/DIS/ General - Star Trek Discovery

New episode tonight! How hyped are you on a scale from 1 to 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vfMDwi9nZfk
trekcore.com/blog/2017/10/more-glimpses-of-eaglemoss-discovery-ships-from-nycc/
youtube.com/watch?v=_CHFtjXc5qo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon
gamesradar.com/how-mushrooms-fuel-star-trek-discoverys-experimental-transport-technology/
strawpoll.me/14104886
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its fucking STD faggot.

How soon till Lorca booty calls the Indian chick?

Ep 4 promo

youtube.com/watch?v=vfMDwi9nZfk

looks like tron or the xfactor stage or the judge panel on the voice

She's so hot

This.

The /STD/ threads keep being made prematurely, and then the last two still archived at 137 and 60 responses. Suck a dick, it's called /DIS/.

No because Enterprise isn't STE and Voyager isn't STV

Source?

Looks promising. Still not liking the ship so much, that saucer doesn't quite gel with the rest. Good news is Eaglemoss is coming out with an 8" Shenzhou.

trekcore.com/blog/2017/10/more-glimpses-of-eaglemoss-discovery-ships-from-nycc/

The Shenzhou looks so good. I really wish the Discovery had a better design. It doesn't look sturdy. Shenzhou is T H I C C.

>anything, anytime, cap'n

this is the sort of attitude i'd expect from someone on a black ops vessel that conducts experiments involving high impact sexual violence

I'm pretty hyped to see a new episode. I'm pretty much at a 10 right now- sucks having to wait a week to see them.

>it's called /DIS/.
You shills afraid all the people calling it STD might negatively impact the brand?

Hype negative 10. Shit show.

>poll that was raided by Orville shills

I really dig the Akira-type look with the swept down nacelles. Trying to get the Titan but it's ridiculously hard to find in stock.

Nice try Seth, no one is impressed by your toilet jokes here. That's why STD threads keep dying so fast.

*crosses fingers*
Please, no midichlorians. Please, no midichlorians. Please, no midichlorians. Please let it be an unfunny joke. Please.

>Hype negative 10. Shit show.

yet, here you are in another presumably shit thread about a shit show. could you faggots be any more transparent?

Is Michael chaotic good?

youtube.com/watch?v=_CHFtjXc5qo

Look up Paul Stamets and Straal. It's not just something the writers pulled out of their ass. It was also Bryan Fuller's idea to incorporate it into Discovery.

>tfw Star Trek and Star Wars are 2deep4u
It was nothing like midichlorian.

>How soon till Lorca booty calls the Indian chick?

That evening, apparently.

What, you thought he wanted them to get together to go over duty rosters or something?

Weird, I just finished watching the latest episode and I don't remember any toilet jokes...

>How soon till Lorca booty calls the Indian chick?
From that line alone, it can be implied they already have a regular thing. According to Isaacs, he basically bangs every bitch on the ship.

Based

I'm glad they fired him. All his ideas were shit

Threads in which we can collectively shit on a shit show are actually pretty good.

It's almost as if he's new around here...

Discovery is good though. I've been watching Trek for about 20 years, and a bunch of teenagers whining about lens flares and niggers isn't going to change that.

Well, you just keep on watching every shit episode to shit on everything shit that happens in them then since you hate this shit show so much.

Almost as good as the expanse, feels like that's what they were going for instead of a trek show.

STD threads die so fast because the paid shills don't post there

He was also behind the two-parter pilot.

This is what real Star Trek fans think the show should be called. Orshills BTFO

Sure, otherwise we wouldn't know what we'd be shitting on. I don't care much for blind shitting, what about you?

>DIS
oh you mean STD?

Haha, more like the two shitposters who are leaving threads early can't generate a real discussion when they keep shitting on anyone who tries to talk about the show.

>almost as good as the expanse
>almost as good as the expanse
>almost as good
>almost
>expanse
>good

so much shit taste in discovery threads. the expanse is "okay" tier at best.

REMINDER: even though the board has been calling it STD for months, viral markets suddenly appeared and are trying desperately to nip this STD thing in the bud, get really pissy and insist everyone call it "DIS" (even though /DIS/ Disney threads have been around for years).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon

>Another thing that makes canon a little confusing. Gene R. himself had a habit of decanonizing things. He didn't like the way the animated series turned out, so he proclaimed that it was not canon. He also didn't like a lot of the movies. So he didn't much consider them canon either. And – okay, I'm really going to scare you with this one – after he got TNG going, he... well... he sort of decided that some of The Original Series wasn't canon either. I had a discussion with him once, where I cited a couple things that were very clearly canon in The Original Series, and he told me he didn't think that way anymore, and that he now thought of TNG as canon wherever there was conflict between the two. He admitted it was revisionist thinking, but so be it.[5]— Paula Block, 2005

Why the fuck does anyone care about canon in Trek, when the creators clearly never did, and never will?

