We´re gonna end the year with this

What kind of dumb shit do you expect from this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/12/21/will-the-final-issue-of-civil-war-ii-8-have-the-greatest-tease-of-all-massive-honking-spoilers/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2xifdO_l0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Civil War 3 should just be Steve Rogers getting pissed off that everyone keeps killing him.

Comic "fans" finding some way, any way, to hate it and not enjoy the experience of reading comics.

AmIright?

To its credit , its not the worst comic book I read , but its still really bad.

What's this shit about anyway?

maybe if you spent less time on Sup Forums and more time writing you would've finished this on time, Bendis

Tony isn't even killed, just put in a coma. It'd be easy for him to just pull the plug on himself and fire up the next backup body but he figures 'I am in a coma this is totes just a crude AI and not a digitized soul' is a good excuse to rest his laurels and focus on a few passion projects while the world keeps spinning without him.

Steve will not only fake his death in Miles' arms but also masquerade as his next replacement so that he can keep operating while still being a martyr.

SCANBRO! I SUMMON THEE!

How do we know Tony isn't dead-dead?
On more than one occasion he's created a back-up A.I. of his own brain, they've kinda been moving toward him becoming a post-humanism self-creation for a long time now.
And that is where the IRL cutting-edge conceptual science is going these days.

scan bro scan bro scan bro
>scan bro scan bro scan bro

A bunch of upset DCuck drones complaining about diversity ruining comics they don't read

I myself generally never lay these anti-Marvel shitposts at the feet of DC, I figure they're actually trying to enjoy comics over there in good faith as well, so Sup Forums is my boogeyman of choice in these matters.

bendis tries really hard to have his cake and eat it too but usually ends up undermining either point he could have made. killing peter so he could make miles the star, then reviving peter so he could give miles his blessing
trying to make both tony and carol have a compelling argument in CWII only for them both to seem like quibbling children
tony hiring MJ as a jiminy cricket regarding people and his company, then immediately vanishing to go infiltrate a clan of cyborg ninjas in japan,
Miles going up against someone he can't just beat with a single venom strike, only to go and defeat him with multiple venom strikes

you see what I mean?

Ever see Minority Report?

They essentially ripped off the plot from that with Captain Marvel using the inhumans foresight to start her own pre-crime unit. Stark is against this from the beginning, though once Danvers pre-empts Thanos and gets Rhodey killed, Tony goes from passive to aggressive.

Yeah but then something terrible would happen like the coma Tony would come out of his coma with a copy of his mind and become evil... Or at the least be a room mate.

>though once Danvers pre-empts Thanos and gets Rhodey killed, Tony goes from passive to aggressive.
Which was pretty fucking dumb.
Going after Thanos wasn't like Minority Report at all. It was like getting intel that a dangerous criminal is going to attack a certain place at a certain time and going after him. The fact that Tony died has nothing to do with using precognition, unlike with Banner.

Scanbro; stop the suffering and leak this garbage!!!!

SCANBROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Jesus! I keep hearing how it's "lazy writing" to do the Minority Report scenario but have you idiots ever stopped to think about how dumb it would look if Marvel never does this story when they have all those psychics running around in their books? How stupid and lazy it would be to just ignore the question of why they don't ever do it?
This is not the laziest choice of all of their options, so stop pretending you've found this big gotcha.

Or do you think DC comics came up with a better solution for why there's no future crime policing by Superman and the Flash? You want to recommend that read?
Guess what- You can't. It doesn't exist because they just ignore the question at DC. That's actually lazy.

The last line of this post made me realize how much this event has made to the Captain Hydra plot.
He pretty much orchestrated a Civil War without no one even knowing it.

How the fuck did Ulysses foresee Thanos coming anyway, since his power - apparently - isn't real precognition or clairvoyance at all, just the incredibly accurate assessment of available data from all channels? There were NO channels telling anyone Thanos was coming.

The problem is they HAVE done these kind of stories,tony had a machine that could tell te future in the 90s but all te avengers realized it he future is always in flux.samething with the guardians of the galaxy and with the x men,it's a concept that's been handled quicker with less causalities and characters acting reasonable.Despite this everyone is treating Ulysses like a once in a lifetime occurrence when really his powers work exactly the same as Tonys future machine they do probability meaning other mutant future seers like fucking scarlet witch are far more accurate

>Guess what- You can't. It doesn't exist because they just ignore the question at DC. That's actually lazy.
I mean, it's the current arc in Action comics, and I'm pretty sure there must be older stories with a similar premise.

It's like that thing where a superhero doesn't seem all that impressive until there's a storyline set up where they can just unleash their full destructive potential and fuck some shit up.
Here Captain America's tactical brilliance isn't being used to maneuver an overpowered team of Avengers against either a single opponent or their multitude of worthless minions, Steve is actually shown in the lion's den surviving by his wits alone when not even fate or the fans are on his side. And he's pulling it off!

