/STD/ general - Star Trek Discovery

No more names edition, just series discussion.

Previous thread:

Stop fucking calling it STD

Doesn't need to be a general that links to previous threads, there's no topic or discussion, just a link to a previous thread.

Why isn't DSC an option?? You guys just want chaos. No one here wants to discuss the show inb4 "where do you think we are?"

that's the acronym though.

so the captain is an evil mushroom man right

What do they call it on rebbit? Not saying I agree with them, just that it could inform my decision.

>>Is DIS a general for Disney
Yes it is.
/DIS/ has been the shorthand for Disney threads on Sup Forums since before 2014

orshills out in force!

Discuss the show here, no more names!!!!
Lets start by talking about how Michael is quickly becoming the leading hero in the series so far.

shut up

Its to avoid confusion.
>easy catalog searching
>DIS is already used by Disney general
>the name doesnt matter except to trolls and orshills.

Is not STD though.

It's DSC. But they'll never accept it

If we judged the shows based off their special effects then clearly Discovery is the winner over Orville as can be seen here.

The right alien literally has almost no trace of even being an alien making it not only farsical at best but shows how low test orville brainlets really are because their so uncreative.

If they didn't want it to be called std they would have called it something else

It sounds like shit. When people think of STD, they'll think of aids or something. DIS is much better
>inB4 orshill boogeyman

says a random troll on the internet who probably is an orville fan, yea gonna go ahead and ignore that and stick with STD like everyone else.

>When people think of STD, they'll think of aids or something.
thats a personal problem of yours if that is what you think of when clearly were on a tv board or in any discussion your talking about Trek not your personal life orshill.

Saru eating things is so cute

Poll results before it was posted in /
Orville/

>muh orshill boogey man

STD Saru looks much better than the character on the left who I cant even tell is an alien, only that she is being used by plebs to jerk off too because they hate women and just want to objectify them.

Real Thread

SARU is STD #1 Husbando!!!

I don't watch that shit show. I just think DIS sounds better than fucking STD.

noone noticed the designation here is for the wrong ship not the Discovery?

Its going to be STD. It ill always be STD. Its an acronym.

Because just a D would be retarded.

>they'll

Who is they?

(((they)))

>DIS
>just a D

Brainlet detected

DS9 worked why wouldnt STD? Ive taken a liking to STD since the start since it makes talking about the show easier than regurgitating the word discovery every 5 secs when doing comparisons.

Thank you OP, this thread is comfy as shit.

Now we can get on to the actual discussion:

Can someone explain the alien monster from the last episode? I was dittering on my phone and must have missed some details. Why was it on the ship? Because it was mutated by the experimental warp process? Why is it important to Lorca?

Likes dis

Top = STD chad
Bot = DIS virgin

>actual discussion
>I was dittering on my phone and must have missed some details
High quality shit you got there.

D I S
I
S
D I S
I
S

i think just using a D would make index searching to difficult. STD has grown on me much like how TNG grew on me after a few seasons of it being a train wreck. Its understandable why more fans chose STD over any other name due to its popularity for mainstream audiences.

She's a sexy can opener. That's it.

im still wondering what happened with the coffin ship myself.

Star Treks shows always had a 3 letter acronym based on the 3 words in the title.
The Original Series = TOS
The Next Generation = TNG
Deep Space Nine = DS9

Voyager and Enterprise changed that format, but that doesn't make it ok. They really should be STV and STE to follow the established rule.

Star Trek Discovery = STD because that is how true Star Trek acronyms are done.

So, when are we getting an episode about this guy?

There's just some fags that are afraid of the connotations of STD.

Its pretty apt considering the latest episode with the fungal aspect though.

Well there is also DSC

When is the new STD episode? was it tonight? I bought cbs all access but couldnt find the listing, found it last week but forget where it is now or how i found it.

>implying STD aren't orshill virgins pushing for STD

The matter is settled. We have not one, not two, but THREE different polls, all of which indicated that we call these threads STD.

We've been calling these threads STD for literally over 6 months. DIS just popped up a couple weeks ago because VIRAL MARKETERS and CBS INTERNS hate the name!

On Sup Forums we decide general thread tags by community vote, that's how its always been!

hope we get to see more about his race that are genetically engineered, seems like an Aliens reference maybe? Sort of like the engineers who made humans so who made Saru is the interesting question maybe?

6:30 PM PT

They're using technology that allows you to teleport anywhere.

The creature is probably from someplace they teleported to, or someplace they teleported to them.

Soon

>*DIS

>We deal with them.
>Quietly.
CBS shills btfo.

This. We need to change TOS to STT, TAS to STT, TNG to STT, DS9 to STD.

Deep Space Coverup

You can easily judge someones rank and position based on the Orville uniforms.

