So what is Sup Forums's interpretation of this ending?

So what is Sup Forums's interpretation of this ending?

when is the all female reboot happening

one of them was a thing, probably black guy because black

It's been forever since I watched it, but I thought they killed the thing but were now going to freeze to death together.

>childs earring
>drinking whiskey

it was Childs. he didn't have a breath.

This.

The whiskey was gasoline, Kurt Russell was looking for a reaction from child's. Also something about his earring which was further explained in the 2011 version

my local theater is showing this on Wednesday, can't wait to see it on the big screen.

ending was ambiguous like the rest of the movie

this is a reddit theory that the director himself debunked

The thing was Childs. His breath wasn't visible when MacReady gives him the whiskey, that's why he starts laughing.

The point is, it doesn't matter. Humanity won.

There is a follow up comic that takes place right after the ending, I only have issue 1 but it starts with him on a ship saying that childs is the thing, but at the end they meet Childs and he's okay and living with a group of people.

Neither of them is the thing, confirmed by Carpenter

Reminder the ps2 game was supposedly canon

Carpenter confirmed that the game was canon, therefore neither of them was the thing.

Are there any hints or evidence at the end that it is the thing drinking with Macready?

Haven't seen this film in a while, but don't remember it hinting that the creature was still there.

A modern Thing game with some action elements but a heavy dose of "who is the Thing?" story telling would be amazing.

Didn't he say that one of the two was the thing earlier, before the release of the game? So he actually just switched around what was canon in the end

Perfect.

it also came out on PC and can be played on modern rigs

jesus christ, every the thing thread is exactly the same, same old braindead faggots posting the same old DEBUNKED theories and posting the same old shit about le canon videogame etc. fucking KILL YOURSELVES!

Aside from that pan to the basement door before Childs is shown no longer guarding the door, not really. Everything else is mostly debunked.

So apparently neither of them were the Thing and the eerie atmosphere and tension at the end was just their paranoia in thinking either one of them was infected.

>being this gullible and retarded
serves you well. you fucking moron.

You got a theory then, wise guy?

i have a theory that is based on actual facts and logic, not some redditcore fan fiction such as le gasoline, le breathing, le coat etc. the "childs=thing" theory is based on his character, i.e. there's no way childs alone would be going after blair alone in the dark fucking storm, also there are two shots of the hallway and the second one shows the coats and boots rearranged and the doors behind childs open.