S C A N B R O
C
A
N
B
R
O

But that just adds more credence to Tony taking his position against Carol's over-eagerness, he's made this mistake before and now he knows better while Carol hasn't learned this lesson yet. Hell, he even tried to use that "future in flux" argument to discredit Ulysses in an early issue.
And FYI: half of the superheroes are NOT treating Ulysses like a once in a lifetime occurrence. They can see that he's no magic bullet. That's what they're fighting about.

Dude tony did NOT learn a lesson hell that machine was the reason he believed in registration and only after reed made him lose it did he give it up.It also doesn't help that Carol is being written as incredibly unreasonable ignoring both beast and Tonys proof that Ulysses powers aren't perfect.Likewise another problem of CW2 is that no one is really FIGHTING over the issue but Carol and tony,no one seems to have voiced an opinion in the main book they all show up in the main book for one fight(with Blue marvel and Luke cage on the wrong sides btw),but afterwards they all fuck off.No arguements Boone but Tony is trying to stop Carol and no one but Carol seems to care,he'll they even leave miles alone after the vision.This isn't a war or moral conundrum that divides the heroes to there core it's a hissy fit between two friends over a dead guy.Its a petty fight with loose justification that's just dragging the other guys in for a splash page or two.Its not answering some dire question of marvel heroes ethics it's just struggling to justify itself.Outside of the guardians in not seeing any pro-Ulysses heroes in any tie in or the main series and that is a problem

Is there any guide for what to sacrifice to summon Scanbro?

>even the actual teenagers like Kamala and Miles quickly realise that it's fucking dumb
>Carol continues to think that she's right
The worst part is that Carol won't have to pay for what she's done after this, and she'll still think that what she did was right, so she ultimately hasn't even learned anything.

Also that still doesn't explain why anyone on carols side(pretty much just the guardians who HAD a future teller on there team who was more accurate) is using Ulysses a rooky inhuman and not the dozen other more effective future seers or machines,it's not like Carol couldn't just ask Wanda for her dream journal

S_C_A_N_B_R_O

So I'm a bit confused with marvel's time table

Civil war 2 happens after they 1 year break after Battle World, right? And Tony dies sometime in the 1 year break, comes back to find Doom masquerading as the new Ironman, then "dies" in CV2 via 1v1 with Capt Tom Cruise?

So it should be
>Battleworld
>undisclosed year where Tony dies
>Start of this all new Marvel crap
>Civil War 2 happens
>Tony pushes Marvel too hard and she rekts him

Iron Doom takes place post CW 2, Marvel delayed a few CW 2 issues and as a result books meant to come out after #8 were released before it.

Are you right now holding an issue of "Dr. Doom: the Iron-Man" that you picked up over a year ago?

No? Then don't post about what you read in it.

I have not been following this at all. Is CW2 over yet?

>I'm a bit confused

...Not 'a bit', user.

There is no 'one year break' after Secret Wars, there was a sort of eight-month skip which was basically an off-screen replay of the eight months before the Final Incursion which had all those stories somehow still happening without the universe being destroyed. They have never really come out and explained it.

Tony did not die, he just carried on - it was not explained how he got uninverted, or how his fight with Captain America right before Secret Wars turned out or whether that even happened (see above).

Iron Doom happens AFTER Civil War II. Don't you just love event deadlines?

Wednesday.

next issue is the last?

Yup.

Mind you, there won't be any surprises left.

bleedingcool.com/2016/12/21/will-the-final-issue-of-civil-war-ii-8-have-the-greatest-tease-of-all-massive-honking-spoilers/

Civil War 2 was planned to end in September/October.

Even if I hate this book , I am still curious to see what these 8 pages are. One of those is obviously the Scarlet Spider tease , but still interested

Apparently one of the futures is Tony Stark going to war with the Inhumans. Maybe that's an already-defunct future.

*summons franklin richards*

dude please, reset mainstream marvel universe and remove everything wrong with it, we have to engage our reader with new interesting and good content

It would be great if every writer and character shit all over Carol like they shit all over Tony after Civil War 1 but it's not gonna happen.

user, I'd agree with you most of the time. People are too quick to just shit on any book Marvel puts out because they bought into the memes.

But CWII is really and truly bad. Not the worst comic of the year, but it's still pretty fucking bad. I'll read it for Marquez' art and to see this trainwreck of a plotline through to the end, but shitting on it is a coping mechanism for how much damage it caused the books.

>They essentially ripped off the plot from that with Captain Marvel using the inhumans...

lol say no more. I knew their bullshit was involved somehow.

There's still The Oath, but basically.

SHADILAY, SHADILAY

Yeah, even in the tie-ins, it's less "I hold a strong opinion on this and that's why I chose this side" and more "Carol/Tony called in a favor to have me on their team." Half of the CWII tie-ins were Carol and/or Tony (or someone on their "side') going to the title character and asking them to help them fight, then that character going "n-no, I think I'm good. I'm not big on more hero vs. hero shit." only for Tony/Carol to call in some kinda favor to get them on their side.

