Seriously, how is THIS considered an american cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7QDlqn7Hrw
youtube.com/watch?v=E40KiYBJAHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was made in America.

>Made by a Western studio
>Created my western creators
>Made for western audiences

I dunno OP. Do you think all the references in Panty & Stockings make it an american cartoon?

>drawn by gooks
Ok.

It was produced in America. That's what usually matters when categorization these.

99% of american cartoons are drawn overseas
the only difference is the style.

and this is a Japanese manga.
just because it looks like something doesn't make it that thing.

I just finished rewatching this anybody have a suggestion on what to watch next?
Something warm and happy with proper characters and a story and not Korra

RWBY is alright and has some interesting combat scenes

Good grief, Cal Arts made it to the East?
We're fucked

>RWBY

Rwby is shit.
>muh fight scenes
Fuck off. The three stooges had better fight scenes than that trash.

Honestly, based on the artstyle it's clearly not anime. I don't get why people try to force it into that category.

You are retarded, and your existence makes the board more stupid.

If you haven't already, I would check out some of the short-lived action series from the early 2010s; Sym-Bionic Titan, Motor-City, and Tron: Uprising in particular.

In my mind it should.
Style should be the defining categorizing factor.

>just because it looks like something doesn't make it that thing
Comics and cartoons don't do much else other than "looking like something". All they are is their looks. Except for the dialogue of course.

Wakfu

That's interesting, I'm exactly the opposite. I say that country of origin should be the deciding factor because the culture that the show was written in and for has a much greater impact on the show than its visual style. Who cares if a show looks like a stereotypical anime if it was clearly written for a western audience, or looks like a stereotypical cartoon if it was clearly written with a Japanese writing style and sense of humour?

>>drawn by gooks
ATLA was worked on by three different animation studios, with at least one being American.

>user asks for something warm and happy
>You reccomend RWBY

Didn't RWBY stop being warm and happy?

There should be a specific term for american shows that borrow stylistically from anime a la spaghetti westerns.

>some interesting combat scenes
emphasis 'some'
it's not really worth it though
maybe watch long enough for the nevermore guillotine and then drop it.

Personally, I don't think Style should be the defining categorizing factor. Because style's can obviously be influenced from other stuff.

like say Teen Titans or Avatar.It just doesnt sit right with me,calling it an anime.

I mean, I've been drawing stuff from anime since I was a kid, and still do so now. So naturally, Anime influenced my style (if you can call it a style.) yet it bugs me whenever anybody calls my work "anime-like"

Your work is anime-like though you retard.

Maybe anime-like isn't the right word I was looking for, but I do kinda hate it whenever somebody refers to it as anime style or just anime in general. you get unwanted attention like that

Avatar is obviously influenced by japanese animation, but it's even more obviously not anime.
Anime shouldn't even be a thing. Japanese animation has a lot of stylistic diversity, and to assign it all to a single category simply because it's made by japanese is oddly essentialist.
Wouldn't it be less odd if people said your work was "influenced by japanese animation styles" instead of "anime-like"?

RWBY is fucking shit.
Symbionic titan and wakfu were the only quality suggestions. Go home.

Sokka has a Santa Hat.

...because it was made in America, by Americans?

epic memes got any more

Actually it gets much better near the end of season 3...

Out of curiosity, what would you classify Samurai Jack?

It's pretty much anime-inspired.

/thread

>The three stooges had better fight scenes

Yeah right. And hemorrhoids are fun the third time around too. You people make me sick.

And I'd still would rather watch moe and curly fall of ladders instead.

>Implying that RWBY and RT isn't rapidly evolving and getting better
Hey, I agree that seasons one and two are shit, but there is some nice shit being put out there right now...

you seem to be upsetting yourself

Should've stuck with those retarded halo videos.
Face it ya throttle jockey, TTS has better fight scenes, story archs, and waifus than your poo in the loo tier pseudo China animation.

Seriously, how is THIS considered a japanese anime?

