Blade Runner 2049 is something truly special...

Blade Runner 2049 is something truly special, it's rare that you see a director so in control of their artistic vision and craft. It's a big budget art house film, so true and pure to the sheer art of filmmaking. Denis Villeneuve has now cemented himself as one of the great modern directors of film and his name carries some , his craftsmanship and vision for each project he goes into is admirable - he does things on his own terms, in his own way, not submitting to trite clichés due to the confines of budget Hollywood films and actually has respect for the audience and their intelligence rather than pandering to them, thinking they need their hands held to be able to 'get' a narrative. The film is as satisfying for the eyes as it is for the brain.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0VJQj5VbYHK
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this

wtf I love Villeneuve now

Mate it was great movie but don't go full reddit on us.

don't worry user, i only put a tiny taste of schezwan sauce on my popcorn while i watched it.

It's just one of the few genuine kinos that come out every year, and flop horribly.

Why are entry level plebs acting like they have taste for liking such a dishonest studio product?

this is some good satire OP.
interesting, what would you say are some other "kinos" of recent years?

i need that pic withouth the text

On the ebert scale I'd give it 2.5/4
It has many flaws you're just overrating it because your expectations are lowered from the movies that are normally produced these days

It's very likely that Ridley will hand him Alien over. He saved Blade Runner, he can also save the Alien franchise.

I don't think he'd like to do it, after all next year he has Dune. It's 3 years of SF movies.

i want this as a phone wallpaper is there a version without text?

I unironically feel this way

I want K's coat.

Now.

There isn't but i photoshopped out the "real human bean" text out for you

You didn't love him when he made Enemy or Prisoners?

>something

>truly

Everyone bare in mind this is the same board that thought Logan was award worthy.

>special

>has respect for the audience and their intelligence

What in the fuck are you talking about. They had flashbacks to scenes within the movie. The whole pregnancy thing was retarded and made no sense logistically. This movie was designed for idiots. Great cinematography though.

Enemy = good
Prisoners = THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.

>So in control of their artistic vision and craft

Don't you mean autistic vision, user?

lol

This movie was fine when it was just Ryan Gosling acting like an autist with his AI girlfriend.

The moment they introduced Harrison Ford and they went really hard into the whole replicant messiah thing this movie turned into pure schlock.

It even had the weird rebels that live in a sewer scene.

Dude this epic slow-sci fi kino really activated the synapses and provided true eye candy. I left the kinoplex feeling enlightened and knew god didn't exist too.

rogerebert.com gave it a 4/5 or 5/5 if I remember correctly

>i photoshopped out
I'll do it myself later with a bigger version if i find one but thanks anyways user

Lost all credibility for me early on when the recording of Decker
interviewing Rachel was changed from:

"Is this testing whether I'm a Replicant or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?"

to:

"Is this testing whether I'm a Replicant or a nympho, Mr. Deckard?"

I find it offensive that this was changed. Pandering to the LGBTQQIDZ++
bullies.

i think the guy happens to be dead mate
and its my personal opinion of the movie there were many things i didnt like
also i dont care what some random critic whos been chosen to somewhat replace ebert thinks

>it's rare that you see a director so in control of their artistic vision and craft.
>literally copy pasted the visual style and feel of the first film, or the now cliched cyberpunk aesthetic

>tfw anons make better posters than the film staff
Well, at least the film was great.

yeah no one cares also you are wrong

>tfw anons make better posters than the film staff
they were probably stretched on the budget desu

god fucking damnit I can't wait for a Blu-Ray rip

Yet you'll prattle on about how normies and sjw hate it? Why won't you Sup Forums posters accept the full Sup Forums and Sup Forums ideals?

I downloaded a CAM version to make sure I hadn't mis-heard. Rachel definitely says "nympho" instead of "lesbian". I am not wrong.

If no one cares, why purposely modify that original audio clip? It stuck out like a sore thumb to me. After that I wondered what other subliminal social engineering they were undertaking in the film.

4/10, made me recall when I saw the scene a couple of hours ago

I liked it a lot, especially the cinematography. But it's nothing new for Deakins. Hopefully he gets an Oscar, it's a decade overdue at least. Some of the shots from Jesse James and Sicario give me goosebumps.

I do have some complaints, though. The replicant baby plot is really contrived. So is having Deckard back. He's not an interesting character and I don't need to hear Harrison Ford's quips.

