Will the 90s ever be surpassed?

Will the 90s ever be surpassed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6F0mblZdFXk
youtube.com/watch?v=j3l2BqYxYH0
youtube.com/watch?v=5pOFKmk7ytU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The 90s wasn't even better than the 80s.

no, they won't stop living off of internet 90's nostalgia and that level of marketing will never exist

Those costumes look like shit compared to Zyuranger.

80's and 90's are equally amazing. Even the radio's been lately airing Jennifer Paige's Crush, Radiohead, Smash Mouth, and so many other great 90's music.

Reminder that Dragonranger's armor looks shitty because Saban fucking lost the original prop sent by Toei so Saban had to make a replacement.

Radiohead were in their prime in the 2000's though.

Never knew this. Is the one in OP the shitty one?

Yes.
I mean its obvious because its being filmed in the American set.

Never watched the original and it's been ages since I saw Mighty Morphin.

To me the 90's were the best decade, i was born in 91 though. Everyone keeps doing 80's revival since the 90's ended. But when i was a kid i thought the 90's were the best. The music especially. There was so much more variety in music. Rock, metal, rap, r&b, electronic music, pop.

A decade were kurt cobain, trent reznor, tupac, thom yorke, could all exist at the same time. Electronic music was better too. None of this "EDM" american horse shit. The brits really did electronic music way better. Thrash metal, black metal, fuck even nu metal

Modern mainstream music seems to have been whittled down to just pop and pop rap...

The 90's was the big indie movie boom too, started by the illustrious sexual harasser himself harvy weinstein. smith, tarintino, spike lee, robert rodruguiz, etc

anime was better, comics were better, tv was better.

I dont know why, i just liked the 90's better.

Just move to Japan and you can be in that world again.

>Never watched the original
Well get to it nigger.

Ha ha! Yeah!

>tfw i'm a youngfag and was practically only able to experience the 90's as a sperm

I agree, but OK Computer in 1998 was when they really hit their stride.

I agree with you on all your points.

The 90's was also the last decade before PCness infected the landscape. I don't think people should be assholes to one another and doing some pretty insensitive shit is uncalled for, but SJWs have become obnoxious today.

The 1994 film PCU eerily predicted what the 2010's was going to be like.

youtube.com/watch?v=6F0mblZdFXk

youtube.com/watch?v=j3l2BqYxYH0

The new Power Rangers movie is better, its dark and gritty and shows how real people act in a given situation.

The director also got rid of the retarded outfits and them saying morphin time which makes no sense a battle would stop so they could mumble their nonsense.

New power rangers rebooted the franchise to bring it back to life, we need to be thankful for this new interpretation that brings the real world into the power rangers universe showing how dark and grim the real world is and how society is falling apart, children must be taught this or they wont know the truth about how the world is not the way it should be!

Too bad the new PR movie didn't make enough of a profit to justify those 5 sequels.

>retarded outfits

To be fair, spandex looks like shit for a superhero costume. And the Rangers lacked muscular like other superheroes in-suit.

Grandpa here. I was born in 1982 and can confirm that getting to grow up in the Clinton years was indeed great.

2000s > 90s > 80s > 2010s

You faggots cannot prove me wrong.

i hated power rangers because it used to be put on saturday morning tv in romania when i actually wanted to watch something i liked
dont even remember the original things i wanted to watch but it was so shitty

It's true. 2000-2006 was the peak of human culture. 2007 and on was it's descent into degeneracy.

>black ranger is black
>yellow ranger is asian
>pink ranger is female
>white ranger is white until he goes on a vision quest and learns he's actually native american at which point Zordon immediately makes him the red ranger
You certainly can't get away with this kind of stuff anymore, that's for certain.

eerily kafkaesque

>being underage

2000's are a mixed package.

January 1 2000 to September 10, 2001 was still the 90's. Post-9/11, the currents definitely changed.

I do concede that 2002 to 2006/2007 was still fun as fuck. Late 00's was good in the sense that tech was advancing everyday with neat stuff like smartphones, but social networking + SJW started to kill the fun in that decade.

But I think the 90's edges out the 80's and 00's because not only did the Cold War end and 90's kids became the first generation to not worry about nuclear apocalypse in 40+ years, the economy was good, any college graduate from 1990 to 1999 could still get a decent job. Plus the dot com bubble hadn't burst yet and the early days of the Internet was fun despite being 56k restricted.

I do think that the way women looked in the 1980's was awesome. They were all into fitness and I loved the way they did their hair and those high-waist bikinis. It was the last decade where women embraced being women.

the new CGI outfits are better, their much more realistic with almost no color so you cant tell them apart which would be stupid in any real battle.

