Why has Western animation gone to shit?

Why has Western animation gone to shit?

Why has Western entertainment gone to shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=9XEQUxFrPOI
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its called a fuckin animation style numnuts

The Jews controlling media

It was shit, it is shit. Nothing really changed.

dont shit on gumball or i will wangjangle your nuggles

They outsourced all the animation work to China. No joke, almost no animated TV shows are actually animated in the US.

>implying they wouldn't go full Canada on this thread

Cartoons died after the 90s. Real men watch anime now.

Damn Thomas Cole had talent

That's not true, this shit is made by American wimmins

You should see this doc, user youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

Da juice

Ren and Stimpy was GOAT in its time

>western
As if anime is any better you disgusting weeaboo.

This hurts so much.

Germany before and after 1945 ?

Flash animation is awful. Anyone who watches is it is a retarded pleb.

Can't masturbate to any of the old ones.

but start and gb?

nuttin

No one wants to train artists. Art, especially animation, isn't really revered in society. People think it just exists because when in reality some of the more memorable animation styles were helmed by creators who had classical art backgrounds and gave a shit about the stuff they made.

As if that didn't happen with old cartoons.

Sup Forums in the '40s:
>Why is that fucking rabbit wearing a dress and kissing men! Degenerate!

Sup Forums in the '50s:
>Why is there a fucking Mexican mouse in my cartoons! Degenerate!

Gravity falls and gumball are good though

isnt anime flash?

I've been watching the old Looney Tunes shorts lately and they are still amazing.

libshits in 2016
>Why isn't the character an omniqueer person of color

Maybe one or two shows a season max. Japan's chosen method of cheaping out seems to be 3DCG. The last majority is still hand-drawn.

There's a reason a certain period of time is called the golden age of animation. In the modern day, nobody does 2D animation anyway, it's all gone to computer generated 3D animation. That's what happened to animation.

Right? They must stay up nights trying to figure out how to shoehorn diversity into EVERY cartoon. It comes off as so forced.

I shall

Before and after modernism

anime as a whole has never been good

there are nuggets of entertaining and wholesome anime but 90% of it is either pandering or ridiculous garbage

Not really, that shit was comedic and ironic purely. Not like lesbians in shows now that are there unironically to push an agenda

Like art and architecture you only remember the best examples from history. No one gives a shit about shitty art or books that are locked up in some crate in Kenya.

The kids watching cartoons today aren't as intellectually developed, nor independent as we were as kids.

>t. jew

youtube.com/watch?v=9XEQUxFrPOI

Best TV aired animation of all time coming through.

This is true. There are just so many anime shows that there are also a lot of good ones, but those that are actually good make up less than %3 of the shows that come out

>digital = flash
>digital =/= hand drawn
I really wish these dumb meme misconceptions would stop

Couldn't give less of a shit about architecture . Why do you keep spamming it all over this board?

And race depictions in the old cartoons weren't there to push an agenda as well? Or how those old cartoons pushed certain military agendas?

bomb damaged?

This is Rat Fink on steroids hot damn

Art and architecture go hand in hand, look at ancient Rome. Also, kill yourself.

>watching old cartoons
>the animation is so dynamic and beautiful the animators can do anything they can think up

>watching new cartoons
>flat ass boring flash animation all done with the same angle 90% of the time

All the tumblr art college in the world isn't going to make you as talented as those meanie racists that drew black face in their cat and mouse cartoons.

outsourcing senpai

They were extremely racist depictions so it was just for laughs, not empathy. The war stuff is just regular propaganda every country will have.

No, reconstructed for modernism

Literally communism

>hana barbara

I was a kid in the 70's and even I didn't think barbara cartoons were actually well made, you did not watch them for the visuals. You watched them because they were funny.

In fact, most of that animation is garbage. There isn't even any of the golden age of Disney on there, or any of (fun fact, looney tunes is not Disney) or stop motion like Rankin.

And it really hasn't gone to shit, there's lots of great stuff going on. It's just that the mainstream shit has such a huge overhead that the big studios don't like to take chances much anymore.

But then new guys emerge. Like how network television is mostly reality-show garbage, so small channels like AMC are now grabbing the market.

That could not have happened before the information era, except through extraordinary circumstances from massive studios with huge resources, like when the Fox network started up.

I appreciate the old things in this picture and would like seeing them in the historic part of town but I do like the new ones a lot.

Why do I feel physical pain from looking at this?

>Mfw all of the ancient philosophers agree with racism and sexism
>Made the greatest artists of all time do too
>Mfw every inventor as well

>Mfw only Karl Marx and shitty artists agree with the leftards

I see the racist depictions as being there to remind everyone who the "others" were and what their social roles should be defined as. It's still an agenda, just one more acceptable to the average user of Sup Forums.

I'm not supporting the cartoons on the bottom but are the top examples really something to be proud of?

Because Hollywood has decided that animation is relegated to children enterteinment. Did you know at the Oscars many judges don't watch the nominees for animated movie?

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

Such a shame for the country that invented this art to be surpassed by Japan.

>Real man

>made when

Fucking autocorrect

That's right, spic.

Animated western childrens movies can actually be pretty impressive. It's just that in the west they don't really bother tapping into the adult market outside of piss and shit joke animations and poorly developed comic book movies.

Might I ask what movie/show that is?

Yes, the amount of work involved in making those is incredible. Especially since they didn't have computers to do everything for them like leftards.

Just goes to show what happens when women and leftists animate and teach newer generations to draw

First Ghost in the Shell movie. Worth watching even if you generally hate Anime weeb shit.

fucking seriously? god, fuck communism and anything like it.

captcha: elverdisser Strafbe