I thought only bad movies were supposed to bomb. That high RottenTomatoes score isn't doing shit

I thought only bad movies were supposed to bomb. That high RottenTomatoes score isn't doing shit.

deadline.com/2017/10/blade-runner-2049-ryan-gosling-box-office-bomb-1202184297/

Guess this is another movie all these fake nerds will fall in love with as soon as the HD rips are out. Shame. You'll regret not seeing this in theaters.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur:_Legend_of_the_Sword
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol overrated SHIT just like I'm the driver, baby!

On the bright side, Ridley won't be able to milk it. Blade Runner will die gracefully and with two amazing films.

No one really cared/cares about blade runner other than film ""nerds"" in the first place
It really makes no sense why they would have greenlit it with such huge budget in the first place(unless it's another hollyjew accounting trick)

it's not a movie for normies

think there's any chance it would have done better if it wasn't marketed similar to capeshit with its garbage trailers and posters?

>I thought only bad movies were supposed to bomb
Dude most really good movies don't even make back there budget, when's the last time you saw an Oscar winner be a blockbuster. Only capeshit and comedys do well at box office.

it was a bad idea to put harrison ford in this movie
people probably thought this was gonna be another indian jones and the crystal skull with gosling basically playing shia lebouf

Kids won't watch Blade Runner. The most profitable blockbusters in Hollywood are so for a reason.

But you like it and share the same taste as a your average pleb normalfag so technically they do :^)

>now we have to watch as fat nerds run around in trench coats ans raybans again

just great

The first is known for bombing badly.

Critics seem to like it here on the old continent, different taste and culture

Most of the good movies bomb. It's the crap for average normies that does great.

off the top of your head, do your remember the movie that won best picture in 1980 when bladerunner came out

it was a popular success

>You'll regret not seeing this in theaters.

I kinda regret seeing it in theaters. The entire back row was full of a group of teenagers who didn't seem to enjoy it much and were talking loudly throughout the entire movie.

You know, the reason people don't to to theaters anymore is that they are fundamentally bad places to watch movies.

no, lowest common denominator marketing for a movie with enough action to pad out a trailer is always a good idea.

I'm just wearing for VR headsets to get cheap. I can experience an immersive big screen alone.

Glossy.
Also contrived, bleak and without charm, almost devoid of ideas and not confident in the few it does play around with, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. My biggest gripe, however, is that it leaves the existentialism of the first in favor of an essentialist outlook which is completely uninteresting and oddly dated in a time when A.I. is a very hot topic. The political dimension of the story is force-fed to us and then left in the dust.

Lifeless. That’s the word I’m looking for.

>make sequel to a cult classic
>expect immediate success

???

You had to enjoy and understand the first movie, which came out 20+ years ago, to appreciate this one. A major part of the population never watch the first one, much less understood the various scenes. At best if you went in raw without any knowledge you'll find the movie a bit slow and confuse as hell since you think android meant robot. My friend who I watch with ask me why K died from a stab wound because he thought the replicants were literally robots.

What about Mad Max?

Normans don't like good movies

p much this

Oscarbait movies cost way less though.

La La Land
>30 mil budget
>445 mil box office

Moonlight
>4 mil budget
>65 mil box office

Arrival
>47 mil budget
>200 mil box office

But the first Blade Runner bombed too and this was better than that movie

>friend gets angry at me for accusing them of only liking sci-fi when it's popular
>"Omg, we can like Star Wars too!"
>Ask them if they want to see Blade Runner 2049 with me
>first response "Do I need to see the first Blade Runner?"

This is why I can't talk to people about film. On the bright side they all enjoyed BR2049 though.

Why do people who say this never post their favorite movies? Is it because they share the same pleb taste as normalplebs?

Why would be post our favorite movies? We're not fedora autists like you

my Kinoplex barely had like 10 people for a morning show, It was mostly 20-40yo and an old couple. 3 hours well spent.

feminist propaganda!

Movies that are misunderstood or too hard to get for masses usually bomb.

Is BR2049 the ultimate in waifukino?

Exactly same story here mate. Though my mates were interested cause of highly positive reviews

>Normans don't like good movies
Yes you are
The difference is that you believe you have taste whilst liking all the same pleb shit as them

The waifuquotient was extremely high in this movie

cinema is dead

It reaffirmed that waifu love is the purest love.

How much are they paying you?

>normies have bad taste!!
>*marathons game of thrones and walking dead while planet of apes reboot downloads in the background*

>projecting this hard

I loved the first Blade Runner but I found 2049 to be just sorta ok at best.

It will probably do well on home video, I'll get it because I watch the original 2-3 times a year

>On the bright side, Ridley won't be able to milk it.
This, I loved Blade Runner 2049 and I'm very happy it's bombing. If it was a hit then Ridley would be able to convince the studio to make another sequel and that could be a disaster. Let the franchise rest in peace.

Bombing at the box office is a rite of passage for any true Kino.

Be happy it turned out ok, it could've been three hours of Harrison Ford watching unicorns while saying "I'm a replicant." Thank Christ Ridley didn't direct it.

This flick is absolute shit, fuck off shill.
Nice damage control, Sup Forumseddit. Now fuck off and stay in your shithole.

How big of a fucking sperg do you have to be to get mad over this shit?

bronys won!!!!!!!

post your top 10 films of 2016

Alright, can we stop pretending to like Blade Runner now?

