4 their multicultural agenda, I really hope is cancelled soon

Maybe for some, but there's definitely a sizable portion of the board that conflates sales with being good. The biggest example is the company wars threads, but you'll see it in characterfag threads. Like in the Robin threads, the biggest defense of Tim is that he held a solo for a long time

I'd say Miles is being pushed just a tiny bit harder than Kamala.

Miles only shows up when bendis is writing and trinity stuff. Kamala is pushed as main player of the trinity and always has the center spot, kamala is the creator of main character of Champions, kamala is in multiple games, and was used in the audio comic ads. She has two books right now where she is the center of and a third on the way. Kamala has played a part in every event that happened since her creation except for apoc wars. Kamala is pushed harder by every writer except bendis.

>tfw only read her solo, ignore all teams because teams are cancer to begin with, and ship her with Robbie

I don't read her book, is that guy halal to date.

Because Ike's retarded and thinks forcing synergy will result in better numbers. There's a reason he was kicked off of control over the movies. He wanted synergy on both sides.

Bendis' books conveniently...

Depends on what her faith says about dating a literal Spirit of Vengeance.

>Thinking the comics side will have any power over the movies

wew lad. That guy sure had ideas, huh?

>doing movie tie ins does sometimes lead to a slight and temporary boost in comic book sales.
"Sometimes" is being extremely optimistic. Dr Strange is still a big fat C Lister even after his own fucking movie came out and won the hearts of Rotten Tomatoes for a whole day.

Yeah and it's Bendis that pushes Miles HARD, the same Bendis that in charge of every high profile book and has editorial wrapped round his finger so tightly he can change be out any atrocious old schlock and call it "critically acclaimed"

Not really

Enjoy her in games now that her book has been murdered. She is already in the Marvel mobile games and most likely be in MvCI.

Wait for a relaunch and pray the next writer can quarantine the next event into 1 cancer issue and leave the rest of the run alone.

go full fan service

brown is hot right now

>Kamala will never subconsciously use her powers to accidentally grow massive breasts and wide sashaying hips in response to seeing other total bombshell super heroines

They need to give into KaMiles. Make it happen already.

>not Kamala/Robbie
Robbie needs to give her the hot rod in his hot rod

>all the while she just thinks its puberty
>she gets more and more attention from boys
>it goes to her head
>her breasts and ass keep growing in this feedback loop

Hard to do that now, she's already been with the Avengers and isn't considered a rookie anymore.

If you want to see her taking on tasks that are more Spiderman tier, she needs to be taken down a peg.

That's a cracked ship if there ever was one. They've never even met.

Never change, Sup Forums.

They have indeed met. They are crossover pals.

She'll get a small surge of popularity after she's revealed to be in MvC:I

Well, her next story arc has her dealing with a cyber-bully who's somehow brainwashing people over online games. I'd say that's pretty low-stakes compared to what she's put up with as an Avenger, Champion, or Carol's errand girl.

I thought she was totally disillusioned with Carol after actually meeting her and dislikes her.

look the BEANER AND THE TERRORIST ... diversity shit

Battleworld obviously doesn't count. The actual, main universe characters who died in the incursion and were rebirthed by Reed and Molecule Man have never ever met.

No, Kamala got disillusioned after CWII led to Carol's pre-cog police arresting all her friends and not apologizing for it.

Come to think of it, has Robbie appeared in a single non-ANGR book discounting Ghost Racers? Seems like he missed the team push train every other teen hero got to hop on.

"...well, there doesn't seem to be any SPECIFIC rule against dating a personified cosmic force OR vengeful hell-spirits. So... I guess its okay?"

Air Bud rules.

Man, Secret Wars was fun.

Kamala's future is to give birth to my many children.

indeed

>"Robbie join or sick new NOT Avengers team the runaways!"
>"Fuck off I'm taking Gabe to school"
Robbie has REAL problems. He can't be fucking with Miles and Kam's garbage.

...Why the fuck did I write Runaways there when I meant to write Champions.

damn, Kamala getting hella moist in the middle panel.

>by the time she realizes what she's been doing, Kamala has already turned herself into a borderline caricature, a hyper endowed 6'something" Amazon
>people are fairly shocked, but still assume it's merely puberty
>she can't undo it and revert back to her former proportions because it would expose her, people don't undo puberty

Now this would be a good canon story to examine what Kamala actually thinks about the temptation of using her powers to "change her face", as it's implied that she doesn't like it and thus doesn't normally use her powers for that sort of thing.

Are muslims even allowed to read comics, let alone girls? These degenerate white devil trash rags?

There goes your demographic, aside from cucked nu-males or SJWs... wait, they don't buy comics. Oops.

I DEMAND pictures of super giant Kamala playing with Robbie's hell charger like a hot wheels toy

Nice try, Shay-tan, trying to hijack his post.

I'm not going to argue with Morgan Freeman (or someone who sounds pretty darn close to him).

Well, I hope they won't try to do some crazy shit with her like with other characters.

I mean make her pregnant, gay or even raped her by some Killgrave or something.

Kamala needs to go in a new direction. Now, stick with me on this one, what if her family suddenly needs a lot of money for some reason, so Kamal uses her shapeshifting powers to turn into a variety of men and women and whores herself out of various straight and lesbian superheroines?

Yeap or like this

Quick question for kamalafags. Is she aging? As in she was a freshman and now she's a junior? I guess this applys to all of marvel.

>he's not even a Muslim

>Now this would be a good canon story to
user don't do this to yourself, it's embarrassing.

Hopefully she gets paired up with Deadpool. I really want to see them get into crazy hijinks.

>Kamala fangirls
>Deadpool hijacks her fangirl fantasy

>STILL no futa carol and scared kamala comic

I guess it's true, there is no Santa.

>her book is pulling cancellation numbers at best,
Fuck, really? It's the first series I bought and not just torrent and it's not selling well? Man, maybe now I'll be one step closer to being a real comic book fan and know the feeling of having my favorite character's solo run cancelled

>The problem is that it was TOO blatant of a cash grab to the point that even the brain dead retards that usually love Marvel events didn't fall for it

Isn't it selling extremely well at $6 an issue?