>Best Actress in Supporting Role - Ana de Armas
>Best Production Design
>Best Visual Effects
>Best Original Screenplay
>Best Cinematography
>Best Film Editing
>Best Director
>Best Picture

And now we discuss which movies will undeservingly win these awards instead come 2018

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/comments/74x9e3/blade_runner_2049_spoiler_indepth_look_at_the
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's going to sweep the technical awards and not even get nominated for anything else

It's finally his time he has been snubbed too many times

Dunkirk will win some of these. Most others will be given to indie liberal oscar bait of the year that will be forgotten two weeks after the awards.

but seriously:

i was worred about this movie because ana has been flat in some recent Keanu productions, and harrison ford can be out of focus, and ryan sometimes hams it up, but what actually happened was every actor did a very satisfactory job

but bautista took home the prize, to my utter amazement -- i wonder what the movie would have been like if he had played the LAPD commander

Don't be so sure. In 2009 some fucking matt damon vehicle with a single VFX scene beat Tron: Legacy for best VFX. The secret truth is that academy voters don't even watch all the movies. They see one they like and they vote for that.

Best direction and visual effects for sure.
Goose deserves a best actor too.

Speaking of Tron Legacy, is that actually worth watching or is it only eye candy?

>bautista
Why does a retired big guy work so well as a sympathetic character in this film?

>>Best Production Design
>>Best Visual Effects
>>Best Original Screenplay
>>Best Cinematography
>>Best Film Editing
Deakins probably gets cucked again, but I'm betting on these

I liked it but I'm a big fan of Tron. Your mileage my vary.

Hail Satan

The Academy only chooses the big categories, while all the technical categories are voted by actual acclaimed industry working people who work in those specific departments, not the snob politically infused Academy.
And I find the result of most technical categories pretty spot on year by year actually.

Tron: Legacy came out in 2010

Inception won that year

the music is great and Olivia Wilde is a qt but the story and Bridges' acting were a mess

it's worth at least one watch

Best Sound Editing also. The sound mixing was great also, but that will without question go to Dunkirk

It's his kind eyes. Also it helps that he gets killed for basically no reason. Hard not to feel empathy for that.

Because in real life he collects superhero lunchboxes and in the film he is a combat medic veteran from the wars of kalantha who saw a miracle and just wants to live a quiet life farming, reading and growing garlic.

Best character desu

Oh right I remember now, I was mad because it wasn't even nominated. Instead Hereafter, the matt damon movie with one tidal wave scene, was nominated instead.

What did he think about it again, tourists that posted anti/tv/?

If it doesn't win for Production Design and Visual Effects someone needs to be murdered

I hope Goose get's atleast a nomination, one of the more genuinely sincere emotionally involving performances of recent times

RLM liked it

Armond was a footnote added to the original pasta if you look far back enough

CELLS

INTERLOCKED

It’s ridiculous that next months capeshit will be better received than this. I hate normalfags and plebs

For me it was a mess.

Honestly I think this will do well with the Academy because this is a true sequel to a classic film

Fuck off already, shills.

Nobody gives a fuck about your FLOP.

>t. """Viral marketer"""

reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/comments/74x9e3/blade_runner_2049_spoiler_indepth_look_at_the

t. still mad after 7 years without 2 days

>no we blade runner 2049 fans are Sup Forums posters like you!!

>shill is threatened by a good film
Don't worry, people will still see the new Thor and Justice League in droves.

>>Best Actress in Supporting Role - Ana de Armas

Should go to Sylvia Hoeks, imo.

>bautista took home the prize

If DV takes on DUNE next, Bautista is a shoe-in for Rabban the Beast.

Dave Bautista's surprised me a lot since he turned to acting. He's already managed to go far beyond anything Dwayne Johnson has done. He clearly has the chops for the job.

>giving a shit about awards
kill yourselfs reddit

It's crashing in the BO.
Expect a few tech nominatons but nothing more; Hollywood only likes two things: winners and Hollywood.

>“You can’t blame this on the run time. There have been a number of two and half-hour-plus movies that have done business. To the lay moviegoer, this was an obscure IP and the marketing campaign never told a story whatsoever. I still don’t know what this movie is about. Replicant? WTF is a replicant? The marketing campaign assumed the entire audience was in on the property,” expounded a rival studio executive on the Blade Runner 2049 calamity.

>WTF is a replicant?
It's all explained in the opening shot, just like in the original.

Yep, but people who doesn't care didn't went to see the movie

More bro-tier film marketing 101 from deadline:
>In brief, there was an oversight by the producers on the Blade Runner brand’s low wattage among the masses despite its eternal legacy praise by critics. You don’t build a movie that costs in excess of $155M net for just one quadrant –older males (guys over 25 rep 53% per PostTrak)– and mount a campaign that’s shrouded in secrecy, thus sidelining a brand new potential generation of fans.

>If you’re going to build a movie for one quadrant, it can’t be at a $100M-plus price. Plain and simple.

>Best actor - Ryan gosling
I loved the movie as well but there's no way that is happening

That greentext is on to something. The trailer was awful. Didn't give any feel for the story whatsoever.

GOAT

Deakins has done much better,those are some basic shots.Anyone who graduated some sort of movie school bullshit could pull these off.

It'll get nominated for technical awards and cinematography. It also can't be nominated for Best Original Screenplay, since it is a sequel to an adaptation.

you cant make dune with a 5 mil budget and thats the most he'll get after this weekend

It'll be this
>Best Actress in a Supporting Role-Sylvia Hoeks
>Best Actor in a Leading Role-Ryan Gosling (just MAYBE)
>Best Production Design
>Best Visual Effects
>Best Adapted Screenplay (It's still connected to both the first one and Do Androids Dream)
>Best Cinematography
>Best Film Editing
>Best Director
>MAYBE Best Picture. WB already have Wonder Woman that they're counting on for the blockbuster Oscar race. I'd love to see this nominated for Best Picture, but I don't see it happening.

>capeshit, no matter ho progressive, nominated for best picture
Won't happen.

Just posted on FB about the movie.
Half of the people responding are females, but still my older age and quite nerdy.
So yes, the movie is niche, but "male only" is too much.
In the cinema a good half of the people I have seen were females, included the old asian lady nearby me (that waited to the end and was spot on on the movie when we commented it).

LOL

You're a moron if you think these shots are impressive. There's no complexity at all. It's just some thing in the middle and lots of post effects

Deakins is a genius. He absolutely will get the oscar for Cinematography.