Gwenpool

>gwenpool
>spider-gwen
>miles
>kamala

Are they the unholy symbolic quartet of why Marvel is fucking awful anymore?

no, that's Bendis, Axel Alonso, Ryan North, and Erica Henderson

I miss Punisher MAX.

can we add in kate leth just because?

Only straight male Christian pure white Aryan master race protagonists allowed

We don't have a Barracuda ongoing. That's why Marvel sucks.

Kate Leth falls under the category that Ryan North is emblematic of, webcomic writers who don't produce anything noteworthy or just produce outright shit but people slobber all over them because omg I read their webcomic in college and now they are in the BIG TIME

I like Blade, The Thing, and Storm

So I have black friends

The Thing is jewish.

I have black friends and one Jewish guy I like (I wouldn't be friends with him)

Okay?

Miles and Kamala are perfectly fine characters, in theory. It's how they're actually written that makes them such utter shit.

So long as they trigger normies, they're alright by me

>implying anybody over 20 or so or anybody who's been into comics for longer than the last few years enjoys them

But Kamala a cute

You forgot Jane Foster, Carol Danvers, Sam Wilson, Sam Alexander, Riri Williams, Kate Bishop, Laura Kinney, Moon Girl, Inhumans, O5, Mockingbird and pretty much everything else too because anything Marvel comes up with is fucking awful.

OBJECTIVE FACTS:
Kamala is a perfectly fine character in what was the first good, original teen series Marvel did in years, only started to suffer recently because of overexposure and crossovers
Miles WAS perfectly fine in Ultimate, it just retarded to bring him to 616 and make him even blander and more pointless by cutting his ties with his supporting cast
Spider-gwen could've been fine if she wasn't viraled to death at her start and her derivativeness wasn't put under a spotlight by all the Spider-verse shit she was immediately put into and is now primarily associated with
Gweenpool is where they went full retard, although the first mini was really much better than it had any right to because the concept was strong. They should've left it at that and just do a couple of specials a year instead of an ongoing people here praise just because of le CUTE! CUTE! meme

No, it's Brevoort, Alonso, Bendis and Perlmutter.

Normies aren't even reading comics. They watch movies, they play video games, they don't even know who Kamala is and they don't care to find out either, because she has not been in a movie.
Fanboys is the word you're looking for.

But fanboys is all that Marvel comics have, so it's not really a good idea to trigger them. As evidenced that none of the titles OP has mentioned even make it to Top 100 anymore.

I do not consider a character who has adopted the Ms. Marvel title, to be original.
She has every making of an original character except for the most important one: The Title.
She too, needed and/or needs an established title to have herself established. Despite everything else, that makes her a legacy character.

I agree with the rest of the points you're making. But I have to add that Miles was perfectly because he was contained in 1610 and therefore he could be completely ignored, now that he's shoved into the main reality, he has become very annoying.

hang on, falcap is pretty alright, at least he was in the beginning

stopped reading it after spencer started writing it

But Gwen and Kamala are so cute...

>the first mini was really much better than it had any right to because the concept was strong
She never had a "first mini" so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, the concept behind Gwenpool is awful. It's good on the back of the great creative team making a great comic out of a shit concept.

And no, people praise it because it's a good comic. Yes, there's plenty of CUTE! CUTE! shitposters, but pretending like every bit of praise is about that just because it helps you dismiss the character is sad. Sad!

Ms. Marvel
Spider-Miles
Captain Falcon
Captain Marvel
Moon Girl

All are wonderful characters.

The rest can go.

Fpbp

user, I'm a Carolfag.
Carol did FUCK and ALL for Ms Marvel as a brandname. It's essentially empty space.
Kamala's done more to give it a consistent tone & expectations in 4 years than it had accumulated in the prior 40. Let is lie, 'aight?

Didn't Spencer always write Captain Falcon?

Gotta agree with this poster, Carol works a lot better as Captain Marvel than Ms Marvel.

Spencer wrote him since the beginning

What if Barracuda got into Mahvel? Would you main him?

>Didn't Spencer always write Captain Falcon?
Nope. Remender wrote him in All-new Captain America and Ewing wrote him in Captain America & the Mighty Avengers. Spencer was only put on the book because Remender left Marvel to go creator owned-only after Secret Wars. Same reason Lemire ended up on X-men.

>Spencer wrote him since the beginning
Read the names on the bottom there. Do you see "Spencer" written anywhere?

Kamala was good in her first volume. Haven't read past that. Did they fuck her up?

The second volume starts with her suddenly being a member of the Avengers, then once the book started getting back into its rhythm it was wrapped into a CWII tie-in that lasted too long and was the worst arc of the either volume. And then the most recent issue was a voting PSA that came out AFTER the election.

Meanwhile, she was added to the Champions wherein she's written like an insufferable cunt.

2016 was not a good year for Kamala Khan.

