What's the consensus on Alien: Covenant? Was it kino?

What's the consensus on Alien: Covenant? Was it kino?

yes anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian faggot

Entertaining, in a modern dumb Hollywood blockbuster hopeful sense.

dude john denver lmao

shieet... just read he is making a sequel. the absolute madman.

better than the older alien movies (1,2) but not as good as 3 or 4.

he could take a hint from Villeneuve and realize that ''pacing'' isn't everything. He keeps capping valueable footage that is both informative and compelling (unlike Villeneuve's btw, which were mostly long-winded takes in BR2049) to keep his movies on the 2-hour mark.

wheat-kino

it was like "I Know What You Did Last Summer" wearing the corpse of a once great franchise

It's fucking terrible.

It was garbage, Fassbender was great though.

As a newcomer to the board, what do you guys mean when you say "Kino"??

it was Xenokino

Literally threw all arcs of Prometheus out the window. You could've never made Prometheus and nothing would've been lost on you. Poor Shaw.

Kino means cool story bro.

shite, like the whole franchise

Sums it up.

It's a shame that the best chance for the Alien franchise to move towards new, different, and interesting things (Prometheus) was bogged down by such shit execution that they had to resort to rehashing the old shit again.

Ironically, while I enjoyed it more than Prometheus it made me appreciate it better in retrospect. Too bad I figured out all major "twists" way too soon. To make it worse, without trying.

Bale the studio execs first, especially with the "we need more HowThoseMonstersCalled and up-close CGI action for da kids!!!" part. Even if Scott also played a major part in the result.

To me there's a good short story in there about David's hubris and that's it. The rest can literally go straight to the bin

i think it's just impossible to make an interesting alien sequel/prequel, that's why all three movies are basically same shit. but as soon as Ridley is directing and quality of kino/sets/actors remains the same i'm ok with it. first hour of covenant was neat

It looks great, but script is boring. Would rather watch whole movie with architects doing experiments, than muh evil sex robot loves ayy lmaos and hates humus.

its was shit, pure and unadulterated shit

>architects
They are engineers, user.

You mind telling us what they engineered?

Life.

Fassbender was the only reason to watch it. His scenes with both androids are extremely good. That's about it. The scene where Walter corrects David about Ozymandias is perfect.

Sadly everything with the alien and the other characters is stupid.