Original way to tell replicants apart was using their eyes

>original way to tell replicants apart was using their eyes
>new creator is blind and uses literal robotic eyes to examine his replicants

Pure kino.

That being said his general character and acting wasn't the greatest.

He seemed like a gnostic version of "evil Jehovah"/Demiurge. The creator who believes itself to be God and makes angels to submit to him without showing any compassion to them or anyone else.

Let's see Paul Allen's replicant.

Anyone else think Wallace might be a replicant?

Instead of building replicants that have babies why not build replicants that can just build more replicants? If making babies was a superior model to building we wouldn't have built replicants in the first place.

then what did that make tyrell since he created rachel to have babies

I think replicants are grown, as shown in the slime bag, so having more replicants working on a production line wouldn't have helped.

But I agree his plan didn't make much sense. It wasn't a philosophical problem, it just seemed like he was bad at supply chain management.

Tyrell didn't make Rachel 100% obedient, just less rebellious. I figured he made Rachel with memories and all because he wanted the new lines to blend in and bred with the general population. Especially since humanity's future was still up in the air at that point.

I find that would detract from his character. He's more robotic than even the replicants despite being born.

they needed to place more emphasis on when His god complex gets dashed by making a key mistake with nu-rachel.

Luv should have been given his expository role in the story.

He was great, too many of you let the Leto Suicide Sqad memes get in your heads. Who gives a shit?

Speaking of the eye thing, how are replicants so easily recognized from humans now like Luv said? Every replicant seems to be recognized immediately but they look and act exactly like humans without the eye thing to distinguish them anymore.

Is he really blind though?

He has an implant that let's him see when he wants to. He's got augmented eyes and this little drone cameras are summoned at will so he's not impeded.

Databases with names and serial numbers

Not everyone just has access to those though.

I think that's the implication. Organic eye's aren't that important anymore, contrast that to the importance of eyes in the first.

I figured it was the jobs they were working. Blade runner, prostitute, etc. Similar to how people in a caste system can tell one another a part I guess?

His introduction was great, but then like all Leto characters, he drags it on way too long.

>Tbqh I enjoyed him more as a villian than Roy Batty.

Don't get me wrong Roy had one good monologue and one OKAY monologue... but the rest of the time he was howling like an autist and skipping around like a child.

Roy was the hero of the first film though.

When Roy was howling and running around he was doing it to fuck with Deckard. He knew his time was up and wanted to have a little fun.

Why don't people just identify replicants by their glowing eyes?

Was this exact moment in the film created just so people can repost it and make it seem like the film stuck to the original? Instead of just being another cashgrab remake that pissed on the original?

That and he was facing his own mortality at that point in the film, he more or less going insane during that scene and kinda sobered up after seeing Harrison's character facing his own mortality trying to climb up that building near the end

More like it was deliberately made to be reposted on every tumblr for aesthetic memesters to circlejerk over
The original had way better ads and back drops going for it, new one is just Drive 2049

Thought that at first till they used it to reveal something about Joi.