So you guys hate rick and morty because of the liberal/insufferable fanbase and the way it's starting to take itself...

So you guys hate rick and morty because of the liberal/insufferable fanbase and the way it's starting to take itself seriously, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_man
archive.fo/ebQDa
youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no we just hate reddit

>starting

Season 1 and most of 2 didnt take itself seriously
season 3 is clear that the writers now feel like "intellectuals" because the fans have told them they are

I'm trying to get to the root of issue, "reddit" really doesn't explain it

Sup Forums just grasped that rick and morty is shit before anyone else did and promptly created the anti rick and morty campaign. The fans being massive retards have proven us right

I just hate it because it stopped being funny this past season, and started getting way too full of itself

Even with unwashed autists breaking into McDonald's to eat McNuggets, I'd still like and watch the show if it were still funny.

Who is this cool cat? Looks like he means business. Watch out, everybody!

Its me, im the late teens early 20's nu male spouting gibberish and "ironically" consuming corporate marketing campaigns a cartoon told me to do because of how smart i am that other people

someone sum up the show for me i have not watched any footage of it and dont intend to

I think the show is still funny, but rick is now some sort of "tragic hero" and morty is so cynnical it's boring.

I think my main issue is that the show is all about the "nihilistic relationships" between characters when it started out as ridiculous sci-fi adventures, which was more fun.

Dr Who on crack.

By calling something else inferior or Reddit, we elevate ourselves in our own minds.

What if back to the future were a self aware and self-referential pop culture cartoon

If you don't *get* Rich and Morty, that's your fault. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

shut the fuck up and go back to ebaumsworld

wabba lubba dub dub

you probably don't get it. you need a very high IQ to understand

This is one of the best pasta to have emerged from the depths of the cancerish internet

Yes, but that doesn't mean reddit isn't shit.

you guys love R&M because it gives you something to hate

It's ok, but I prefer the "fresh off the boat from reddit" one.

that sounded awfully reddit to me

I hate it because the fans are insufferable and pretentious numales who believe they are geniuses because they like watching a cartoon character scientist, this is despite the fact that the show doesnt even operate from a basis of real science, like Star Trek did, but goes out of its way to be as silly and ridiculous as possible. I know people like this irl. They say shit like "oh my science" instead of oh my god. Its unattended after birth of the youtube atheist generation from the early 2000s+the current nihilistic psuedo actavist light SJW culture of now.

>dude le butter lmao
It was never funny.

Case in point

Yeup, I wonder why the shows gotten so depressing. JK I know it's because of Dan

I hate it because its 50/50. Half the time the jokes are funny, but they're only decent jokes. The other half they're insufferably bad.

Agreed with the morty part.

I really miss the awkward, innocent 14 year old. Not feeling this new douchebag version.

I hate it because it is used by manchilds to justify their political believes

how can you be this butthurt over some fucking meme sauce?

Sup Forums seeks to overcome nihilism and have termed rick and morty fans "numales", or "reddit tier" which is just a more simpler way to describe what Nietzsche called "the last man"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_man

The lives of the last men are pacifist and comfortable. There is no longer a distinction between ruler and ruled, strong over weak or supreme over the mediocre. Social conflict and challenges are minimized. Every individual lives equally and in "superficial" harmony. There are no original or flourishing social trends and ideas. Individuality and creativity are suppressed.

Nietzsche warned that the society of the last man could be too barren and decadent to support the growth of healthy human life or great individuals. The last man is only possible by mankind having bred an apathetic person or ethnic group who are unable to dream, who are unwilling to take risks, and simply earn their living and keep warm. The society of the last man is antithetical to Nietzsche's theoretical will-to-power, the main driving force and ambition behind human nature, according to Nietzsche, as well as all other life in the universe.

>LITERAL meme sauce

from what i watched, it just seems like futurama that takes itself way too seriously (in other words, the last season of futurama)
the jokes are more about pushing personal beliefs than actual humour

In his defense, McDonalds is infamous for running shill marketing campaigns 24/7.

It's because they know McDonalds isn't "cool" and people won't start liking it again unless if their friends like it. So then they just make fake "friends" on Twitter.

At least we have Trump, there is still hope.

>unironically referencing Nietzsche
No user, the reddit is you.

great post my friend

Sup Forums is a liberal board

High IQ and autism are correlated

Do rick and morty fans know how despised they are?

Yes, they just hide from it

archive.fo/ebQDa

But, what did Justin Roiland meant by this?

Nah it's because the show is kinda bad.

>Hit and miss jokes that flop a lot harder since they improv the show and end up repeating the same line all episode.

>Monologues clash really hard with the other barely written material and feel like forced in political views.

>The regurgitation of ripped off material from similar shows like Doc Who and Futurama which are already plays on actual original science fiction writers' material.

>Contrived plotline since "super science."
Although I do think the behind the scenes or unsavory side of popular premises is interesting the creativity isn't there to pull it off properly so the plot boils down to easy solved problem remains unsolved for reasons.

>Randumb humor

Not much else to the show. I couldn't say much about the characters, since I've watched episodes here and there when my friends had it on, but it seems that they switch back forth between mouthpiece/punching bag and static personality/random overdevelopment for little reason.

I don't get how it's popular for literally any other reason than easily accessible.

No. I never liked the show. The two main characters both having obnoxious verbal tics was enough to make me drop it at the pilot.

>dude I'm so le smart Rick is literally me nihilism lmao WUBALUBAPOOPYPOO
>let's wait in a line to eat at the giant corporation McDonalds because they made a meme sauce that was featured as product placement on a cartoon show and chimp out when we can't get it despite the fact that the sauce can be easily found at any grocery store or made at home with little effort

R&M fans are surpassing bronies, at least the bronies were self-aware of how creepy they were most of the time

How dare a MAN of all people try flirting with a woman, I mean racist and sexist much?

youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4

>Cynical, ironic postmodern shows
Always Sunny
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

>Genuine TV of the New Sincerity era
Parks and Recreation
Rick and Morty
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Bojack Horseman

Damn...is he right, Sup Forums? Is R&M just too sincere for our postmodern ironic minds?

TO BE FAIR you have to have a very high IQ to understand BvS

Rick and morty is for smart people who FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE.
You know, all the great scientists, bill nye, black science man, uhhhhhhhh, facebook photo captions of science facts. You know, all the greats

This is why I love Jhonen Vasquez, who tanked his show with no survivors after catching a whiff of the fanbase cropping up around it. More creators should take the responsibility.

the one great thing about vasquez is how he always insults his fans. Also he probaly made bank on invader zim merch sold at hot topic

I always hated the """""drama""""" (Dan Harmon's sole contribution) but the comedy can still be good occasionally