>There's just some fags that are afraid of the connotations of STD.
This guy gets it. It's been STD for months on Sup Forums, and nobody has cared until 11days ago.

>Its pretty apt considering the latest episode with the fungal aspect though.
oh dam spore drive and STD, didnt think of that until now. I was on the fence about what to call the show but I can see where your coming from and how STD fits since the entire engine system is based off it.

Did people know that spore drive is real in fact a character in STD is named after the IRL person who invented it?

Maybe we'll see some cool new race like the Borg ;^)

You are beyond retarded

DIS*

Yeah what's the deal with this web of spores across the galaxy? How come we never heard of this shit before?

It's STD and will always be STD. Calling it Disco is retarded and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

Why do people keep praising the main character's performance when she's literally the worst actor on the show? Her performance is so bad they had to add that shitty white woman as her roommate who is an even worse actor for some reason.

DIS

>We've been calling these threads STD for literally over 6 months. DIS just popped up a couple weeks ago because VIRAL MARKETERS and CBS INTERNS hate the name!
This is mind boggling to me, I dont get why CBS would hate the name STD. It literally piggy backs off an already popularly used abbreviation giving them tons more exposure.

Im a fan of the show and have been calling it STD since probably the first trailer and never looked back, I think CBS is wrong if their rallying against it because its a very catch name to me at least.

>The matter is settled. We have not one, not two, but THREE different polls, all of which indicated that we call these threads STD.
Than why do people here keep insisting it has to be /DIS/ ?

What's with the gay dude? He didn't seem very broken up when he saw his dead gay lover. Why is he a sassy little bitch?

Because DIS makes more sense

how long until next ep?

IT'S
FUCKING
DSC

But STD is the literal acronym for the letters.

>Disco
I thought this was just a gag. People really wanted to call it Disco legitly?

Stop spending time talking about things you don't like.

Did anyone notice the ships designation?

SECTION 31 !!!!!! This is where it begins maybe?

hence diff uniforms all that stuff?

Because their jobs (as CBS interns and social media marketers) depend on them changing the branding to DIS.

I used to work as on a Facebook marketing team. Yes, people are pathetic enough to do shit like this. Branding is important. Remember people trying to push the XBox One to be called "The One" instead of "X Bone"?

Pure marketing.

I'm confused about the binary food chain thing. How does that work?

He says that his species was farmed but then what did his species eat, if it eats plants then it is not a binary food chain because there is 3 levels. And how can he sense death, I'm sick of paranormal shit like telepathy contaminating my sci-fi.

next episode of DIS airs in 1 hour

it really doesnt if you think about it which is why STD is so popular as a name and kind of stuck around among fans and audiences.

Hey dipshits real thread here.

gay people are intrinsically heartless

The gay character is getting a new love interest.

Judging from how the show works, that event will be what causes the next relationship to form and be its foundation, we already have lore building here in STD and were only a few eps in!!!! PREPARE YOUR BODIES!!!

wasnt there a thing on tng where space was getting degraded and worn out by warp vessels?

Enterprise isn't called STE, Voyager isn't called STV

Everyone here are a bunch of retards. It's DIS, even CBS suggested it. Deal with it.

now you fucking did it..

Ah, okay. Why was this random alien important enough to transport onto the Discovery all secret and sneaky-like?

Lorca and his security officer lady seemed like they were doing something unethical or wrong by taking it in for study.

It's literally DSC

I'm gonna need some proof you ho·mob

But they should be, they are ones that broke the rule of Star Trek acronyms.
STD is doing it right.

>Branding is important.
they should use the brand name that works and is popular its weird their not using STD like everyone in the scifi community uses since were the trek fans. Using anything else I think takes away from the show and its appeal.

>It's DIS, even CBS suggested it.
If anything thats a count *against* DIS

They're just using the spore thing so brainlets can understand. Its basically quantum entanglement. They're saying every particle everywhere is connected, so for science fiction reasons that means we can be anywhere whenever we want.

>He says that his species was farmed but then what did his species eat,
I dont get it either or how he uses the term speicies with no mention yet of procreation, different genders. I wonder from what he said if they were more like drones?

Shut the fuck up, poindexter. The people have spoken.

STD (formerly DIS)

Why though? Is it because it reminds you of Sexual Transmitted Disease?

>tfw STD and DISCO sounds so fucking gay
I fucking hate CBS

fake and gay

>They are ones that broke the rule of Star Trek acronyms
TOS
TAS
TNG
DS9
VOY
ENT
DSC

Neither of those acronyms have a secondary meaning that is apropos for the show.

Dis!

DIS is our thread!

>broke the rule of Star Trek acronyms

No Star Trek acronym starts with ST

its STD

Get over it user, you wont derail future threads, the name is settled and was before you came here. Fans always named the show, if your relying on corporations to tell you how to think in life your gonna have a bad time.