>Shenzhou is described as an old ship, even in the 7-years-ago flashback to 2249
>NCC-1227

>Discovery and Glenn are much newer ships, likely launched later than 2245 and the Enterrpise
>NCC-1030 and 1031

Hmmm

STOP CALLING IT DIS YOU JERK IT'S STD

Not him but I never believed shows should be above reproach or reinterpretation. It's enough just to say it didn't work for you instead of it's "not Trek" or whatever. Enterprise and Voyager are the weakest series in the franchise for me but I'm never going to say they're not Trek. Even the Discovery pilot that everyone says isn't Trek because it has a Starfleet officer wanting to fire first on the Klingons is basically pulled from Balance of Terror.

This whole STD vs DIS crap only became a thing after the first episode aired. Nobody called it DIS before that.

>butthurt
Your bait threads keep dying, just let it go. If you want to talk about the show, then do it, if not, fuck off.

This.

Don't trust DISposters.

>Nobody called it DIS before that.
Exactly.

>Nobody called it DIS before that
or after

I've seen the other strawpoll posted here like a dozen times - I've never seen your link posted. Was it taken on the CBS Facebook page?

I've always called it DIS because that's how Star Trek shows are abbreviated

The threads are much better after hiding all the posts debating over the abbreviation. Call it STD, call it DIS, call it DSC, call it Chakotay's Chipotle's for all I care. I'm done with all of your bullshit.

Like any normal human being, I avoid shit that I don't like. I don't purposefully, intentionally gobble down mouthfuls of shit just to complain about something I already knew would happen: 1. something is confirmed as shit 2. i don't like shit 3. thus I avoid shit.

Again, keep watching terrible shows that you don't like. Enjoy yourself. It sounds like a good way to spend you time.

Trekbbs

don't forget to hide "sweetie"

If you don't at least watch the show, your opinion will be disregarded. Also you've got to first watch it before you can even decide whether you dislike it or not. It's just 3 episodes at the moment. Watching 3 episodes might sound like a lot of effort to you but that's really your issue.

>t. nu-male who obsesses over anything he dislikes

What's there to look up, Stamets is a mycologist and they used his name for a character. A character that for some reason uses the most irritating 20th century mannerism with "I hate you". Are you implying Stamets discovered midichlorians?
>It was also Bryan Fuller's idea to incorporate it into Discovery.
source?
Please, enlighten me how it's such a great idea to inject a fresh Star Trek with a
>muh quantum level cosmological life web super universe intelligence
>DUDE SPACE looks like a BRAIN at the MACRO LEVEL *bong rip*
>what if we took a bit of midichlorians but like with more science and less Force
and moreover pull this shit this early in the show? At least keep that shit until the show's tapering off like a later season DS9 or even Enterprise so it doesn't ruin the rest of the show and we can largely pretend it didn't happen. There are so many ways they can mess this up and so very few ways they can recover from this and we're not even four episodes in. I'm hopeful because I love ST so very much and this show *has* to be good because ST will not survive after Enterprise if this is even worse.

gamesradar.com/how-mushrooms-fuel-star-trek-discoverys-experimental-transport-technology/

>Star Trek Discovery co-creator Bryan Fuller obviously thinks he’s onto something as he incorporated this idea into the show and named Anthony Rapp’s character after him.

>watching 3 episodes
>obsession
That's some interesting mental gymnastics.

Why is a non-Sup Forums site deciding what Sup Forums calls the thread?

I'm not afraid to post the poll on Sup Forums

www.strawpoll.me/14052765

This show is already better than Enterprise. Also, the mushroom stuff is cool. Sorry you don't like it, but other than it relying on microscopic particles, it's nothing like midichlorian.

Not him but I see all debates on the topic as shills shilling shills. Nobody should care what it's called, I should be able to call it STD in one post while another calls it DIS/DSC without anyone ever butting heads over it. It's obvious in a fucking general what show either of us are talking about.

Why should Orville shills get to decide what we're calling it?