The difference is that Tony won CWI which led to Registration continuing to be a thing and thus causing continued stress for the entire line of heroes.

With Carol, she may win the physical fight, but the Predictive Justice Program is still getting shut down meaning Tony is the one who ACTUALLY wins CWII, he just ends up in a coma.

So there really isn't anything for anyone to continue being pissed about because Predictive Justice will be gone after CWII. No lasting ramifications for anyone besides Clint, Jen and Tony.

Mighty Kek has spoken.

>There were NO channels telling anyone Thanos was coming.
Sure there were.

>faux Cosmic Cube on Earth (actually an ISO-8 Cube since the Beyonders are gone so they couldn't make a new actual cosmic cube)
>Thanos re-enters the universe and attacks a Shia'ar space station asking about the cosmic cube
All this was ambient information that Ulysses would have pulled from. Remember that Ulysses had two visions about Thanos. The first was just "oh fuck, Thanos" which is probably from him entering the universe, then the second was "Thanos shows up at the project pegasus facility to get the cosmic cube" from Thanos' attack on the shia'ar base.

At least Kamala isn't sucking Carol's clit anymore, I guess.

Minority Report was the best science fiction movie of its decade though.

>With Carol, she may win the physical fight, but the Predictive Justice Program is still getting shut down meaning Tony is the one who ACTUALLY wins CWII, he just ends up in a coma.

True, and reading that first Captain Marvel issue where they keep going on about her "win" and how she should just enjoy it all makes no sense. She lost in the sense that her entire program is completely fucked and gone. I guess she won in the sense of winning the hearts and minds of Marvel's retarded civilians, but is that truly a win?

I know her issue is supposed to focus on that, but the entire premise of people pushing her to enjoy it is flawed. And of course I don't buy that Marvel civvies are falling heads over heels for her in the first place.

TLDR; this entire thing is fucking garbage.

SCANBRO PLS SAVE US WE ARE BEEGING YOU

>there was a sort of eight-month skip which was basically an off-screen replay of the eight months before the Final Incursion which had all those stories somehow still happening without the universe being destroyed
Wait, so you're saying shield hunting the illuminati, and cyclops saying lolno to Charles' will and getting himself a phoenix egg happened but (according to the story) nothing came out of it?

Is this the work of an enemy stand?

DCFriend here. Too busy enjoying Rebirth and going to the gym to care how fucked up CWII is. This is all Marvelfag hatred, bro.

Moon and District 9 were far better.

In the scanner, the bro and the Sup Forums spirit, i pray for scanbro to deliver us from this evil, amen.

I am with the force. The force is with me.

Not that guy, but Marvel has been extremely sparse with this. Basically God Reed just before the SW finale made it so that the Incursions retroactively never happened. *Something* with multiversal crisis potential happened and *something* happened at the time we saw the Final Incursion happen. People remember that it was supposed to be the end of the world except the world didn't end.
So most of what we saw happen in the published stories still happened, just not most of what had to do with the Incursions. So Scott never needed to find a Phoenix Egg, the Illuminati never reformed etc. It's still unclear what changed due to T'challa being sent to the past to a renewed New Avengers v3 #1 and what changed due to God Reed.

>Tony won both Civil Wars
Truly the hero that Marvel Universe deserves

What I always expected of Bendis: Endless back and forth, tell-don't-show (yes, it's supposed to be the other way around), disrespecting character, ignoring continuity, shocking for the sake of shock.

Hopefully Miles Morals channeling Urkel:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2xifdO_l0

Also: Killing Banner but also inexplicably having Doc Samson alive and showing that the Old Man Logan future would come to pass (which needs Banner alive)

Wasn't Miles on Tony's side? Doesn't that mean "The Side that Miles Morales is on wins" gets filled on the bingo card?

That's some quality nostalgia, Sup Forumsmrade.

Think he went Switzerland, with rest of TEEN TRINITY.

you realize you are begging to read scans of a shit comic? get some better taste

That happened after the CW was over

We just want the pain to end already

>There were NO channels telling anyone Thanos was coming.
Sure there was

Yeah, it's really pretty fucking amazing that Bendis undermined the "shocking deaths' in the very first fucking issue by having Doc Samson show up just to tell us that deaths don't matter in the Marvel Universe and then ending it by once again undermining it by explicitly stating that Hulk would be back via the implication that OML's future is still a possible future.

I'm sure you can wait the two fucking days to just read the scan. If you want to read a leaked comic, then go read the Hulk #1 that not-Scanbro did. Read a good comic instead of a shit one. Then go out and buy Hulk #1 on Wednesday because it was pretty fucking good.

We will eat it up anyway , user . Such is the nature of Sup Forums

They kill tony and everybody goes 'omg carol you were right we're SO sorry' and then she faces 0 consequences for her actions

How insecure are you my dear mouseketeer?