No one likes Blade Runner. Blade Runner 2049 on the other hand is pure kino.

Fuck off, Sup Forumseddit.

In no particular order
>Embrace of the Serpent
>The Witch
>Paterson
>Manchester by the Sea
>Toni Erdmann
>The Handmaiden
>Neruda
>The Wailing
>Silence
>Land of Mine

>all safe entry normie picks
>korean trash too
Wheres homosapiens, wheres THS, home? Why Neruda but no Sieranevada?

Did you just paste a list you found or am I right about you?

>toni erdmann
your opinion has been immediately discarded
anyone who likes that piece of shit movie should be banned from ever having an opinion on films
no movie has ever infuriated me more

Goddamn it fucking these, it's beautiful. Thank you god.

I've seen it already. will go again with family next week.

fuck all the beardfats and reddit virgins on this board who watch garbage like capeshit and star wars but don't see legitimately good sci-fi movies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner
Budget >$28 million
Box office >$33.8 million

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049
>Budget $150–185 million
>Box office $12.7 million

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_(film)

>Camelot is a 1967 American musical comedy-drama film
>The film was the 11th most popular movie of 1967, with over $30 million in ticket sales; rentals returned to Warner Bros., however, weren't enough to show a profit.
>Budget $13 million
>Box office $31,102,578[1]
>$14,000,000 (rentals)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur:_Legend_of_the_Sword
>King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is a 2017 epic fantasy film
>Budget $175 million
>Box office $148.7 million

>WB makes a dreary nearly 3 hour long big budget sequel to a box office disappointment from 35 years ago
>WB makes another King Arthur movie as an action movie that end up being a disappointment 50 years after the disappointing musical

The original was a bomb too.

>Wheres homosapiens
Didn’t care for it.
>wheres THS
Don’t even know what this is.
>Why Neruda but no Sieranevada
I don't like dialogue heavy family dramas that much.

all it means is we will get less thinking man's sci-fi in the future. it's not like we are blessed with a lot at the moment are we? there's maybe one film a year that can fall into that category at the moment.

I mean, what upcoming films now fall into that category given BR2049 is out?

blade runner 2049 is sony though

>get the perfect sequel
>it bombs
>Warner Bros/Sony can't beat it to death with a Cinematic Universe

all is well in this world

but westworld is popular

I guess this just confirms that the people who want smarty pants stuff have migrated to tv

Good. Fuck Seaboots.

Nolan is the only filmmaker who can make original kino, AND box office successes.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah the number of quality sci-fi films is so low compared to other genres it's getting ridiculous

normdrones don't like WW for its science fiction elements though, it DOES attract a sci-fi crowd but it also attracts the beardfats and normdrones who enjoy garbage like game of thrones and other reddit drama shows

This was funny in that last thread you posted this in too. Good job. Here's your (You).

>watching remakerebootsequels
I won't watch this on principle. Plus the shoehorned harrison ford looks like garbage and was never good at acting

Nolan never made a good movie reddit

Can we do something about this besides tell everyone we know to go see this? It's a god damn tragedy that a movie like this can do poorly at the B.O.

I've noticed this, everyone apparently thinks that replicants are robots. There was an interview in front of a lot of people where the first thing Harrison Ford did was explain replicants.

WB only distributed it in North America. They were not involved in production.

It absolutely 100% is for normies

Success has zero to do with quality. Never has, never will.

>Ridley Scott wanted to make 4 sequels to 2049
It's for the best that it's bombing.

Real human bean

Yeah except it’s really good and Ford is a reason why it’s really good

what a comfy way to die

NO DELETE THIS
MY PLEB FLICK IS SUPPOSED TO IMPRESS THE Sup Forums PATRICIANS

>people probably thought this was gonna be another indian jones and the crystal skull with gosling basically playing shia lebouf

It kinda was

The first half of the movie was really strong, but the second half was literally just what you described.

Unironically better than the original

this

They should've ended it there

It's not better than the original.

The original was great because of it's tension and universe building

The universe here was already built, now the movie plays more like piecing together the poorly thrown together story.

all those kinos will be lost in time... like... tears in the rain

time to flop

and a real hero

This is a good consolation.
Thank you user.

In some departments it's definitely better, for example the romantic subplot of K and his virtual waifu is ten times as genuinely emotionally investing and moving than the absolutely flat romance with non existent chemistry we got from Deckard and Rachel in the original.

I concede the original built a more innovative universe and paved the way for a lot of sci fi in the coming decades but 2049 had better character, was better paced and explored reality, existence and love to a better degree.

I would not say that. Gosling remained the main character until the end.
The end shows that Ford was the mcguffin.

Kino post user, bravo

Double ironic, in R.U.R., that created the concept, Robots are more like the replicants in BR.

i've seen kino you would'nt believe, blade runner 2049 with directors comentry

i watched balde runner directors cut on a screen measuring 35.72m x 29.57

(checked)
we leave in peace as did K

gotta check these digits as well

I keep thinking about this movie. Those poor replicants. In the theater it sometimes felt tediously long to watch but it's one of those movies that unironically "really makes you think" long after you've left the screening.

I felt the same way about Her but that movie I don't want to see again (even though it was great) because it just makes me uncomfortable