STD's Feed and Seed

(Formerly DIS)

>yfw she was just tripping balls

Why would anyone pretend to like a TV show on an anonymous forum?

Posts hidden.

You're still watching the episodes, idiot- after saying how terrible the show is. The only mental gymnast around here is you.

>Orville is a dead show, no one watches! DIS RULES!
>This poll is a fraud! It was spammed by thousands of Orville shills, we didn't stand a chance!

First of all, you can watch STD and Orville. My opinion is worth as much as yours because we're both Sup Forums posters. Get your other shitty poll taken on the CBS social page out of here.

I agree. Too bad STDfags are children who can't stop sperging at people who want to call it DIS

Need to let someone make the generals from now on because the whole /DIS/ thing is bait and pure reddit.

/STD/ threads and regular Trek threads:
>fun allowed
>good discussion
>great memes
>fun bantz

Where as /DIS/ threads guarantees:
>no fun allowed
>s-stop calling it STD guys!
>REEEEEE
>go away Sup Forums you meanies!
>REEEEEE
>stop watching the Orville guys!
>REEEEEE

>implying that STD is going by any establish pattern

>threads titled /DIS/
Started at the appropriate time
Reach bump limit

>threads titled /STD/
Started 30 posts early
Archive less than 100 posts in

Sounds like the users have spoken. No need for rigged polls or shilling. The threads are /DIS/ now. Feel free to shitpost your STD memes here, but the generals have been decided by practice rather than easily manipulated polls.

8 out of 10 posters want STD.

The only problem I have with that scene is that Michael practically accused Cap'n of producing a biological weapon just before allowing him to introduce the results of that research inside of a containment area that she was willing to be locked inside of with the contents of previously suspected bio-weapon. I mean ... wat? I still love the show though.

Make a new poll with proper anti-spam protection then. Post it here and only here. Close the polls 15 minutes after it's posted and we'll make a final ruling.

No? Then I'm honoring the results of the previous Sup Forums thread.

They gonna airlock the bitch when they find out she's a cylon

Because it was cool thing to do. Only nervous faggots like Saru would be wary of this shit, stronk independent characters just boldly go.

That's atrocious. Mushroom space highways supplanting Warp. Okay. I like magic mushrooms as much as the next person who likes magic mushrooms but this is some shit-tier writing.
It's only better by virtue of having a more likeable protagonist that isn't Archer and starting in media res at the start of the Klingon war instead of being some messed up allegory for 9/11 and the wars. This not-midichlorians stuff could very rapidly make it much worse than Enterprise.

>I'm honoring the results of the previous Sup Forums thread
>he said unironically, and with full conviction
lmao, how triggered are you?

I didn't say it was terrible, I said it was shit.

Let's settle this debate once and for all with a NEW strawpoll.

strawpoll.me/14104886
strawpoll.me/14104886
strawpoll.me/14104886

>>s-stop calling it STD guys!
>>REEEEEE

Ironic. You're literally REEEEing at people who call it DIS

>waaaah, people who like this show won't respond to my shitty bait threads

>he said nervously, his internship at CBS on the line and fading fast

Not voting, don't care. Threads are /DIS/ now.

I want more character development

It isn't Trek, that's not up to interpretation.

After pilots that promised a dominion wars era kind of revival of Star Trek, we get a completely generic sci-fi infused drama. The base principles the utopian society of the United Federation of Planets are based on are nowhere to be found. The rulebook of the federation might be present, but the people are the same egotistic, self-interest driven individuals we've been told to have evolved from numerous times in past Star Trek iterations. Star Trek was always about like minded people working together for a greater purpose. The camaraderie we've all got accustomed to in previous series and movies - and even seen an example of just last episode - is completely gone, their work relationship is anything but civil. They bark at each other, lie to each other and belittle each other, sometimes for no apparent reason; they simply don't represent the utopian society of the United Federation of Planets as people.

H for humor.

Dude, there's only 3 episodes so far, have you never watched a tv series before?

I could care less what people call it individually, but I do think that the person labeling the general /DIS/ knows it's bait which is why I feel it's a dumb move. It guarantees to dumb down the discourse in the thread because the person doing it knows that the majority of the board is gonna call him out on it because for the last few months it's only been referred to as STD here, DIS was never a thing. It's the same thing as posting Bella Thorne knowing half the people in the thread are gonna call her a tranny, or posting feed and seed knowing you will a get a ton of replies of people calling you a tard. It takes away from the discussion.

TOS and TNG had better character development after 3 episodes

>STD