Would have been better to just make a fresh movie called 2049 or something and explore the newer ideas without having to jump through hoops to make sure it links up with Blade Runner. You can make a film that wears its influence on its sleeve without actually being an official sequel, but unfortunately if Villeneuve did that it would get called a rip off (and not have the budget).

The recent Alien movies are even more criminal for this. There's no need for Prometheus or Covenant to be Alien(tm) movies. All it achieves is undermining both the newer and older movies.

Why are you defending this? They have blatantly altered the film for political reasons. I watch films to get away from all that stuff.

the larger one i had, had some weird CC so tried to correct for it but here

>crazy loner user sperglord goes on a killing spree because his digital waifu that is programmed to make him feel good encouraged him to do so

This movie was more kino than I expected.
I went in expecting to hate it and I came out prefering it to the original.

keep your pseudo political bait out of this. Go back to trolling the Rick n Morty theards you rebel...
Did you check all 3 versions? Even the original movie went through a bunch of versions and changes if something this small is enough to ''ruin'' one of the best movies of the last 10 years for you I'm truly sorry for you

>art house
Jesus Christ.

>if something this small is enough to ''ruin'' one
I know. Believe me, I wish I could go back to being blissfully unaware.

I caught myself smiling multiple times while watching the film simply because of this
> it's rare that you see a director so in control of their artistic vision and craft
It felt so untampered with.

>keep your pseudo political bait out of this. Go back to trolling the Rick n Morty theards you rebel...
>my suspicions were correct
Thats adorable

>It felt so untampered with.

If that's true then Villeneuve needs to get better scripts because the script was absolute dogshit.

see

I don't know who you're trying to bait but I rewatched the original 2 days ago and she said "lesbian" in both.

>didn't make sense logistically
>logistically
This is the kind of brainlets that hate on Kino Runner. Stick to capeshit.

I'm not trying to bait anyone. The originals say "lesbian", Blade Runner 20149 definitely says "nympho".

The script is literally written by the same guy who wrote the script for the original.

Nah it said lesbian, I even paid special attention to it because I thought it was kind of a risky decision in today's environment.

Isn't a nympho above a lesbian in the Sup Forums hierarchy though
Why does this worry you

Yes and the studios obviously tampered with it because only a studio exec would think it's a good idea artistically to ruin all dramatic weight with flashbacks to scenes within the movie so idiots can follow along.

>all this faggots giving (you)s to an obvious troll claiming they changed lesbian into nympho
Goddammit, Sup Forums, how retarded can you be?

real human bream

jezz you need to stop giving a shit about what other people out of your reach do in their free time. There isn't even any prove this was done because of being PC. There could be a bunch of other reasons for example isn't ''nympho'' a much used word. This movie was confusing enough for normies as it is.

why even post? Why provide no argument whatsoever outside of "its bad?"

See
I know the site layout might be confusing for you since you are from Reddit, but it would be handy for you to get a hang of it.

>It felt so untampered with.
i feel like the studio did some fucky editing when goose got taken to the rebellion I didn't really see what was going on or where things where taking place I thought Luv took both harrison and gosling but the scene where the resistance find gosling looks completely different to where they were attacked

Flashbacks aren't a script issue, they're a directing or editing issue.
I didn't mind them too much, but could've done without them. They weren't blatantly obvious like recalling the one important sentence from earlier on to remind the viewers but rather a collection of things he had heard so far. A kind of a glimpse into his mind doing detective work.

>dramatic weight with flashbacks to scenes
they had flashbacks in the original and they used the same screenwriter you idiot stop being a nostalgia fag

She definitely says lesbian in 2049

I did hear it with mine own two ears

>If that's true then Villeneuve needs to get better scripts because the script was absolute dogshit.
Hampton Fancher wrote this one and the original probably with some input from ridley as he was exec prod.

I heard it with me mine 2 ears too

I only saw the german dubbed version but she said "lesbierin" here.
They basically used a straight voice clip from the original with the original dub voices from the 80s.

nice man thats better than mine. yeah so i barely have any experience with ps so i just waggled the healing brush around a bit for a quick favour for user.

the line straight from the CAM

vocaroo.com/i/s0VJQj5VbYHK

she clearly says "lesbian"

>there are people who saw this movie as a blurry cam rip on their shitty toshiba laptop
and some of them are literally posting on this board right now

don't look at me, amigo, only got the cam to refute that autist and his bait

seeing it for the second time in IMAX on tuesday

But you know those people are out there if a cam rip exists.
I loved the movie, but can't really imagine going to see it a second time in the theatre. It required such an emotional investment. That's a good thing btw.

based witcher Sup Forumsro