That is why everyone loves the new power rangers and hate the old ones since they looked like something made for children.

You're clearly another rosy-eyed youngfag. Political correctness was huge in the 90's (the term was even invented around then or just before the 90's). People eventually got sick of it and it died off for a while. Now we're continuing where they left off. Muh oppression, gender expression, etc, it was all there.

That movie didn't "eerily predict" anything. It was mocking the political correctness of its day.

Stupid numale

>friends from grade school used to call me on my CHORDED HOME PHONE to actually 'ask' for advice on video games
You just don't get that sense of community anymore.

Kino.

College campuses were always hotbeds for left wingers. I'm liberal on most social issues, but I really detest what the left is today.

Back in the 90's, the only way people could broadcast themselves to a wider audience was either public access TV, newsletters, or radio. The Internet + fiber optic connection gave these nutjobs a means to spread their ear poison and find validation in echochambers with other like-minded cancer.

wasn't that hard

>needing tips and hints on 80s/90s vidya

kek fucking plebs

>that spandex

JUST FUCK MY BONER UP

There was PCness but nowhere near the kind of shit that we've had in the past couple years.

I mean, we had problems back then, but one of the messages that we learned in the 90's was trying to work together to solve them. Now everyone's a hateful fucktard and if you don't agree with 100% of someone's views, you're treated like a heretic and should be publicly shamed by loud-mouthed bloggers, protesters, etc.

The 90's had problems and I'd gladly take that era over today's cesspool.

>There was PCness but nowhere near the kind of shit that we've had in the past couple years.

No shit. Each time, a bit more "progress" is made, and less things are acceptable to say or think. But the 90's was not "the last decade before PC infested the landscape." It was just another cycle in the process.

>You certainly can't get away with this kind of stuff anymore, that's for certain.
You sure about that friend? Cover from the new comic from Boom comics for Go Go Power Rangers.

Be warned there is no SJW bullshit like the movie if that is what your into, no lesbians and the characters all depressed.

>but I really detest what the left is today.
Probably because your a nazi, people must be taught that LGBTQW+ rights and diversity are what is important not white people or their interests. If you really were a liberal like the rest of us you would never take the side of any white person since everyone is working hard to destroy them and make sure that every last one is hunted to extinction.

But is it good?

>soft dragon armor
>those thick ass neck socks
they do look terrible

>But is it good?
They are 3 issues in right now, so far I have read the first one. It seems perfect for me being new to the series, its less a reboot and more it starts it seems after they get their powers or whatever it is.

I gotta say the art is 10/10, kind of surprised because its not marvel or DC with all their money to buy whoever they want.

For the first issue I gotta say its dam good and Im not a power rangers fan, missed that whole craze, but reading this makes me feel like I want to hang out with the characters. I didnt get that feeling from the movie.

Here is the actual cover that got my gfs attention while out shopping for stuff. It seems to have it all she said, it had a zord, the characters, and their colors or whatever Im not sure what to call it.

When humans colonize space and our civilization becomes separated once again, as it was before the internet revolution.

The progress was a lot more acceptable in the 90's because it wasn't in your face, but tried to teach you and guide you with adages and examples to make you consider someone else's POV and being a decent person.

I know people mock Very Special Episodes and those After School Specials, but they took slices of life and applied it to a general audience. Hell even Daria brought up whether it was fucked-up or not to not mourn a classmate that nobody liked. The 90's accepted that people are human and it's better to make people realize of their own volition to reform themselves and turn a better path.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Very Special Episodes? What does that have to do with PC. Stop pretending your child eye view of the 90's was in any way accurate.

If you mean the story in Power Rangers then yes. If you mean the action in Power Rangers then yes. If you mean the characters in Power Rangers then yes. If you mean growing up with a set of characters then no they'll never do continuing seasons again. If you mean that feeling of coming home from school to watch six super heroes fight monsters then no you're an adult and for whatever reason Nick fucks with the time slot so much you have a 6% chance of actually seeing it when it's supposed to be on also nobody has TV anymore.

If you just mean the era not any time soon.

Why is Recess the best kids show ever made?

>being this underage
kek, kid, they didn't hold your hand back then. 'Hard' mode was actually hard.

If you can't sing the Animaniacs theme song from start to finish, you don't know SHIT about entertainment.

youtube.com/watch?v=5pOFKmk7ytU

Thank you for the brief, will have to seek this out.

Did you watch Histeria after Animaniacs was discontinued? Haven't come many programs which were enjoyable to child and adult audiences in a long time, but I'm not exactly looking anymore.

already has been

>pink was the leader
MOMMY