The fact that the idea of Gwenpool is shit is the main reason why I keep an eye on the comic. Watching writers make steak out of offal is pretty fun.

>Marvel so shit right now that Deadpool is one of their quality ongoing comic and it hit hard due to CWII
man, that sad

He mad right there

other writers got to handle her.
event tie-ins are terrible.

so the usual reason why Marvel characters go to shit.

Objective fact:

Miles will be fine once Bendis stops writing him and they give him more interactions with Ganke, unique villains, and most importantly, Bombshell (best love interest)

So it was Remender who turned Redwing into a vampire, not Spencer?

>Carol works a lot better as Captain Marvel than Ms Marvel

I think Carol would work best if she was dead. I don't know what marvel expects to see when normies go to watch the movies with her.

>wow wtf why is this no name shitting on all the best marvel heroes

and then the sales will be shit

>I don't know what marvel expects to see when normies go to watch the movies with her.

The same thing they got with other less famous characters like Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man - giant piles of money.

I wouldn't go that far, desu. Not yet, anyway. She's got way more potential as Cap, definitely.
More like: Ms Marvel works a lot better as Kamala than Carol.
Ant-Man was a no name.
Panther was a no name.
Strange. etc..

I don't think Kamala deserves to be lumped in with those three.

>ant-man
>panther
>strange
>no-names

Most normies know who those are. They aren't no-names

That's what makes it such good bait.

Yeah, now they do.

>Get raped by her own reality-warping son
>Get power-drained and lobotomized by Rogue
Literally the only two major contributions Carol ever made to Marvel history under the Ms. Marvel name.

But Kamala's original run was great until it was forced to join in with all the fucking events and there's nothing wrong with her as a character

Lady Thor, Mockingbird, and Bendis are the dark trinity

Correct.

Now they do, they didn't know two years ago.

Most of my normie friends will see any movie Marvel Studios puts out because they have such a good track record. They won't run out and buy comics, but at least they know who the characters are now.

See, I'd say the same for Gwenpool.

>Bendis is a fictional character

That explains so much.

Jane's book is much better than Spider-gwen's. Mockingbird was an 8 issue run with 6 decent issues and 2 bad ones, but the 2 bad ones are the only ones anyone has bothered to read because Outrage Culture is all the rage with kids these days and no one even gave a shit about the book until AFTER it was cancelled both for and against.

can you post the full image of what thats from

>force a meme
>fail
LITERALLY the only contributions you've ever made to life.

Good point.

And it just occurred to me - Outrage Culture is a nerd thing, just ask Tom Bervoot what sells comics.
Yet another thing SJWs have culturally appropriated from us.

>Mockingbird was an 8 issue run with 6 decent issues and 2 bad ones

The "feminist agenda" issue (#03) and which other one?

gwenpool is literally the only readable marvel comic since they ended howard the duck

although that might be because i just like having fun

I'd say both, but can totally see why people take umbrage.
'Specially with GWEN!

And honesty I've not seen enough outright shit from the other two to get antsy over. Fucking Angela knocks either of them out of the park.

gwenpool is a pretty fun read

You may like the latest New Avengers and upcoming USAvengers.
Presuming you're not the type to get easily triggered by "the gays".

Brevoort and Alonso are the same sort of "editor who spends more time stirring controversy than editing"

Barracuda is ugly as fuck

Even mood lighting can't make that shit look edible. The full sausage in the back looks like a sebaceous cyst somebody cut off the shoulder of a indigent drunk.

>If you don't like these shitty characters then you're a racist!

This is why they are the worst.

That has nothing to do with the characters themselves though.
And can be applied to every single such character introduced since the 60s.

Those creators didn't actively condemn criticism of their characters though. Now, if you say you don't like something about one of them, you're a racist, because they were created with nothing else in mind other than portraying the author's political beliefs.

>The "feminist agenda" issue (#03) and which other one?
#8. That was an unbelievably hot fucking mess. Retconning the rape of Mockingbird but not retconning her killing her rapist? Meaning that instead of:
>gets drugged and raped, then kills her rapist
It's now:
>runs off and has an affair with a ghost cowboy, then kills him for being too clingy and tells her husband that she was raped to excuse the fact that she cheated on him

It's so unbelievably tone deaf in so many ways, ontop of the issue itself literally just being the writer putting in all her friends. It's one of the single worst issues of the year for so many different reasons. But other than that issue and the third issue, it's a perfectly fine book. Even good at times.

Gwenpool is good, but it's not even Marvel's best current ongoing. That'd be Foolkiller RIP or Ultimates^2.

Oh! Now I remember. That didn't strike me as much since I was never into West Coast Avengers as a kid.

Mockingbird deserves credit for making their first issue about going to the doctor, and making genuinely interesting.

Do you think we praise Ultimates too much?
I agree, but that's irrelevant.