Why can't capeshit be more political

Why can't capeshit be more political

Because we get civil war out of it.

Because capeshit as a concept runs on a childish worldview.

>wanting everything you consume to be "politically approved" by your own label
If fanaticism is so important to your life, just fuck off from the free world, you sack of shit

It can, but why should it? Really.
Why should capeshit even be as political as it already currently is?

It can to be honest. Cape usually needs another genre tied to it to sustain itself, so you get like cape + spy or cape + war or cape + soap opera.

>wanting political agendas in your recreational media
Why?

Friendly reminder that Abyss' cast was the worst Tales cast and Anise was the worst character in it.

Not OP but "political" hardly only means "political agenda". And even if it did, that's not the be-all end-all death of a political piece of work. Honestly I don't agree with this kind of 'safe space' censorship full stop, fuck the restriction of content based on what people feel comfortable with. There's always plenty of safe stuff within a genre/type of media, experimentation is welcome.

Hell no. Already saw this crap too much everywhere.

>implying comics haven't been 'political' since ww2

fart

Most capeshit writers these days are liberals.
Also, it tends to not age well.

Not sure if trolls or really fucking stupid

Reddit

Tumblr

I used to read comics because they were one of the very few forms of media that -wasn't- political as fuck. Now they're just as bad if not worse and there's just no escape from people soapboxing and spouting shit all the time.

Yeah, it's perfect.

Carfax

Did you actually consciously make that choice? How old were you?

How about a comic that isant political?

>isant political
DRONES UNITE
OVERTHROW THE QUEEN

THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS

They do exist but they don't attract as much attention as the ones that are political.
You can have a well written story that takes bold risks with the characters it uses and it'll still receive less attention than a Trump reference in a poorly written comic.

impossible. you would need no humans, and zero concept of power. and even that in itself would be a political statement.

user

everything is aligned with something

I gotchu

All that does is enforce statement

I dont know or care what this is of the entire comic is spoken in broken English

Luke and Guy did nothing wrong.

>put left wing politics in a cape comic
>wtf, libtards shoehorning their politics into everything, cucks, reeeee, etc
>put right wing politics in a cape comic
>trigglypuff.gif

And both are bad for sales.

>thinking "political intrigue" means it's good or deep

That is not what OP said.

I was hoping he wasn't being retarded and seriously wanting politics in capeshit.

Even if he was, cape comics have previously demonstrated that they can be just as effective of a medium for political commentary as anything else. You shouldn't completely discount them.

But comics being political isn't experimental the slightest. A lot of comics have done it, especially modern comics, and they rarely end up good. Which is why nobody wants that shit anymore.

They are being more political and it's trash. Fuck off.

Praise kek