The Little Match Girl

How can one short be so depressing?

The fact that I'll never get to ejaculate in her is what is really depressing.

fuck Disney

they'll make a short where a little girl dies at the end but then they'll cut out all the dark shit in their movies and add in stupid comic relief

Is there a link to a legit version of this? I've been googling, but the two "best" videos I've found have shitty audio and video respectively.

It's on Netflix

It's Russian that's how.

It is? I just searched, and I'm not seeing it.

Why does she look asian?

>Letting your Russian daughter freeze to death outside
Shit country is shit.

>but then they'll cut out all the dark shit in their movies and add in stupid comic relief
There's a difference between dying of hypothermia (which is peaceful), and being forced to dance to death while wearing shoes of red hot iron.

OG Snow White didn't fuck around. Doing that to the evil queen was her wedding gift to herself.

Russia is a fuckhuge country that spans from Europe to Asia, plenty of Russians, especially further east, look Asian.

>forcing something to dance to death
We Majora's Mask now?

>dying of hypothermia (which is peaceful)

but they're not russian, they're asian.

It's part of the Walt Disney Animation Studios Shorts compilation movie.

It's under Disney Short films. It's grouped with a whole bunch of others like Paperman and the one with the dog eating people food.

They were born in Russia, so technically they're Russians, Russian isn't an ethnicity it's a nationality.

Not to mention sleeping beauty
>falls asleep for a hundred years
>raped in her sleep by random stranger half ogre prince
>gives birth to twins in her sleep
>wakes up from one of her kids sucking on her finger out of hunger
>prince returns and marries her
>ogress mother takes issue with this shit
>she wants to eat the bride and children
>they fake her out with animals and then shove her into a pit of vipers she was going to throw sleeping beauty into after discovering the trick

Disney sanitizes their films because otherwise they'd be hard Rs at best.

If you're not blonde haired or blue eyed you're not russian in my books

Ah, thank you!

If anyone else is confused, search on Netflix for Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films (the thumbnail is fucking Frozen, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's worthless shit) and go to timestamp 16:40 (for a bit of commentary) or 17:20 for the short proper.

I've always thought of Russians as being dark haired and ambiguously jewish looking.

Why would the descendants of Mongols have blond hair and blue eyes?

You're thinking of Belarusians. Wrong russians.

you're describing italians

>Ah, well, yes, you see, one of the things that makes folks even more jolly is knowing there're people who ain't

It's Danish yah dingus.

Everything Christian Andersen writes is fucking depressing, is like if Edgar Allan Poe decided he wanted to write children books.

at the end, you no longer feel cold, only warm.

>mfw my first grade teacher read the book to my class

Hans Christian Anderson ring any bell? It's a Danish fairy tale you dolt. Disney set the short in Russia, probably because the imagery lends itself better to being immediately recognizable.

>Everything Christian Andersen writes is fucking depressing
The Little Mermaid isn't that depressing after he revised the ending twice to make it so.

I mean she basically gets everything but the guy, who was an asshole so that's good too.

Still super depressing when you know Andersen kept falling in love with all sort of people and no one ever fell in love with him in return ;-;

But Little Match Girl has a happy ending. Her life was shit and now she gets to party in heaven with the only person who ever treated her well.

Someone's life being so shit that dying is the better option is still sad.

The ending is literally her hallucinating as she dies of hypothermia. Sure Andersen was a religious guy who believed in heaven, but we all now better now.

Whether or not heaven exists in reality, it exists in the context of the story.

>but we all now better now
Do we? :^)

why didnt she just sell her "matchstick" if you know what i mean?

>Referencing the fucking manga bullshit

They deliberately try to make the villain deaths as violent as they can though.

All the "real" versions of fairytales with lots of gore and nightmare fuel probably weren't the versions Walt or anyone else at Disney grew up hearing. They probably picked up the sanitized version from their parents.

I mean they're folktales. Alternate tellings are common.

Fucking Netflixfag piss me off so much.

Because you know it's happened