>TTS
what the fuck is that and stop making a show that has fans all around the world just because some idiots on Sup Forums like to nitpic at it na

It's only gotten warmer and happier. Episode 7 dropped for public yesterday and had a real dawww moment.

this one

>fans all around the world
I thought only developed countries had problems like obesity and 30 year old virgin men

>not knowing TTS
I guess being a winterfag is a thing. And to think we only have this issue in the summer.

ok let me ask why are guys like you so mad about this show

>mad
I ain't mad. Just like comparing chocolates. One fella (TTS enthusiast) and his dame are eating a chocolate mouse at a French restaurant... The other fella (r00bi fanboi) and his mom share a half melted Hersey bar found under their car seat.

That's all.

food analogy

No, the other one

this one?

But then you'd be confining your favorite media to some sort of specific style thus limiting creators' vision.

I tried to make it easier for you ta understand.

still dont understand why you hate a show you don't watch maybe it's a autism thing

Almost there. the setup for youtube.com/watch?v=x7QDlqn7Hrw
Finale is gonna be lit as fuck.

Well, you're wrong and stupid.

>Its a "The show is great you just have to waddle through hours upon hours of shit" episode.

Not everybody gets millions of dollars to spend per episode and a fully staffed studio and auxillary contractors mate. Even then, they often do worse than rwby's doing.

yap look at Berserk

youtube.com/watch?v=E40KiYBJAHM

Exactly, unlike TTS which keeps you hooked in within the first 5 minutes and keeps ya on the edge of yer seat for the whole arch.

>You don't like my bubblegum pink waifu Cum dumpster tumor of a show
>I-it's on the internets!
>u-u has the autism xDXdXD

Oh paleez, don't make me laugh. Just keep on wanking to your spergy japanamation of a failed abortion.

Let me guess, ya spank it when your mom gets up to go to her porcelain throne? That's the only reason why you probably watch the show.

>TTS
still dont know what that is why dont you spell it out and still why are you so worked up about the show

most 80-90s cartoon are drawn by gooks as well

Well i guess ya got a point. Greasy, stuttering spaghetti bois who can't make eye contact don't got a lot to look forward to life, if anything at all. If mommy-sonny r00bi time is what you live for each then so be it.
If was yer dad, I would've left too

>that art style looks way too cute for a Japanese manga
Does she get ritualistically murdered or something?

so you dont know why you hate it you just do let me guess what happened there was a thread bashing it so you wanted to hate it or you are one of those idiots from Sup Forums that hate it becomes people call it a anime and so now you hate it

>even light novel shit gets better production than Berserk
wtf Japan

>one of doz people from da japanamation board

Listen Mac, I ain't hatin on no otakus.
R00bi's just a backed up sewer of a short bus fire. That's it. I mean I'm experiencing its worshippers right now, and you guys don't exactly seem like a normal bunch.

At least us TTS fans have gfs, jobs, and typical lives...

Are you autistic by any chance?

holy shit guy are you ok

I'm peachy

The Rewb33 fan is the man u need to be concerned about.

what the fuck am i reading

A post. Just wake up your mom. She can read it to you if your dyslexia kicks in.

im so happy that i will never be this mad about a show

You got ass blasted when I didn't give a reason for hating your fap rag of a failed show.

I'm happy since it is still a proven fact that TTS > pubey

You guys are fucking retarded. This user has been pissing you guys off for so long.

When you find out what he means by TTS, you'll jump out a window. Stop getting baited so easily.

come on tell me what it is

...Some kind of all-girls anime air force?

Just read
You've been had. I haven't seen this good ol fashion trolling since 2008.

Me too, user.

This is so true. Man, that knucklehead really has a taste for the classics.

Damn it. Okay you caught me. That was pretty funny though. My roommate and I were laughing our asses off.

The joke was that he made everyone think that the three stooges was an anime and you guys got triggered when he talked shit about Rwby.

How can rubekins ever recover?

Kek, Sup Forums always takes bait.

>written by Americans
>cast was American
>production company is American
>somehow the art is more important