Villeneuve, we want the normie facebook audience

>Villeneuve, we want the normie facebook audience
>Say no more...

Nobody is talking about this. Regardless of your opinion of the film, it was a pretty hard bait and switch from the trailers

brainlets

sage

How exactly is an almost 3 hour long R rated visually focused slow burning neo-noir sci fi film that deals with the human condition made for "the normies"?
The box office not performing well confirms this completely.

And my guess is that you most probably didn’t even see the film.

>le reddit buzzwords

The state of cyberpunk, lads.

>normie audience
>movie flops coz no normie audience to watch it
eeerm?
when i was in theatre, less than 1/3 seats were taken, and mostly were old 40+ guys

What are you attempting to communicate?

Tell me a single buzzword I used, because there is none, while the first thing you spouted is "LE REDDIT".
Pathetic.

>le
>reddit
>lads
You're the only one spouting buzzwords you simpleton.

>it was a pretty hard bait and switch from the trailers
The fact that you watch trailers makes your opinion already irrelevant.

It was sunday (2 days after release) when I saw it and there literally weren't seats left. They put up the "sold out" sign. Luckily I got mine in advance.

Most people who watch movies are 40 year old guys, especially at move theaters. Dying industry.

But middle aged moms and instagram thots HATED it

The state of you

My mom is middle aged and my sister is an instagram thot and they both loved it.

You must have a cool family user

de Runner 2049 was a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" director to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new "indie director" with an inoffensive face from obscurity, get them to shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented director" appeal and can now be a new "artificial director" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Denis is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend director.

The exact same career progression as Nolan.

> we want a beaner repellant kino
>say no more

Great movie experience

This stale pasta really doesn’t work in this situation, Villeneuve has been a popular director for nearly 8 years now and to imply that he was "obscure" before BR 2049 is straight up retarded.
Atleast show some effort while shitposting.

>How is an almost 3 hour long
being long doesnt equal good
a cure for wellness was 2 and a half hours long and it was still a piece of shit
>R rated
the only thing that warranted an r rating for this were "dude boobs lmao", none of the fight scenes or action sequences were particularly violent or gory,
they just slapped the r rating because they wanted to make the audiences think that this isnt your "typical movie"
>slow burning
i dont think you know what that means my friend
a slow burner must have a specific quiet, subdued athmosphere that gets unexpectedly interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene
a perfect example of slow burners are the Dardenne brothers films
2049 is a big budget blockbuster with its every beat, which automatically stops it from being a slow burner, and that god awful soundtrack made it even less of a slow burner
>visually focused
the visuals were terrrible
>deals with the human condition
just stop it
stop embarrasing yourself
i'm telling you this for your own good

You haven't seen the movie.

>none of the fight scenes or action sequences were particularly violent or gory
user there were literal limbs and guts flying in the airstrike scene of bombing the foreigners and literal wombs being cut on screen besides all the full nudity. And ratings are not made by studios user, it's not like the studio can slap on a whatever rating on the film it wants too.

>a slow burner must have a specific quiet, subdued athmosphere that gets unexpectedly interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene
Stop posting altogether user. If you genuinely think that a slow burning film needs to get "interrupted by a violence or an overdramatic scene" then you're either a mentally challenged autist or a literal underage undeveloped kid

>the visuals were terrrible
This point is on the same level of saying "the movie was bad because it's bad", form an actual coherent buzzword argument

What a surface-level casual.